Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all love a good panic on here. Nothing to worry about as far as I'm concerned.

The thing that annoys me is the fact that we are even having to discuss this in all honesty. We shouldn't be anywhere near this end of the table.

Well one thing is for sure & that is Wigan are by far & away the best of the teams in the bottom half of the table right now & are capable of beating any team they play from now on in so i can easily see them overhauling us. They won at Anfield & should have won at Chelsea apart from dodgy decisions & have just beaten Man utd so i can see them going past us very soon.

As for QPR well they seem to be getting everything at the moment including all the luck going & all the decisions too so it appears they are perhaps the preferred choice to stay up with the FA (Not surprising as they are London based & have loads of cash) so i think they will get plenty more results & points too despite their tough fixtures.

That leaves Bolton who we of course have to play (BIG game or what) & of course out of everybody they have the easiest fixtures so for me it could be us or them for the final relegation spot. That is hoping Blackburn join Wolves of course & even that isn't certain though it is clear Wolves have gone..

Worrying times & i just hope we get a bit of QPR's luck & meet a team or 2 who are "on the beach" like Swansea were tonight.

How an earth can people be so confident? Our form is TERRIBLE. Right now I think we are likely to go down. It is not some far off possibility its something the club need to face today. The aircraft is going down, lets hit as many buttons as we can to try and change the trajectory. Lerner needs to make a manager change today. It might just make the difference.

You all love a good panic on here. Nothing to worry about as far as I'm concerned.

The thing that annoys me is the fact that we are even having to discuss this in all honesty. We shouldn't be anywhere near this end of the table.

Is it panic or is it fact? We are in trouble. One win in the last ten games. One home win in the last 5/6 months. Lose at home to Bolton, which is perfectly conceivable, given our home record and we are bang in the mix. The problem is, McLeish has the most experience of all the Managers at the bottom is taking clubs down, no doubts he'll be red hot favourite to do it again! :lol:

I just did the predictor.

I had us getting 3 draws out of the 6 games.

Wigan, Bolton and QPR all only win 2 games out of the remaining fixtures and we go down by 1 point.

Not unrealistic by any means.

I'm very worried.

The thought of Mcleish just sitting comfortably at home knowing if he gets sacked he'll still be a millionaire, whereas if we go down my life would be about 10 times worse, sickens me right now.

Just like Newcastle a few years ago, we are getting dragged into the mire, and unfortunatley it is a very real possibility that we may be plying our trade in the championship next season. However, it won't be the end of the world. I can't see Mcleish surviving relegation, and it will give our young 'uns a full season of playing. Newcastle got relegated a few years ago, and now they are in with a shout of the Champions League. Heck Citeh even ended up in the equivalent of League one 15 years ago, and now they are 2nd (okay, stacks of cash does help) - relegation is not the death of the football club, it will be very difficult to stomach if it does happen, but if it does, let's enjoy a season where we should get more than 4 wins at home! (I'm really trying to make positive out of the worst case scenario here, oh hang on, worst case scenario is we get relegated, and Mcliesh keeps his job! - but still, pardon me for trying to see some good out of a horrible situation!)

Just like Newcastle a few years ago, we are getting dragged into the mire, and unfortunatley it is a very real possibility that we may be plying our trade in the championship next season. However, it won't be the end of the world. I can't see Mcleish surviving relegation, and it will give our young 'uns a full season of playing. Newcastle got relegated a few years ago, and now they are in with a shout of the Champions League. Heck Citeh even ended up in the equivalent of League one 15 years ago, and now they are 2nd (okay, stacks of cash does help) - relegation is not the death of the football club, it will be very difficult to stomach if it does happen, but if it does, let's enjoy a season where we should get more than 4 wins at home! (I'm really trying to make positive out of the worst case scenario here, oh hang on, worst case scenario is we get relegated, and Mcliesh keeps his job! - but still, pardon me for trying to see some good out of a horrible situation!)

For every Newcastle there is a Coventry or a Leeds.. Clubs that go down and never look like ever returning. Let's hope we are a Newcastle..

I have the table finishing like this

15 QPR 40pts

16 Wigan 38pts

17 Bolton 38pts

18 Villa 36pts :(

19 Blackburn 34pts

20 Wolves 22pts

:lol::lol:

1 point from the remaining 5 games. Not even Mcleish is that bad.

Just had a good look at the fixtures & i can see Wigan getting at least 7 more points with

Arsenal (a) L

Fulham (a) L

Newcastle (h) D

Blackburn (a) W

Wolves (h) W

Although on current form i wouldn't put it past them doing Fulham or Newcastle either. That would leave them with 38 points

QPR i can see getting at least 7 more with

WBA (a) D

Spurs (h) W

Chelsea (a) L

Stoke (H) W

Man City (a) L

Leaving them also with 38 points

Bolton have easier fixtures & i see around 9 points for them

Swansea (h) W

Villa (a) D

Sunderland (a) L

Spurs (h) D

WBA (h) W

Stoke (a) D

Leaving them on 38 points too!

Blackburn i see with maybe 4 points

Swansea (a) D

Norwich (h) W

Spurs (a) L

Wigan (H) L

Chelsea (a) L

puts them on 33 points & in trouble

Wolves surely are down So for me we need 4 points but thats cutting it very fine indeed possibly just 3 with our goal difference but that is way too risky.

Just seen highlights of the Wigan game. They bossed the game and had a goal wrongly disallowed. It should have been more than 1. They play a good passing game too against the champions elect

Let me say this, 15th place flatters Villa. I truly beleive based on performances we are the 17th or 18th best team in the division, and the league will reflect that at the end.

I have the table finishing like this

15 QPR 40pts

16 Wigan 38pts

17 Bolton 38pts

18 Villa 36pts :(

19 Blackburn 34pts

20 Wolves 22pts

:lol::lol:

1 point from the remaining 5 games. Not even Mcleish is that bad.

yep,

man utd (a) lose

sunderland (h) lose

bolton (h) draw

wba (a) lose

tottenham (h) lose

norwich (a) lose

I dont see why it is so unreasoanble that these are results we will get. we are the worst team in this division apart from wolves.

we are utter bollocks

Just had a good look at the fixtures & i can see Wigan getting at least 7 more points with

Arsenal (a) L

Fulham (a) L

Newcastle (h) D

Blackburn (a) W

Wolves (h) W

Although on current form i wouldn't put it past them doing Fulham or Newcastle either. That would leave them with 38 points

QPR i can see getting at least 7 more with

WBA (a) D

Spurs (h) W

Chelsea (a) L

Stoke (H) W

Man City (a) L

Leaving them also with 38 points

Bolton have easier fixtures & i see around 9 points for them

Swansea (h) W

Villa (a) D

Sunderland (a) L

Spurs (h) D

WBA (h) W

Stoke (a) D

Leaving them on 38 points too!

Blackburn i see with maybe 4 points

Swansea (a) D

Norwich (h) W

Spurs (a) L

Wigan (H) L

Chelsea (a) L

puts them on 33 points & in trouble

Wolves surely are down So for me we need 4 points but thats cutting it very fine indeed possibly just 3 with our goal difference but that is way too risky.

So we need a 1 win and hope they don't beat us on goal difference or to get 1 win and 1 draw and be safe?

""So we need a 1 win and hope they don't beat us on goal difference or to get 1 win and 1 draw and be safe?""

Thats how i see it but it is indeed still very risky as it would only take 1 bonus result for each of those 3 teams & we would be struggling. I feel we will get a draw it's the win i'm worried about due to the inexperience in the side at present. We get into good positions but never hold onto it which is our biggest flaw for me.

We badly need some injuries to clear up too!