Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

Just as an example, last night kind of tipped me over the edge.

I'd made a 3 course meal for her as a surprise. (see food topic). Rather than it being a grateful 'Oh WOW Thank babe, love you *kisskisskiss*' etc... It was a 'I'd have done it this way, could have done with more food on the plate, but thanks for trying'.

Kind of a kick in the bollocks tbh.

Not gonna want to hear it but that ain't good, I'd have told her to **** off there and then.

What Ingram says.

I would of had to have said something, it would more than likely ended in a row, but i wouldnt be treated like a mug after slaving my arse off over a cooker to try and treat her.

The words "ungtrateful bitch" would have been involved at some point.

Guess I'll see how the next few weeks go. Try and make some changes for the better but if I'm getting no response so to speak then you're probably right. Just love her to bits, actually welling up just thinking about ending it with her.

Dante, mate, you cant make someone fall in love with you, it just happens.

If she is not 100% all in after 6 months then you have to ask, does she want this as much as you do? If the answer to this question is 'no' or 'not sure'...then sorry dude but its never going to work.

Both people have to want it to work, if they dont, then there is no point continuing half arsed.

She says she does love me to bits. She says she wants this to work. She just needs some time to herself every now and again without me clinging to her, which is understandable.

She got me a heart shaped ornament saying 'You are my happy ending' the other day. >_>

Guess I'll see how the next few weeks go. Try and make some changes for the better but if I'm getting no response so to speak then you're probably right. Just love her to bits, actually welling up just thinking about ending it with her.

If she is not 100% all in after 6 months then you have to ask, does she want this as much as you do? If the answer to this question is 'no' or 'not sure'...then sorry dude but its never going to work.

Both people have to want it to work, if they dont, then there is no point continuing half arsed.

Wiggy is right. Also the right person will not need you to make changes. She will love you for you!

Shit I have gone ghey again, haven't I???

Anyway, be yourself. She will either accept it or won't or you will get to the point when you are not getting what you want out of the relationship.

Either way. Look out for yourself!!!

She says she does love me to bits. She says she wants this to work. She just needs some time to herself every now and again without me clinging to her, which is understandable.

How ofter do you see her in a week, pal?

In other news my wife got dumped by text by her Girlfriend last night.

Is :crylaugh::clap::lol::clap::crylaugh:

The appropriate comment here? This may not actually be as funny as I found it.

She got me a heart shaped ornament saying 'You are my happy ending' the other day. >_>

So what happens when you eventually live together? Is she going to have 1 weekend off a month to have some "me time"? Or maybe she could have every Tuesday night?

I live with my missus (obviously) and i look forward to seeing her everyday, she still does her thing with her mates and i do mine, but never once has the thought crossed my mind to have a break away from each other. I love being around her (and visa versa) and thats why im marrying her.

Loving someone and being in love with someone are massively different things mate.

We always spend the night together, either at mine or hers, unless she's at her day job (24 hour shift). A lot of the time we have a lot on during the evenings so don't get much quality time together like we used to (gym, visiting family, bowling, working at home, pottering about, general stuff) and I don't see her in the morning as I'm up and out for work at 7:30.

I'm just the kind of person who needs attention and affection. Can't help it.

Yup. It was brutal!!!

I tried to keep a straight face when I said " well who would have thought 12 months ago that we would have both been ditched this year? Yet I am the one in the stable relationship!"

We both laughed, cracked open a couple of tinnies while she slagged off her ex. Good fun

Yup. It was brutal!!!

I tried to keep a straight face when I said " well who would have thought 12 months ago that we would have both been ditched this year? Yet I am the one in the stable relationship!"

We both laughed, cracked open a couple of tinnies while she slagged off her ex. Good fun

Did you nail it for old times sake?

Is it classed as cheating if a bloke shags a lesbian behind his missus's back?

We always spend the night together, either at mine or hers, unless she's at her day job (24 hour shift). A lot of the time we have a lot on during the evenings so don't get much quality time together like we used to (gym, visiting family, bowling, working at home, pottering about, general stuff) and I don't see her in the morning as I'm up and out for work at 7:30.

I'm just the kind of person who needs attention and affection. Can't help it.

Dante if I was analysing that I would say you are not spending enough time together. Not talking? Going for walks? Date nights? etc

We all need affection and attention

(shit, I have gone ghey again!!!!!)

Yup. It was brutal!!!

This is why I love VT. Where else would I get these deep philosphical questions answered?

Yup. It was brutal!!!

Haha nope. She was crap anyway.

I don't have any feelings for her in that way now. The one thing it has done is turned me off lesbians in a sexual way.

I love my nymph-like girlfriend too much!

Yup. It was brutal!!!

This is why I love VT. Where else would I get these deep philosphical questions answered?

Man needs to know this shit!?

Â