Who is the best front man?

PauloBarnesi

The title of the thread is "Best front man" (or, presumably, woman), NOT "Best singer", otherwise you'd be looking at Buckley (pere et fils), etc.

Agreed, its about stage presence, aura, the whole performance. Gallagher had it all imo.

WHAT!?!? :shock:

No stage presence you say...

Nope, I'm sorry but looking like your busting for the toilet (and occasionally lifting your hand as if to ask for permission to go to the toilet) doesn't cut it for me. :P

That's not a slight on him musically at all (like I say I love the band) but of the 4 times I've seen 'em live, Tom's been alright and that's about it. There's certainly nothing there to propel him to the stratospheric heights of "best" front man ever.

In terms of performances I've had the pleasure to witness, Tom Hudson of Pulled Apart By Horses, Tom Woodhead of ¡Forward, Russia! and Stuart Ogilvie of The Longcut are probably my favourites. I'd love to see Les Savy Fav at some point though, as by all acounts Tim Harrington is a **** nutcase on stage.

Ok then...How about Nikki Sixx?

Never listened to anything he's done, so I'm not qualified to comment.

Nikki Sixx ?

Are bass players considered front men now ?

I have to agree with whoever knocked back the Liam Gallagher idea. As boring front men go he'd be a winner

Â