Formula One - 2012

BOF

And the Sahara Force India VJM05. Once again, a nose Steve Bruce would be proud of. That's 3 of the 4 cars launched so far sporting the stepped honker approach. Only McLaren have gone down a different route.

Jules-Bianchi-Nico-Hulkenberg-Paul-di-Resta-F_2712221.jpg

Hmmm interesting about the crooked nose. I wonder why McLaren are the odd ones out, they have either missed a trick or pulled off a master stroke. Any pics of the new Red Bull? If Adrian Newey has put a crooked nose on that then they've missed a trick as he is usually the master at new car set ups.

Going by Scarbs' excellent analysis of the new McLaren, it would appear that McLaren's approach differs by using an unusual rake angle i.e. achieving the slope at the front by having a higher ground clearance at the back of the car compared to the front than the other teams use. Whether or not that's a good or a bad thing we'll possibly start to see in the next few days. The first 4 day pre-season test starts in Jerez on Tuesday :clap:

i am by no means skys biggest fan but you can't deny their plans for the sport on their F1 channel are impressive

a dedicated F1 channel, HD of all practices/qualifying/race, talk shows etc and a good team of presenters too

looking forward to it, and i usually slate sky!

It's very possible. Two more stepped noses entered the ring today. Sauber and ..... Red Bull. If Adrian Newey has done it then McLaren can officially be worried now.

It's very possible. Two more stepped noses entered the ring today. Sauber and ..... Red Bull. If Adrian Newey has done it then McLaren can officially be worried now.

Yep, McLaren will probably be frantically working away on a new nose by now just in case they have been left behind. If they have cocked up again, I expect Hamilton will be off at the end of the season, and you couldn't blame him. Things haven't been the same since Ron (and my Dad :winkold: , my Dad made parts for the Hamilton's championship winning season ) retired imo, and they seem to always be playing catch up.

Â