Could Noah's Ark hold all the animals?

steaknchips

Any and all supernatural associations have been thoroughly debunked. Your capacity to believe any old shit your religion tells you is staggering.

Like I said....

If you do not beleive in anything supernatural or spiritual then fine that is your choice. A physical man cannot understand spiritual things because as the Scripture says.... they are foolishness to him.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More WIN from Leviticus. It's official. God hates disabled people.

Leviticus Chapter 21:16-20 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, "Speak unto Aaron, saying, Whosoever he be of thy seed in their generations that hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God. For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous, Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded, Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken."

Leviticus Chapter 21:16-20 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, "Speak unto Aaron, saying, Whosoever he be of thy seed in their generations that hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God. For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous, Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded, Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken."

Where are you getting these quotes from taken completely out of context?

God doesn't hate disabled people at all. Next you'll be saying I'm a bigot against disabled people because I beleive in the Bible.

How many disabled people did Jesus cure while he was on the Earth?

That law was illustrating that the priests who offered sacrifices to God on behalf of the Israelites at the altar.... had to be perfect with no defect... it was pointing to Jesus Christ as the greater high priest being a perfect man. Jesus as the Greater High Priest had to be perfect because he showed that a perfect man could remain faithful to God event unto death unlike Adam. That proved Satan a liar.

ALL of the animal sacrifices pointed to Jesus as the one who fulfilled the law and sacrificed himself... as the Bible calls "the perfect lamb of God"

Instead of copying and pasting why don't you read the scriptures surrounding these random verses?

Anyhow I'm off to bed ....leave it to SteakandChips.

That's pretty well where I'm at as well (minus the blowjobs!). I just try to be as nice to the people around me as I can, and treat them as I'd like to be treated. I realise that isn't going to enough for that c*** god, but bollocks, I wouldn't want to spend eternity with sanctimonious brain washed bigots like Mother Theresa and Julie anyway.

I missed that pearl of wisdom from Risso.

Definition of a Bigot from Wiki:

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

I think most on VT could be classed as stubborn in their own opinions including me...mine are based on a faith in God...others the opposite spectrum... Although I would hope I am not prejudiced against anyone .....however I cannot recall one single instance where I have been intolerant or showed animosity towards another poster(s) because of their differing beleifs. Nor do I behave like that offline!

I think in particular Risso you very often show nothing BUT animosity towards those of differing beliefs.. particularly me because I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Yet I am supposedly the bigot in here!!!

(and yes I'm definitely off to bed now)

I wonder how many have dabbled with Ouija boards on VT?

and when strange things happen or when someone else tells them weird things happen with the board do they dismiss them as retarded?

If you do not beleive in anything supernatural or spiritual then fine that is your choice. A physical man cannot understand spiritual things because as the Scripture says.... they are follishness to him.

(1 Corinthians 2:14-15) . . .But a physical man does not receive the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know [them], because they are examined spiritually. 15 However, the spiritual man examines indeed all things, . . .

I've dabbled lots as a kid. **** all happened. You do realise Ouija boards are a parlour game invented specifically for fun right? Hasbro own the damn trademark on them for **** sake.

It was your religion that saw them, didn't like them and so made up a load of shit about them being a demonic seance instrument to summon the dead. Religion tends to do that with things it doesn't approve of.

Any and all supernatural associations have been thoroughly debunked. Your capacity to believe any old shit your religion tells you is staggering.

Thats rubbish Ouija boards are magic I tell you!!!

Also when little girls play 'light as a feather, stiff as a board it is also magic.

Where are you getting these quotes from taken completely out of context?

Wait, what? Are you saying my interpretation of the bible is wrong? :shock:

Like I said....

If you do not beleive in anything supernatural or spiritual then fine that is your choice. A physical man cannot understand spiritual things because as the Scripture says.... they are foolishness to him.

You didn't say that at all. Your Bible did, you're just regurgitating it without question as a good Christian should. It's the intellectual equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears.

Do you believe in fairies and gnomes living at the bottom of your garden? The very bible quote you just regurgitated tells me you do. If you don't well I'm afraid you just don't understand the supernatural...

Well Well it was pointed out to me earlier that I had made lots of posts that had nothing to do with the Title of this thread.

And yet lots and lots of VT Atheists try and turn this into a faith/Bible V No God discussion yet again......

Yes it was Julie.

At the time you were trying to "lighten the mood" apparently despite it being pretty light at the time which led me to suspect you wanted to move away from the grilling of Steaknchips on homosexuality because you didn't like the topic. Having read the subsequent pages since then and having seen some of the things you have posted I can see why.

You weren't attempting to get the thread back on topic either by the way, I'd just like to point that out. You were trying to move it on to some supposed discovery of the Ark of the Covenant.

I rightly pointed out to you that previously in the thread you were all too happy to post way off topic because it suited you. I myself tried to get the topic back on track and lighten the mood but you ignored it and carried on as before.

So don't now come with this bollocks because the topic strays into an area that is problematic for you. This notion that the VT Atheists turned this into faith v no faith debate again is frankly daft given the opening post and the thread title itself.

The very bloody question that starts the thread is a question which raises that very debate because you are either on the side of faith if you believe Noah did creat the ark or you are on the side of science and logic that says a 500 year old man couldn't have built a giant boat fillled with 2 of each of the animals.

The entire thread is about faith v non faith with a bit of bigotry thrown in for good measure along the way.

Definition of a Bigot from Wiki:

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

Not quite the full definition that though is it Julie...... odd the point at which you opted to stop quoting it... its almost like it is selective quoting...

The full definition reads

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs. The predominant usage in modern English refers to persons hostile to those of differing sex, race, ethnicity, religion or spirituality, nationality, language, inter-regional prejudice, gender and sexual orientation, age, homelessness, various medical disorders particularly behavioral disorders and addictive disorders.

Now you might have a bi sexual sister in law or a gay milkman and you might have once been the guest at which there were two gay men. So what?

Having a bi sexual sister in law (or whatever the connection) was a situation forced upon you, you were invited to the dinner you were not the host. I suspect you wouldn't have a bi sexual friend by choice, I suspect you wouldn't invite a gay couple to dinner. Would you? Be honest, don't try and twist it, don't answer with a question just for once give a straight and honest yes or no answer.

Would you have a bi sexual friend by choice and would you invite a same sex couple for dinner?

So far in this thread I've seen you claim that ex gays are okay to be part of your church but gays aren't because they are immoral. I've seen you admit that how you conduct yourself outwardly is different to your inner beliefs.

Just because you are able/willing to hide you true thoughts and beliefs while in the presence of homosexual people doesn't mean you aren't bigoted.

You will probably throw it back at me that I'm bigoted, well in terms of religion and spirituality you would probably right I probably am bigoted. I'm happy to admit it are you happy to do the same? No thought not.

I don't mind being bigoted against bigots.

"As a writer, I make my own rules up okay. If I wanna start a sentence with a full-stop I will. If I want to highlight social prejudice, I will, but I'll do it my way. And sometimes you actually have to be a bigot, in order to bring down bigger bigots."

marenghi.jpg

God doesn't hate disabled people at all. Next you'll be saying I'm a bigot against disabled people because I beleive in the Bible.

Hey, at least you're not Glenn Hoddle. :thumb:

He clearly does hate disabled people, why else in his infinite wisdom would he design and create people who will spend their lives with significant physical and/or mental impairments? To test them? For fun?

And if these people get into the afterlife, will they spend eternity with their disabilities or will God stop being a shit and allow them an unimpaired existence?

Also, on the topic of the afterlife, how old will I be for eternity? Will I have to spend eternity as a six year old? Or will I be 24 as I currently am? Or will I have to spend eternity as the age I was at death? If I have to spend eternity as an 89 year old with incontinence and dementia I'm going to be seriously pissed!

Hey, at least you're not Glenn Hoddle. :thumb:

He clearly does hate disabled people, why else in his infinite wisdom would he design and create people who will spend their lives with significant physical and/or mental impairments? To test them? For fun?

And if these people get into the afterlife, will they spend eternity with their disabilities or will God stop being a shit and allow them an unimpaired existence?

Also, on the topic of the afterlife, how old will I be for eternity? Will I have to spend eternity as a six year old? Or will I be 24 as I currently am? Or will I have to spend eternity as the age I was at death? If I have to spend eternity as an 89 year old with incontinence and dementia I'm going to be seriously pissed!

Worse than that, you get to spend eternity with Julie, Steaknchips, various Popes and George Bush. Any members of your family who aren't Christians won't be allowed in of course.

Meanwhile I'll either just be having the equivalent of a long old sleep, or having a whale of time in hell with my friends and family who don't believe in Jaysus.