McLeish - Yes / No / Unsure

Dodgyknees

McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure  

438 members have voted

1. 1. McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure

• Yes - He can take us forward
    • No - We need someone better
    • Unsure - Still need more time

Wow some ppl are seriously trying to compare McLeish- a failed in Prem crap version of Gary Megson with Mourinho ???

Seriously??

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

err no.

I compared the style of football to that of Mourinho not the quality of the manager.

Obviously they are poles apart. But the brand of 'anti-football' is in my opinion similar.

ok?

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow some ppl are seriously trying to compare McLeish- a failed in Prem crap version of Gary Megson with Mourinho ???

Seriously??

err no.

I compared the style of football to that of Mourinho not the quality of the manager.

Obviously they are poles apart. But the brand of 'anti-football' is in my opinion similar.

ok?

Lol @ similar. :lol:

He's made one very poor choice in his career, and that was to go to work for bosses who were always going to leave him hamstrung. It took him a worryingly long time to accept this, but to his credit he finally made the wise decision.

Now working for a club with integrity, he is presently weighed down with two burdens; a fanbase starved of success, permeated by negativity, and a team soaked in the ethos of MON's skill-lite counter-play, incapable of adapting and drained of courage Just watch the injury list mount up.

This is the same problem Houllier faced, though I feel McLeish is better equipped to overcome it. Realistically though, I am reconciled to another nine months of VillaTalk mayhem before his own team can express itself.

McLeish can't guarantee future success but neither can I pinpoint anyone I would rather have in his place. The usual suspects are currently doing no better than us.

As an aside, it is disappointing how much faith so many here have in the tyranny of the majority.

Good post.

I agree. The lack of courage one is the big one for me. None of our players have an iron will to win. That is not McLeish's fault, I wouldnt mind betting that the courage of our players has shocked him. I hate seeing players smiling and larking about when the leave the field after a defeat.

Unfortunately it happens too much.

If you set up with 10 men behind the ball and have Allbrighton and Gabby acting as spare full backs then that is the mangers fault.

It was against the Champions so I would expect the wingers to drop back a bit.

Not sure how that fact that Dunne, Collins, Gabby etc coming of the pitch looking quite happy really has to do with the manager.

I want our players to hate losing. This is a personality trait. We seem to have collected over the years the largest group of spineless players of any other team. This was before McLeish.

I don't think

Seriously??

err no.

ok?

:crylaugh:

No its not.

He is a shit version of Gary Megson.

Not a shit version of Mourinho.

Mourinho is tactically brilliant and incredibly astute in games with formations and substitutions , let alone a brilliant motivator.

billion miles away from our championship curmudgeon crap manager.

Seriously??

err no.

ok?

:crylaugh:

No its not.

He is a shit version of Gary Megson.

Not a shit version of Mourinho.

Mourinho is tactically brilliant and incredibly astute in games with formations and substitutions , let alone a brilliant motivator.

billion miles away from our championship curmudgeon crap manager.

I agree with you 100% on that.

Hence why he is managing Real Madrid and McLeish is managing us. All of those factors above mean he is an infinately better manager than McLeish. It is just the both play anti-football.

I have never said I rate McLeish. I have just said that I don't think he is being given a fair crack of the whip (IN MY OPINION)

McLeish isn't worthy of being compared to Mick Mccarthy, nevermind Mourinho. Steve Kean is more his level of comparison.

Steve Kean played 18 in all competitions won 5 win precentage 27.77% 31 goals scored an average of 1.72 per game

Alex McLeish played 16 in all competitions won 4 win percentage 25% goals scored 18 an average of 1.13 per game

He is even shitter than Steve Kean.

That says it all really doesnt it :cry:

This is the same problem Houllier faced, though I feel McLeish is better equipped to overcome it. Realistically though, I am reconciled to another nine months of VillaTalk mayhem before his own team can express itself.

He had two and a half years at Blues, spent a not inconsiderable amount of money, and yet his football by the end was just as eye wateringly bad as it was at the beginning. I'm sure I don't need to remind you how the team he built ended up in lasts years PL.

If given the chance he will repeat exactly his PL 'successes' here, but probably without the flukey cup run.

McLeish isn't worthy of being compared to Mick Mccarthy, nevermind Mourinho. Steve Kean is more his level of comparison.

Steve Kean played 18 in all competitions won 5 win precentage 27.77% 31 goals scored an average of 1.72 per game

Alex McLeish played 16 in all competitions won 4 win percentage 25% goals scored 18 an average of 1.13 per game

:oops: :oops: :oops:

I think he has been given a fair chance.

When he was hired the fans were willing to give him a chance, he has had a pre-season, he was given 17m to spend of his choosing, Gabby is on the form of his life, he can work with one of the best poachers in the league, no real injury crisis and most of all he can work with better players than his former club.

But instead we've seen most of the money pissed away, he is not using the system to bring out one of the best goal scorer in the league, he is relying on Gabby to do everything by himself, he uses 5 or 6 defenders with no injury crisis, he uses Heskey in midfield while sending Makoun and Gardner on loan, he still doesn't know what's the best formation in the midfield despite having a pre season, he hasn't managed to fix the defence when he said he would, 3 wins out of 14 in a generous set of opening fixtures and worst of all he is doing worse than he did at SHA despite having better tools at his disposal.

The fans have been very patient. Extremely patient in fact. But 3 months of this shit has gone on long enough. He has lost the support and now it's a question of when he'll piss off.

The fans have been very patient. Extremely patient in fact. But 3 months of this shit has gone on long enough. He has lost the support and now it's a question of when he'll piss off.

That sums eveything up in a nutshell. The worst thing is it seems to be getting worse as it goes on. Spurs, Swansea and Man Utd has to be the worst football I have EVER seen Villa play

Not quite.

Steve Kean played 14 PL games 10 pts, GD -11, pos 18th

Alex McLeish Played 14 PL games 16 pts, GD -2, pos 9th.

FFS don't start advocating Kean as our next manager! :?

Not quite.

Steve Kean played 14 PL games 10 pts, GD -11, pos 18th

Alex McLeish Played 14 PL games 16 pts, GD -2, pos 9th.

FFS don't start advocating Kean as our next manager! :?

You have just given Premier League stats, I gave all competitions including the Carling cup games.

So yeah, I am right he is worse than Steve Kean 8)

He's made one very poor choice in his career, and that was to go to work for bosses who were always going to leave him hamstrung. It took him a worryingly long time to accept this, but to his credit he finally made the wise decision.

Now working for a club with integrity, he is presently weighed down with two burdens; a fanbase starved of success, permeated by negativity, and a team soaked in the ethos of MON's skill-lite counter-play, incapable of adapting and drained of courage Just watch the injury list mount up.

McLeish can't guarantee future success but neither can I pinpoint anyone I would rather have in his place. The usual suspects are currently doing no better than us.

As an aside, it is disappointing how much faith so many here have in the tyranny of the majority.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think that the argument is seriously flawed in too many areas to list.

Â