Could Noah's Ark hold all the animals?

steaknchips

Jesus was wrote in retrospect. There is no first hand evidence. No contemporaries wrote about him during the time he existed, and there is no record of Pilate ever executing him, at least no first hand record.

If this was any other historical figure, there would be reasonable doubt, but because there is a queston of faith, people just accept it as fact.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you that are quick to write off the existence of the Nephilim, I ask you... How the **** do you explain this?

tf3moon.jpg

Many years ago, whilst Unicron lay dormant in the void after he suceeded in devouring the universe, the minute surviving fragments of the universe gathered and rebuilt themselves around Unicron. Upon Unicron's awakening, he simply set about devouring the newly formed universe all over again. In defence, the sentient core of the universe created the guardian Primus, a celestial being capable of battling Unicron.

However, Primus was unable to destroy Unicron and instead was forced to trap both himself and Unicron inside two metallic asteroids. In order to escape, Unicron began to psionically merge with the asteroid to adopt the form of the gargantuan, world-eating robot. Primus opted for a different strategy, and created a race of robotic guardians to defend the universe against Unicron; he altered his asteroid form into the planet that would come to be called Cyberton, and gave birth to the Transformers (upon whom he gifted his genetic Matrix, ergo the ability to Transform).

TF_DonfigUnicronPrimus.jpg

Jesus was wrote in retrospect. There is no first hand evidence. No contemporaries wrote about him during the time he existed, and there is no record of Pilate ever executing him, at least no first hand record.

If this was any other historical figure, there would be reasonable doubt, but because there is a queston of faith, people just accept it as fact.

Bible sez so!

Letting people die instead of having a blood transfusion, now that's truly wicked. I wonder how many innocent lives have been wasted as a result of that lunacy.

We had a whole thread about this topic...from YOUR original question.

Some Doctors and Nurses are Jehovah's Witnesses themselves and you fail to mention that Hospital Liason committees work tirelessly all over the world with Doctors to try and ensure this happens as few times as possible with the use of alternative medicine.

Jehovah's Witnesses don't reject medical treatment, they just request non blood medical management.

Special hospitals have been set up all over the world to administer bloodless surgery and many people who aren't Jehovah's Witnesses ask doctors not to use blood because of the health risks.

Bloodless Medicine has been so successful that the US Army is now requiring all of it's field doctors to be trained in Bloodless medicine for use in the field.

Strict Jews will not accept blood transfusions also.

That's all well and good, and no doubt you're readying lots of links to the US military's pioneering work in bloodless surgery, but ignoring that, if a child was rushed into hospital in an emergency and the only way to save their life was to give them several pints of blood immediately, a JW wouldn't agree to it and that child would die.

In certain situations doctors can supercede the wishes of the parent and act in the childs best interest, which in this situation would involve giving the child a transfusion and not pointlessly allowing it to die like a brainwashed, illogical, irrational, hateful cretin.

I could write on her that I have just soiled myself. Nobody would ever know, other than the other VTer in the office. For this reason alone, will not scripture as evidence of anything.

I raise you one talking snake.

I'd say the world's a fantastic place compared to the shit that went down in the bible.

Having visited New Zealand twice it is a very beautiful place with comparitively few people.

That's strange, after billions and billions of years of evolution, I would have thought the place would be jam packed.

I'm just wondering how steaknchips and JulieB are posting on this thread.

They seem to be all about taking the bible literally, that it is the word of God, yet appear to have rejected Matthew 21:19

Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Or Luke 12:33

Sell what you have, and give alms; provide yourselves purses which grow not old, a treasure in the heavens that fails not, where no thief approaches, neither moth corrupts.

More from good old Luke, confirming what Matthew said so we can be sure he didn't mishear, 18:22

When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Pretty sure a PC counts as a possession. Christians shouldn't own anything, it's in the bible!

No doubt there will be the reply of "I do give to charity", but the bible is pretty clear that you should sell EVERYTHING you own and give it to the poor, as long as you can post on this thread, you're not following what the bible says.

Anybody who can twist "don't eat blood" to include blood transfusions isn't going to have a problem squirming their way out of that Don!

Speaking of eating, it amazes me the amount of Christians who are vegetarian as well, one of my exes best friends was a veggie Christian, I had great fun quoting the bible to her.

She was insistent that the bible taught to be veggie (which up until the "great flood" you can say it does) but after that it's very clear that you should eat meat, for instance Romans 14:2:

For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

For what its worth I agree with Don entirely..

So I'm assuming this will be your last night of posting in this thread and you'll be off to cash converters first thing in the morning?

Good day to do it on, there will be plenty of poppy collections out there so you won't have to go far to make a donation.