Relegation - Merged

Amo69

I said this is a few weeks back and it's a statistic that really surprises me given how shite we've been for most of the season.

The most league games we've lost in a row this season stands at......2. As a comparison Spurs were 2 minutes away last night from their fourth successive league defeat. Obviously they don't draw as many as we do!

What I'm trying to say is people who think we'll only get one more point all season are bonkers imo. We'll get 4 points from the Sunderland-Stoke games, a win v Bolton, draws at Norwich and West Brom and a draw from Chelsea at home so 10 more points as I've written off anything from the Manure.Arsenal and Liverpool away games and Spurs at home.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we'll beat Sunderland. The initial MON-inspired euphoria seems to have worn off a bit and they have a few injuries affecting a squad that is quite poor in the first place.
I'm not so sure about that one. MON always had that edge over McLeish. Now I don't rate MON at all (although he's a lot better than McLeish) but I just can't see us winning that. Draw I reckon.

Hard to call some game towards the end eg. Spurs at home, the way they're playing they may be out of the race for 4th by then and it could be an easy 3 points for us, same with Norwich away, they will be firmly on the beach by then, Liverpool away could easily be a point as they are shite, etc etc

The thread should stay open until we're mathematically safe

Closing it ahead of this point may backfire

I have the feeling that this thread will reopen early next season.As far as I am comcerned we are safe this season cause the teams below us are crap.Wigan could not get 3 points to save their soules,Wolves are worse off with their new manager and QPR have the worst fixture list of anyone.Blackburn will finish above us though. :oops:

A big day at the bottom. We could practically be safe if results go our way. A win for Manchester United is likely against QPR, and hopefully a draw for Wigan and Wolves. Even a loss at the emirates will mean a 12 gap with 8 to play.

Hard to call some game towards the end eg. Spurs at home, the way they're playing they may be out of the race for 4th by then and it could be an easy 3 points for us, same with Norwich away, they will be firmly on the beach by then, Liverpool away could easily be a point as they are shite, etc etc

"The way they are playing?", they have been playing much better than us, just been on the wrong end of results so I wouldn't put too much thought into that if I were you.

Spurs are much better than us.

Its Norwich first season in the top, they will impress till the very end.

I wish we played at home the way Liverpool play at home.

So none of these games look like 3 points to me.

spurs at home could be an easy 3 points? That's hilarious. you know we won't get anything from that game. mcleish will set up like he did against man city or he may even go for the 6 defenders approach like last time against spurs

spurs at home could be an easy 3 points? That's hilarious. you know we won't get anything from that game. mcleish will set up like he did against man city or he may even go for the 6 defenders approach like last time against spurs

You know that? Wow, you'll probably get evens on that, how much will you put on?

I'm not so sure about that one. MON always had that edge over McLeish. Now I don't rate MON at all (although he's a lot better than McLeish) but I just can't see us winning that. Draw I reckon.

Not sure how you can't rate someone who took us from relegation bound (i.e. where we are now) to 6th and europe in consecutive appearances with a cup final and FA Cup semi final.

Whether you like MON or not, you must be able to admit the guy is a fantastic manager.

You know that? Wow, you'll probably get evens on that, how much will you put on?

Watching us beat Spurs will be good

Cause I got pissed off watching us draw with Wigan

Not sure how you can't rate someone who took us from relegation bound (i.e. where we are now) to 6th and europe in consecutive appearances with a cup final and FA Cup semi final.

Whether you like MON or not, you must be able to admit the guy is a fantastic manager.

I've already been over why I don't rate him a thousand times. Other people on here have been over it as well and their reasons match my own. You talk about MON being a fantastic manager as if it's some kind of fact - it isn't. The only fact here (and some would probably even debate that) is that he's better than McLeish.

I think we'll beat Sunderland. The initial MON-inspired euphoria seems to have worn off a bit and they have a few injuries affecting a squad that is quite poor in the first place.

They got twatted at the Albion and Ewood Park whcih would lend support to your arguments.

I think we'll give pube heads side a good schillacking myself.

They got twatted at the Albion and Ewood Park whcih would lend support to your arguments.

It will certainly be the pits if MON brings a rubbish Sunderland side, that a few weeks ago was heading for relegation, to Villa Park and beats us.

It would be a poignant comment on our recent history.

It will certainly be the pits if MON brings a rubbish Sunderland side, that a few weeks ago was heading for relegation, to Villa Park and beats us.

It would be a poignant comment on our recent history.

A few weeks ago? Think you mean months. As for the Sunderland side, they're not actually that bad. Some decent players in there. Bruce is just a crap manager.

I don't think Bolton will do it for Muamba. I think they'll all still be a bit shellshocked and undermotivated. Blackburn on the other hand are on a high. I think this is Blackburn's 3rd away win of the season.