VT piss'up, 5th May!

wiggyrichard

Right, let's have a bit of a get together to have some beers and put names to faces.

Im assuming Brum would be the easiest location with it being local to most and good for transport for those coming from a little further away.

I'm in...

But then surely you'll wind up with the far more dangerous scenario of a live action version of off topic? Half the attendees will be fighting over the jukebox, whilst the other half will be pouncing en masse on anything with both a vagina and pulse (though in some cases the pulse may even be optional).

I suggest a hearty drinking of toasts, depending on the day of the meeting. The Royal Navy tradition is as follows:

Sunday ............... Absent friends.

Monday ...............Our ships at sea.

Tuesday .............. Our men.

Wednesday ..........Ourselves (as no one else is likely to concern themselves with our welfare)

Thursday ............. A bloody war or a sickly season.

Friday ..................A willing foe and sea room.

Saturday ............. Wives and sweethearts (may they never meet)

I think Saturday would be the best day. :)

Shillzz (and others), if your up for a Saturday game, would it make sense to have a get together after a match?

Sounds like a good suggestion to me, though I won't be offended if another time is chosen.

Pelle is over for the Spurs game on 5th May ... maybe make it that match and it will give the men enough time to finish off all the DIY jobs at home so they are allowed out .....

if this is done far enough in advance I am in.

what about the last home game of the season or something? perhaps with a block booking at Jimmy spices in brum for some villa nosh and some beers after?

all in villa shirts or each get a T-shirt with our Avatar on it, as I will be utterly confused calling people other than GARETHRDR or TONY29.

Sounds good to me.

Maybe those local to Dudley/Cradley could meet at a local pub prior to heading to the game / meeting place and head down together.

Would make sense mate, i think there is quite a few of us from Halesowen, Cradley, Dudley, Quarry Bonk etc.

Â