Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

29 minutes ago, Xela said:

“The heart was made to be broken.” 
― Oscar Wilde

I.....no, WE have been patiently waiting for news of that young lady you mentioned weeks ago in another thread who's heart you stole. 

Yes, I remembered.

I'm living vicariously through you at the moment Xela, I....no, WE (again) need something enjoyable to read on here mate!

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I.....no, WE have been patiently waiting for news of that young lady you mentioned weeks ago in another thread who's heart you stole. 

Yes, I remembered.

I'm living vicariously through you at the moment Xela, I....no, WE (again) need something enjoyable to read on here mate!

Well, she likes me and I like her. Simple right? Not quite. Couple of obstacles in the way but I'm hopeful they can be overcome. Gotta give love a chance, right?

Anyhoo, who is this young lady you mentioned in the Christmas 2015 thread? Yep, I have a good memory as well :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Well, she likes me and I like her. Simple right? Not quite. Couple of obstacles in the way but I'm hopeful they can be overcome. Gotta give love a chance, right?

Anyhoo, who is this young lady you mentioned in the Christmas 2015 thread? Yep, I have a good memory as well :D

are one of those obstacles that she has a penis .

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

:D

I knew as soon as I posted that, it would come back to bite me! 

Think I may have jumped the gun a bit in mentioning her to be honest. I've got her number and we're sporadically messaging each other. We've said we'll meet up over Christmas but not sure anything will come of it. Not picking up many romantic undertones.

So these obstacles, is it a matter of timing then? It sounds like you're positive about it all but kinda bracing yourself for a fall.

i do miss that initial buzz of being in a relationship when you really like them but your not sure if its going to last and it kind of keeps you on your toes. the butterflies in your stomach when you know your seeing them later that night and the despair the morning after when you **** up because you was pissed out your head and done something stupid

• Like 2

Need some serious advice guys.

Met up with this girl today who I met online. We got on really well, so much so in fact that we'd planned to go to this market/festival thing but ended up just talking in a coffee shop the entire afternoon because we got on so well. Anyway, she had to leave because she's a teacher and has to do a lot of work for her class but was really keen on meeting up again and suggested next Saturday. I was gonna suggest we meet up anyway but she seemed really keen.

So yeah, we're meeting up again but what makes me a little bit disconcerted is that seemed quite distant physically, as in we didn't hug or anything at the end. I have very little experience of dating and relationships so could that just be a case of her wanting to take things slowly? As I said, we got on like a house on fire.

Oh and for the record even she was basically taking the piss out of Villa...

Edited by Mantis

12 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Need some serious advice guys.

Met up with this girl today who I met online. We got on really well, so much so in fact that we'd planned to go to this market/festival thing but ended up just talking in a coffee shop the entire afternoon because we got on so well. Anyway, she had to leave because she's a teacher and has to do a lot of work for her class but was really keen on meeting up again and suggested next Saturday. I was gonna suggest we meet up anyway but she seemed really keen.

So yeah, we're meeting up again but what makes me a little bit disconcerted is that seemed quite distant physically, as in we didn't hug or anything at the end. I have very little experience of dating and relationships so could that just be a case of her wanting to take things slowly? As I said, we got on like a house on fire.

Oh and for the record even she was basically taking the piss out of Villa...

It was your first date in person mate so wouldn't read too much into the lack of physical interaction. You have said that you are inexperienced with dating and she may well be the same or used to the man taking the lead. She clearly liked you as she was so keen to meet up again and if there is a physical attraction/chemistry that will come together naturally over time.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

Yep, she's probably being cautious and there's every chance that she'll have spoken to her girlfriends and asked them if a no hug goodbye was a good move.

The fact she's keen to meet up again and suggested a specific day is a very good sign I think.

Thanks. I don't naturally take things fast either so if that's the case that's fine by me - it's just the not knowing!

I just don't want to get friend-zoned that's all. I mean, we got on almost too well and she was quite open about her upbringing.

Edited by Mantis

Â