1. 1. McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure

• Yes - He can take us forward
    • No - We need someone better
    • Unsure - Still need more time

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 people have voted yes in the above poll.

Would be interesting to hear their reasons for backing Mcleish, if anyone is brave enough?

12 People voted yes by accident the other was Makouns_grin

I'm not that bad! ;)

I voted no, but Lerner aint going to get rid.

Might pay off might not.

What i dont understand is the increasing articles about he knows the problems, we're then shit again in the next game.

All managers should be given a chance whoever and wherever they came from, its getting very tough though to continue that line of thought with Big Ek (why is he called that)

He needs to sort the midfield out, as he still not got it sorted.

He trying to play the same defenders each week for a settled defence, which i right usually but when they are all pretty shit most of the time thats not working either!

***k me. The worm has turned. You know its bad when even MG stops defending the club! :winkold:

I keep being told he is a defensive manager. If that is the case how come we never try to tackle, just back off and hold all the time, and even worse never pressure the man on the ball allowing him to pass whenever and wherever he feels like it?

Added to that the fact that he has achieved the impossible and actually formulated a team in which Darren bent cannot even get a shot or header away and I can't see how anyone can be either unsure or for him.

I am a season ticket holder btw so have seen every home game this season + Fulham away so am stating this from exactly what my eyes have seen. Other fans I have spoken to are totally disbelieving about just how bad we have become.

Go now and never darken our door again I say

Various non-villa fans on Big Eck's current Aston Villa:

McLeish's words about "one day" a Villa team will beat a Man Utd team were so incredibly small time and lacking in self- belief that there is no wonder the team were a shambles in that opening forty-five minutes

Is it just me or did Villa, roughly around this time last year, absolutely spanner united, hit the bar about four times and somehow manage to only draw. In fact they might have even lost 2-1.

Donegalavfc is right. McLeish's words were so pathetically defeatist they would only be toleralable from the manager of a newly promoted side, who were on a horrible losing streak and propping up the table. And even then it would be touch and go. You wouldn't have thought he was in charge of a team that had a 40,000 seater stadium, a long history in the top division, a top class youth system and a European Cup in the trophy cabinet.

Villa's "performance" against Spurs this season @ WHL this season was the worst I think I've ever seen a Premiership team play in recent memory.

McCleish is garbage on many well documented levels, but worse thing is he'll ruin your youth talents. Its not just Bent, but Clark, Albrighton and Bannan who should get out and go somewhere they can play actual football.

Well, as a Birmingham City fan it gives me the greatest pleasure to say we told you so. We endured some truly dreadful stuff with The Scottish Manager (whose name shall no longer be mentioned in polite company), interspersed with the all-too-rare glimpses of what the talent he had at as his disposal was capable of.

Those who only knew us only from our uncharacteristic gung-ho Carling Cup final performance would find it hard to credit what a negative, over-cautious, nervous shambles we were most of the time; a team terrified to cross the half-way line which sleepwalked its way to relegation when it had the ability to do so much better.

How pleasing to see this is now being inflicted on our neighbours.

The blue half of the city can only hope that Randy Lerner gives him time to "try to turn things round". The hole isn't deep enough yet, and more digging is required.

As a Bluenose I truly hope McLeish is allowed to work his magic at Villa for as long as possible.

Mcleish is synonymous with dour, dull football, Say what you like about Stoke, at least they try to win games in thier own iminitable way. Mcleish however contrives to serve up the most soporific stupor of banality dressed up as football. The worst manager for spectacle delivery in the Premier League by a long shot. What was Randy Lerner thinking when he hired him?

What are the odds on big ECK relegating the two birmingham teams in quick succession. What further odds on him joining West Brom and taking them down again the year after that. You couldnt make it up.

I'm a Spurs fan so I was hoping to see Villa put on a good show against United last Saturday. I fell asleep during the first half and only woke up to see Heskey in front of the D slicing the ball out for a throw in at the end of the game. What has happened to Aston Villa?

www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/dec/04/alex-mcleish-aston-villa-espn

Isn't this the manager who got SHA to their highest ever PL finish, and their highest ever finish in the league for over 50 years?

and he won them some silverware. and he got them promoted.

Isn't this the manager who got SHA to their highest ever PL finish, and their highest ever finish in the league for over 50 years?

And he got them relegated. Twice. And he had them playing some of the worst football ever seen in the league.

Yes and got them relegated twice and finished 3rd with Rangers.

He has a few highlights on his CV but even then the football was simply terrible and far too much is made of that fluke cup win in my view.

McLeish's words about "one day" a Villa team will beat a Man Utd team were so incredibly small time and lacking in self- belief that there is no wonder the team were a shambles in that opening forty-five minutes

This quote really takes the biscuit. One day? We defeated them at their ground just 2 years ago. word removed.

Â