Republic of Ireland

Voinjama

For all his hype, the jury is still out on McCarthy. He has put in some ok performances in friendlies but nothing spectacular, my suspicion is he isn't good enough to play in a 442. I'd also drop one of JOS or Dunne for Clark, all capable of howlers but has shown he can be decent in the green. 

1-1 tonight I reckon, Trap to cling on 'til the inevitable annihilation in Cologne. Crazy to think the Habsburgs don't have Weimann as a regular starter.

It's hard to have an impact on the game when it's launched over you every time your team has the ball though. To get the best out of McCarthy and most of the midfield we need to play the ball along the ground more.

I bet on a Sweden win, sorry :P

You'd have been mad not to.

We're out if they win and we lose. It would require Austria and Germany beating Sweden. It would also require us winning in Germany. Oh and Austria losing to the Faroe Islands. All of those things would have to happen.

• Like 1

I bet on a Sweden win, sorry :P

You'd have been mad not to.

Disagree. Sweden had to play away to ireland and then travel to Kazakhstan, whereas the Kazakhs played the Faroes at home and are at home again against Sweden. Hopefully the Kazakhs can keep it to 0-1 and then when the travelling catches up with the Swedes towards the end, they'll nick a goal. Unfortunately I think the Austrians will make mince meat of Ireland...

Â