Midweek football 18/20 October

andykeenan

I'm bored to death with the Champions League to be honest....

Its amusing that this is sold as THE pinnacle of club football, and then 90% of it's overbloated run each year is absolutely terrible.

I'm bored to death with the Champions League to be honest....

Totally agree. I have no interest in it what so ever during the group stage.

I'm not even that excited about watching it during the final rounds (semi final and final) anymore.

City were shit, all those creative players yet lacking in ideas

in fairness didnt help Dzeko kept losing the ball. Villareal showed them how to pass teh ball in 2nd half and with a fit Nilmar probably could have won.

Thought Rossi was brilliant as lone striker and gave Kompany and LEscott a run around. pity no support except from Cani

100% agree, dzeko was really poor, the commentators made a good point, he scored 4 vs spurs then gets dropped

rossi's movement was really good IMO it worked because he was the 1 city didnt man mark him, giving him a bit of uncertainty to play on, if they'd have gone with nilmar too they could have gone one each, shame villarreal seemed to set the tone early with a couple of soft dives meaning that they got pretty much nothing later on

as fot the CL being boring you just know something is wrong when a team play trying not to be embarrassed, problem is however you format it the utd game (which by all accounts was dire) was champion vs champion

also think city will squeeze through on the basis of the CL's format, bayern at home last game, will probably be a dead rubber for bayern giving city a slight upper hand

would also like to know if anyone knows the villarreal away fans numbers for the bayern game? alot has been made of the 17 people through the door and how much it says about the spanish economy, does it say a fair bit about city too? if you could only afford one game out of those 3 IMO it wouldnt be city

would also like to know if anyone knows the villarreal away fans numbers for the bayern game? alot has been made of the 17 people through the door and how much it says about the spanish economy, does it say a fair bit about city too? if you could only afford one game out of those 3 IMO it wouldnt be city

Spanish fans dont travel very well. In 2004 Deportivo then a top European side brought 7 fans to Dublin for a Champions League qualifier. Even in Spain except for Sporting Gijon no club really brings a lot of fans to games

also think city will squeeze through on the basis of the CL's format, bayern at home last game, will probably be a dead rubber for bayern giving city a slight upper hand

i dont know, the big game is in Naples in match day 5. If City dont win there they are out

Chelsea 4-0 up vs Genk coming into half time. Torres has a brace, which takes him to 4 in 4 for Chelsea (well, 4 in 3 if you consider the timing of his red card against Swansea and the remainder of tonights game) so has the £50m man finally found his best form?

Chelsea 4-0 up vs Genk coming into half time. Torres has a brace, which takes him to 4 in 4 for Chelsea (well, 4 in 3 if you consider the timing of his red card against Swansea and the remainder of tonights game) so has the £50m man finally found his best form?

I dunno but he was fecking brilliant in that first half (admittedly against poor opposition)

Watched a bit of every game tonight

genk were piss poor Chelsea were good the barca kid looked like he's played for years

arsenal vs om was boring as ****

barca went through the motions iniesta's goal was quality though

Porto vs Apoel was a disgrace bunch of fannies god knows how many fouls

shaktar vs zenit had a brilliant last half hour danny and wilian were brilliant

Milan really don't look right, miss a controlling CM

Â