Guess what?

isgill88

One of the most annoying things is when people say "guess what" and expect you to try and guess. How am I supposed to know?!

Inspired by a response by Chandler in Friends - "the 5th dentist finally caved in and now they're all recommending Colgate" - what other funny and random answers can we come up with that we can remember and use in that situation...?

Whilst I could never, ever be anywhere near as funny as the mighty Chandler from friends, I do complain if people say "Guess What?" without giving me the chance to guess before continuing with their anecdote.

NB: Friends is not funny.

I hate this thread.

Every time I see the title a little voice in my head shouts "What?"(in a really crap american kids tv style).

Arrrgh

(I realise my post has now bumped it up instead of trying to let it die. But I had to vocalise it!)

Guess what?

You didn't vocalise it, did you?

:lol:

I hate this thread.

Every time I see the title a little voice in my head shouts "What?"(in a really crap american kids tv style).

Arrrgh

(I realise my post has now bumped it up instead of trying to let it die. But I had to vocalise it!)

Guess what?

You didn't vocalise it, did you?

:lol:

:angry:

free **** in mcdonalds?

(depends who said guess what, but I have used this a few times)

You use free **** in McDonalds? :o

Cool. 8)

yes, I've got bolder as I've got older

I also used to have a problem with people asking:

'what are you doing tomorrow?' or tonight / Thursday next weekend etc..

I used to dread it as I'd end up invited along to something I really didn't want to do.

Now on the question 'what are you doing tomorrow?' I will quite happily respond with 'you tell me your plan, then I can make something up if it sounds crap'.

People respond that it's funny, but it works.

Â