Could Noah's Ark hold all the animals?

steaknchips

Some of the posts on here are appalling. If they were aimed at a black person and deemed racist VT would ban the poster!

I can only assume you are talking about my "satirical" post. Close to the knuckle it was, anything that contains the "N" word always sails the line. However, you know full well it was aimed at your "I can't hate gays, I had dinner with a couple of them only last week" defence.

It's a question you've still not really answered. Should homosexuals repent for their homosexuality before the lord, IN YOUR OPINION. Not that of the bible, your very own opinion. Please. Thanks.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My post read like this. As I said... I put the quotes in the wrong place.

We are taught to show loving kindness to alll men and not to be biggotted to anyone

To show maybe, but on the inside you think they're sinners that are going against god.

The Bible says "WE ALL SIN!!"... me included..

(Psalm 130:3) 3 If errors were what you watch, O Jah, .... who could stand?

It should have read-

We are taught to show loving kindness to alll men and not to be biggotted to anyone

To show maybe, but on the inside you think they're sinners that are going against god.

The Bible says "WE ALL SIN!!"... me included..

(Psalm 130:3) 3 If errors were what you watch, O Jah, .... who could stand?

I did not say anything about what I felt inside... those were The Don's words.. I was requoting them...

then I said WE ALL SIN..... and quoted from Psalm 130:3

Some of the posts on here are appalling. If they were aimed at a black person and deemed racist VT would ban the poster!

I can only assume you are talking about my "satirical" post. Close to the knuckle it was, anything that contains the "N" word always sails the line. However, you know full well it was aimed at your "I can't hate gays, I had dinner with a couple of them only last week" defence.

It's a question you've still not really answered. Should homosexuals repent for their homosexuality before the lord, IN YOUR OPINION. Not that of the bible, your very own opinion. Please. Thanks.

No I wasn't talking about your post at all!

As far as I'm concerned....Murderers, Theives ... should be called to account by the law......drug addicts, heavy drinkers, people who sleep with other spouses wives or husbands, people who sleep around before marriage, people who sleep with people of the same sex. etc etc.. can do what they like! It is the world we live in.

My daughter who is not a JW got pregnant after having a fling with a much older lad? She is a single mother... that is not what a Christian should do.. and she attends a Pentecostal Church... did I tell her she should repent before the Lord... NO! It's her life and now she is a single mother and has to live with the consequences.

However if you want to be a Christian then you have to change and meet those standards.. If you don't want to adhere to the Bible based standards then fine that is YOUR choice... it's called free will.

That is my honest opinion on matters!

My Dad who was a committed Agnostic he was kind man but he.. was a bit racist and also homophobic as many of his generation were... he'd been in the navy and he hated homosexuality..

I however did not accept his Agnosticism, nor am I racist nor am I homophobic!

My Dad who was a committed Agnostic he was kind man but he.. was a bit racist and also homophobic as many of his generation were... he'd been in the navy and he hated homosexuality..

An oxymoron if I ever saw one ! :winkold:

Thank you steakandchips.

Julie?

I've just answered your question in my last post on previous page!

I think I've said enough on this topic and anything else that's cropped up. You have a new person to debate with now.

Off topic: How drunk does a 'straight' person have to be to suck another bloke's cock? I'm all for the 'comfortable enough with my sexuality to try other things' line but surely you've got to be a bit gay to want to introduce gums to plums?

Should homosexuals repent before the lord BECAUSE OF THEIR SEXUALITY?

In your opinion. Thanks.

Yes.

Considering how many are in the clergy, God seems pretty ok with them these days.

Yeah but you could say the same about pedophiles too

OK so, it goes something like this :

1. You're born

2. 'Original sin' TM is installed in you

3. You live and you sin, because all people sin

4. You die and get judged

5. Sometimes your sins are fogiven and you enter heaven, else you go to hell

Q : Which sins get forgiven and which do not? For example, someone kills a person ( or steals something or whatever ), does 20 years in jail, converts to hardcore christian and prays for forgiveness every day and lives according to all bible moral codes. Is he forgiven? And if yes, then how is he better than a person who's only bad deed is having sex before marriage or working on a saturday? Or does this sin get forgiven also?

All sins will be forgiven so long as you repent, pray and have faith in Jesus Christ.

You also have to try and fight off temptation to sin..

In answer to the question regarding the murderer, yes he will be forgiven and saved.

My personal belief, (thought), is that everyone will get saved in the end.

So really, what's the point in following the Bilble now, wouldn't it just be better to have some FUN!!! You'll be saved anyway!

Living the way of the bible can give you more than fun..To live a life helping others makes you feel worthwhile. It gives you a great sense of purpose in the world.

Missionary work in Africa, or charity work where you help and bring a smile to someone's face, can give you far more to your inner self than any drugs, sex, etc can.

Having stayed out of posting in this thread (mostly for the fact that it's almost impossible to have a reasoned debate) I'm somewhat surprised that this particular quote is the one that makes me break my vow of silence.

SnC, if you believe in the bible (which I don't believe is in doubt from the previous 100 pages), I'm amazed at how you can hold this view. As you are a fan of quoting the bible, I thought I'd give you John 14:6:

"Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

I'd have thought it pretty clear, if you want to get God, you have to believe in his son. I don't see how you could believe in the bible and believe other than this.

Having stayed out of posting in this thread (mostly for the fact that it's almost impossible to have a reasoned debate) I'm somewhat surprised that this particular quote is the one that makes me break my vow of silence.

SnC, if you believe in the bible (which I don't believe is in doubt from the previous 100 pages), I'm amazed at how you can hold this view. As you are a fan of quoting the bible, I thought I'd give you John 14:6:

"Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

I'd have thought it pretty clear, if you want to get God, you have to believe in his son. I don't see how you could believe in the bible and believe other than this.

I'm pretty sure after following this thread God's not going to bother arguing with a JW...