Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

I need somewhere to take a date on Saturday in Solihull or Birmingham.

Normally I'd take a girl out in the week. It's quieter and I hate taking a girl to a busy place.

Any ideas folks?

Metro Bar & Grill in Solihull. Food is fantastic. 

I'm taking the lady friend to Longfellow's in Catherine de Barnes tonight which I've had recommended so will report back later.

I need somewhere to take a date on Saturday in Solihull or Birmingham.

Normally I'd take a girl out in the week. It's quieter and I hate taking a girl to a busy place.

Any ideas folks?

Metro Bar & Grill in Solihull. Food is fantastic. 

I'm taking the lady friend to Longfellow's in Catherine de Barnes tonight which I've had recommended so will report back later.

I'd actually earmarked the new Lazy Cow across the road from Metro Bar.

Bit pricey though, so maybe Metro is the better choice after all :)

The Boot is nice, been there a few times. In fact that whole chain of restaurants/bars are really nice.

But this is a first date and I'd rather go somewhere I can meet her (and not drive), as opposed to pick her up, which I always find awkward with a girl I've never taken out before.

I'm torn between TLC and Metro. Suppose I should just man up and splash out for TLC.

I don't think I'll ever have the inclination to meet up with a stranger and go eat in a restaurant.

It's a good job you're not Stevo985's date then or he'd get stood up.

I've met her before, I just haven't taken her on a date.

I was considering going down the "something completely different" road and taking her, I dunno, paintballing or some shit (although obviously not paintballing).

But that's risky

I don't think I'll ever have the inclination to meet up with a stranger and go eat in a restaurant.

This reminds me of a joke doing the internet at the moment. It goes something like: 

''A man from New Mexico was arrested for  buying a woman food so that she would have sex with him, the man has been charged with ''dating''. 

Edited by Voinjama

I've met her before, I just haven't taken her on a date.

I was considering going down the "something completely different" road and taking her, I dunno, paintballing or some shit (although obviously not paintballing).

But that's risky

I tried bowling once.

Dropped the ball, in every possible sense.

I stayed at the Lazy Cow in Warwick a couple of weeks ago. If the new one is anything like that one...

The food is really nice in a steakhouse kinda way and the slightly cheesy if also strangely classy décor makes the easiest talking point in the world. Stuff like a bunch of vintage milk bottles hung from the roof with filaments in as lightbulbs. Not cheap but it really is quite nice in a simplistic rustic kinda way.

Edited by Chindie

Spunking in her eye. Questions?

Yes, I do have a question.........I can't see what you've just posted in the EWR thread can you describe it to me, please?

A gif of one of The Rock's chairshots on Mankind from Royal Rumble 1999

• Like 1

Â