Could Noah's Ark hold all the animals?

steaknchips

You might have said them being gay wasn't a problem but I see you stopped short of telling them you considered them immoral, that you wouldn't invite them into your home because of their sexuality and that you think they are destined for eternity in hell unless they become "ex gay".

I'll bite on this point only...

The Bible or Jehovah's Witnesses DO NOT TEACH that ANYONE is destined for eternity in hell as I've stated before!! There's NO such place. When you die you die..."conscious of nothing"

I am not aware that I have dodged questions or avoided a subject, however if you feel I have then so be it.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you trust what Jehovahs Witness tell you to believe when they've made so many failed predictions in the past?

And, I'll ask again, why do you disapprove of homosexuals when Jesus is cool with them in the bible as I've clearly shown

How can you trust what Jehovahs Witness tell you to believe when they've made so many failed predictions in the past?

And, I'll ask again, why do you disapprove of homosexuals when Jesus is cool with them in the bible as I've clearly shown

No I'm sorry.. I've had enough of the "mud-slinging"... in another posters words.

If you want me to answer anything then I will only respond to questions by PM.

I'll bite on this point only...

Bite? Oh for **** sake I'm not wishing here but I'm not at all surprised you weren't true to your word that it was your last post on the topic.

The Bible or Jehovah's Witnesses DO NOT TEACH that ANYONE is destined for eternity in hell as I've stated before!! There's NO such place. When you die you die..."conscious of nothing"

I've absolutely no desire to understand such a bigoted religion any more than I do already.

I am not aware that I have dodged questions or avoided a subject, however if you feel I have then so be it.

I do.

No I'm sorry.. I've had enough of the "mud-slinging"... in another posters words.

This coming from you after some of the statements you have made in this thread is laughable it really is.

You have morally condemned large sections of the population and no doubt in turn members of this site, that you haven't done so by name matters not.

As I said previously you are in no place to start trying to take the moral high ground.

You have morally condemned large sections of the population and no doubt in turn members of this site, that you haven't done so by name matters not.

I am not debating this on VT in public anymore. If you would like to show me in a PM where I have condemned morally anyone then please do so?

A few minutes ago you were stating that I had condemned people to burn in eternity in hell. That was nonsense.

Julie,

Read your own words.

You said you wouldn't invite gays into your home, said they aren't morally upstanding enough to be members of your 'church' (cult) and then compared them to drug addicts.

You might be polite to gays when you happen upon them as you go through life, but you really don't approve of their choices in the bedroom. That comes over loud and clear.

That is bigotry. Although at least it appears you can keep a lid on yours in public.

But, is it bigotry if she keeps her opinions to herself and is tolerant and polite to gays? We all have the right to choose our friends, but it sounds like Julie means no harm to these people in fairness to her. Quite the opposite.

But, is it bigotry if she keeps her opinions to herself and is tolerant and polite to gays? We all have the right to choose our friends, but it sounds like Julie means no harm to these people in fairness to her. Quite the opposite.

You don't have to mean harm to people to be bigoted against them. Bigotry is just an irrational prejudice.

I would say Julie is bigoted because she makes judgements about a large swathe of the population based purely on their sexuality and nothing else.

She wouldn't have gays in her house. Alf Garnett wouldn't have black people in his house.

My point is that Julie was asked about what she'd do in such a scenario, she wasnt necesserily forthcoming with her opinion on gays. She has the opinion, and would probably have otherwise been happy to keep it to herself. I daresay in day to day life she is more than capable of keeping such an opinion to herself and has probably (I speculate) never had any confrontational issues with gays.

I agree with the principal, but if Julie is able to be outwardly ambivalent towards gays in the public arena, then whatever thoughts she rattles around her head in the sanctitude of her own mind are probably up to her. As long as she never causes any harm or distress to others, then her prejudices are her own loss frankly, but that's up to her.

Trent - that's fair enough then.

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs. The predominant usage in modern English refers to persons hostile to those of differing sex, race, ethnicity, religion or spirituality, nationality, language, inter-regional prejudice, gender and sexual orientation, age, homelessness, various medical disorders particularly behavioral disorders and addictive disorders.

That was pretty much my understanding of bigotry anyway - you can disagree with someone or something,.. but to be classed as a bigot means you are "openly hostile" and aggressive towards that person because of a particular reason.

Guys I really don't want to discuss this topic anymore but as I seem to be THE TOPIC being discussed now on this thread then pardon me for intercediing

I would say Julie is bigoted because she makes judgements about a large swathe of the population based purely on their sexuality and nothing else.

She wouldn't have gays in her house. Alf Garnett wouldn't have black people in his house.

But I do have gays in my house! My ex sister in law is bi-sexual.. When I lived in Keswick she was always there and although she's no longer my sister in law because she's remarried she's still a friend.

I do not behave like Alf Garnett.. My first grandson is mixed race. I love him to bits!

If one of my sons or daughters was Gay are you telling me I wouldn't love them just the same?

Indeed I have friends who are JWs and friends who are not JWs who have Gay and lesbian sons and daughters!

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

- Richard Dawkins

Not only is this God fictional but I can't for the life of me understand why any sane person would want it to be true ?

How can being a metaphysical slave make you happy ?

But I do have gays in my house! My ex sister in law is bi-sexual.. When I lived in Keswick she was always there and although she's no longer my sister in law because she's remarried she's still a friend.

I do not behave like Alf Garnett. My first grandson is mixed race. I love him to bits!

If one of my sons or daughters was Gay are you telling me I wouldn't love them just the same?

Indeed I have friends who are JWs and friends who are not JWs who have Gay and lesbian sons and daughters!

I dunno what your lovely mixed race grandson has to do with anything. I'm sure you do love him, but that's irrelevant. We're not talking about racism in your case, we're talking about religiously indoctrinated homophobia.

Didn't you say you wouldn't invite a gay couple to your house for dinner previously in the thread?

If not, I apologise.

If so, that's narrow mindedness on a par with old Alf Garnett.

(Edit: I just re-read the thead and you did indeed say you wouldn't invite them for dinner. I guess you must have had little or no choice about the bi-sexual sister in law, but when you do have the choice you wouldn't have them in the house. Is that about right?)

Why do think he made strict with laws and regulations in Leviticus?

Some edited highlights of Leviticus

"For everyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother. His blood shall be upon him." (Leviticus 20:9)

How on earth to kids get beyond adolescence these days?

"If a man lies with a woman during her sickness and uncovers her nakedness, he has discovered her flow, and she has uncovered the flow of her blood. Both of them shall be cut off from her people." (Leviticus 20:18)

Does this require penis checks to ensure no blood and who get's that job?

"Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property." (Leviticus 25:44-45)

MMMkay, Slavery is good

"Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard." (Leviticus 19:27)

Hope you're all beardy!

"...do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. Do not wear material woven of two kinds of material." (Leviticus 19:19)

Hope your checking your vegetables, that they haven't been grown in a multicrop field, hope you also check the vineyard of your wine supplier doesn't have roses growing at the end of the vine (lot's do!) and as for clothes with mixed fibres, definite no-no!

Hope you obey those nice strict laws from Leviticus SnC, they couldn't possibly be wrong or outdated now could they?