Relegation - Merged

Amo69

i don't think i could take relegation in any form

Well, that's just over-dramatising for effect really isn't it? It's not like you're going to kill yourself if we get relegated, or worse, stop supporting the club. And if you were to do either of those things then I think it's pretty pathetic.

There's are millions of fans world-wide who support teams week-in week-out who aren't in the top division in their country or who constantly fluctuate between promotion and relegation.

If we get relegated I'll do exactly what I've done all my life. Keep supporting the villa. I honestly don't even care about the whole thing about us being in the elite club of teams that have never been relegated from the Premier League. That would sting people who do care for a while but we'd get over it. You think Newcastle fans care about the fact that they were relegated right now? I don't.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that's just over-dramatising for effect really isn't it? It's not like you're going to kill yourself if we get relegated, or worse, stop supporting the club. And if you were to do either of those things then I think it's pretty pathetic.

There's are millions of fans world-wide who support teams week-in week-out who aren't in the top division in their country or who constantly fluctuate between promotion and relegation.

If we get relegated I'll do exactly what I've done all my life. Keep supporting the villa. I honestly don't even care about the whole thing about us being in the elite club of teams that have never been relegated from the Premier League. That would sting people who do care for a while but we'd get over it. You think Newcastle fans care about the fact that they were relegated right now? I don't.

I agree.

Yup good post.

actually when you put it like that, yeah, I can see it wouldn't be so bad

Get to visit a few old haunts - possibly Hillsborough, Elland Rd etc

Yeah, wouldnt be the end of the world

Cheaper tickets too

There are no positives to relegation...... does anyone realistically think we'd get back up straight away????

We've already lost ground on the likes of Tottenham, Everton and now Sunderland - a year (or more) away and we'd be like Wigan, Bolton and Fulham.

The problem at the club is obvious - lack of managerial talent.

This will hopefully be addressed in the summer.

I suppose we all have different ways of looking at things. I went through one relegation in the eighties and it was awful. The club loses its profile and sheen when you get relegated. You become "little", you become "plucky" and "underdogs" in the eyes of the media and footballing world. The longer you are out, the worse it becomes.

Yes, Newcastle are doing okay now but the record book says they were playing second tier football the other year. That is now part of their history and will be lurking in the backs of their minds and the minds of potential signings. Will Newcastle hang on to the players who have done so well this year, will the Bas and Cisses of this world stick with them? My view is that such players still view Newcastle as a club that could potentially be second tier in the not too distant future as they are not established long enough in the top flight yet. Newcastle are not a stable top club and could just as easily have a poor season next year.

One of the many reasons why Villa are so great is that we have, for the vast bulk of our existence, been a top flight club. Relegation IS NOT ACCEPTABLE for us and it will have a huge impact on our image and status - even if we get back up. (And it is an "if".) Our image, our standing and our history suffers.

My relegation memories are not good: it genuinely knocks the stuffing out of you - and if you care about the club it hurts in many, many ways.

In short: Get behind the lads and roar us up the table! Get positive.

I don't know if anyone else agrees but I would like to see a poll on this site, either added to this thread or a new one started, to see how many think we will go down and how many think we will stay up.

It's a bit close to the next double-header of games though so not sure if it would be better to be added today or after the Stoke game?

Having looked at everyone else's fixtures, I have convinced myself that we will finish below Bolton and Blackburn. So for me it is 2 from us, QPR & Wigan to join Wolves in going down. Those two teams have very tough fixtures but the difference between them and us is the fact they have both beaten teams from the so-called "Elite" brigade in recent weeks.

I can see us losing the predictable games against Liverpool, Man Utd & Spurs and I can also see us losing the derby game at Albion. Let's face it, if MON could only take 3 more points this season they would be from us! This all adds up to us needing to take points out of Stoke (will bombard us aerially, knowing we can't defend crosses), Bolton (put out a much weakened side in the Carling Cup at Villa Park and still beat our near full strength team) & Norwich (will be safe so have nothing to play for apart from the end of season game in front of home fans).

Liverpool are shit of late but I still expect them to stick 3 past us. My bigger concern will be if we lose to Stoke. They have not been too good themselves lately so a defeat to them will really set the alarm bells ringing for me!

How on earth will we beat stoke, even Weimann is injured now so that = Heskey up front, alone

The injury list at the club at the minute is a joke. I find it a bit strange when they all seem to come when we're struggling. I used to think that injuries caused teams to drop down the league. I'm now convinced that the shitter you get the more injuries will happen.

Whatever way round I blame McLeish for it all.

How on earth will we beat stoke, even Weimann is injured now so that = Heskey up front, alone

We will have to kidnap Crouch before the game otherwise he will destroy us at corners :D

The injury list at the club at the minute is a joke. I find it a bit strange when they all seem to come when we're struggling. I used to think that injuries caused teams to drop down the league. I'm now convinced that the shitter you get the more injuries will happen.

Whatever way round I blame McLeish for it all.

Eventually our years of having a wafer thin squad under Ellis/Lerner would bite us in the arse, we have no one to blame but the club, I bet in Premier League history we would be way out in front in terms of having the smallest squad every season...

We will have to kidnap Crouch before the game otherwise he will destroy us at corners :D

You seem to have a fetish about Peter Crouch and corners!

The way we defend corners,Peter Crouch scares hell out of me, he might get his first hat trick against us ( all from corners ) :oops:

The way we defend corners,Peter Crouch scares hell out of me, he might get his first hat trick against us ( all from corners ) :oops:

Well just to make you feel worse he could do the same damage to us from long throw ins!

crouch is one of the last players id be worried about in the air tbh, he's dire for a big guy