Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

I can understand she's miffed that you did that, but I'd do the same as you anyway regardless.

If she says she'll be back at 7:30 and isn't home by midnight then I'd be worrying as you were.

Out of order for worrying about her safety??? Stupid bint!

That is what I thought. I understand that it was an invasion of privacy and I wouldn't usually do it, but I feel it was warrented. If texting her mate would have told me where they were staying I could have rung the local hospitals.

Also I was a bit worried that if she had been murdered or anything awful, they alwaysa look at the Ex!

I can understand she's miffed that you did that, but I'd do the same as you anyway regardless.

If she says she'll be back at 7:30 and isn't home by midnight then I'd be worrying as you were.

Yup that was the problem.

At least now I now she is a lesbian!

Personally, I think that was a good effort. I'd have left it with her mum and gone back to sleep.

Not out of line at all in my opinion, you showed a real level of concern. To throw that back in your face is harsh at best, ungrateful in reality.

Personally, I think that was a good effort. I'd have left it with her mum and gone back to sleep.

Not out of line at all in my opinion, you showed a real level of concern. To throw that back in your face is harsh at best, ungrateful in reality.

To be fair I think she was pleased with the concern. I am livid that she didn't text back telling me she had decided to stay over after all!

She was just pissed that I had looked up her records which led to me texting her girlfriend and potentially messing things up.

But if she had been honest and told this girl she was married, there would not have been a problem.

Like Dante said, I can see why she's annoyed but I think you did the right thing. I would have done the same.

But I can't believe you're more focused on that rather than finding out your ex is lesbian!? Nothing wrong with it all of course, but by your reaction (on here at least) you seem fairly relaxed about it. I'd be in complete shock and would have forgotten all about her being annoyed at me about something.

Like Dante said, I can see why she's annoyed but I think you did the right thing. I would have done the same.

But I can't believe you're more focused on that rather than finding out your ex is lesbian!? Nothing wrong with it all of course, but by your reaction (on here at least) you seem fairly relaxed about it. I'd be in complete shock and would have forgotten all about her being annoyed at me about something.

It wasn't a shock. I had expected it for some time. The way she dressed, a lot of texting female friends, the fact she had gone off penetrative sex while we were still together.

Also, if that is who she is, I wish her happiness. I am happier with the girl I am seeing now.

But as a friend I still care and I was worried for her last night!

It wasn't a shock. I had expected it for some time. The way she dressed, a lot of texting female friends, the fact she had gone off penetrative sex while we were still together.

Also, if that is who she is, I wish her happiness. I am happier with the girl I am seeing now.

You did the right thing, dont worry about it for now mate, let the situation pass over for a bit and hopefully she will realise she was being harsh and will apologise.

I can understand why she was annoyed. but your intentions were good so I'd like to thinkshe'd get over it.

Women are idiots though.

I had my soon-to-be lodger round on Saturday. We were discussing going for a beer on Sunday after we'd played our sunday league game, but he said he wasn't sure he could because his ex was coming round to his to decide what they were doing with their furniture etc (it's still amicable between them)

Anyway, she text Saturday evening, whilst he was still at mine, saying she didn't think she was able to come round on the Sunday anymore as she was going to meet some friends.

He replied simply saying "That's ok, think I'm going for a beer with the boys after football anyway"

She then replied with a huge rant about how inconsiderate he was for not making time for her to come round and sort out everything that needed to be sorted out blah blah blah. She was furious

But it was HER who text in the first place to say SHE couldn't make it.

I say it again, Women are idiots.

You did the right thing, dont worry about it for now mate, let the situation pass over for a bit and hopefully she will realise she was being harsh and will apologise.

I am determined not to apologise for caring! I would have felt worse if she was lying in a ditch and I had done nothing!

I can see why she is pissed off to be honest. You showed genuine concern which is fair enough but she has a reason to be annoyed about the invasion of her privacy. Leave it with her mum next time.

Her mum asked me to do it cos she was so worried. She didn't know the password nor is she computer literate. Should I have just said no?

She said she would 11 1/2 hours earlier than she actually arrived. As I said if she hadn't of text me saying she was leaving then I wouldn't have been concerned.

I wouldnt worry about it, that kind of attitude would be met with a "Well sod ya then" response if it was me.

Just out of interest, does your current other half have any opinions on the matter? Dangerous ground showing that you still care about your ex, obviously you do, but definitely needs to be handled with care.

I wouldnt worry about it, that kind of attitude would be met with a "Well sod ya then" response if it was me.

Just out of interest, does your current other half have any opinions on the matter? Dangerous ground showing that you still care about your ex, obviously you do, but definitely needs to be handled with care.

Yeah. I told her. She said I did the right thing. She couldn't believe how inconsiderate the ex was.

I do still care about the ex but only as a friend. I honestly have no desire to get back together. My girlfriend knows this and knows I am a happier person with her than I was with the ex.

My break up was on very good terms and as we still live together I feel a duty to her family (as they live a long way away) to make sure she is ok. I would have done the same for any other female friend.

Â