Republic of Ireland

Voinjama

• 3 weeks later...

So looks like Clark is going to be dropped for Dunne for the Sweden game. Gotta say despite O'Shea playing well last time out, a Dunne - O'Shea partnership doesn't inspire me with confidence against Zlatan.

Forde, Coleman, Dunne, O'Shea, Wilson, Walters, McCarthy, Whelan, McClean, Keane, Long

Edited by Corcaigh

I think that's a fairly decent side we have there. Definitely greater than the sum of its parts. The safety net is gone though. We've no more room for excuses. If we don't get the results from here onwards we're done.

We need a minimum of 4pts from these next 2 games and the way the fixtures are set up, 3 of those would preferably come from the Sweden game because we have to assume they'll beat Kazakhstan whereas a draw with Austria wouldn't be disastrous as it is 1) away from home and 2) their other game is in Germany. That way, we all come out of these games Ire+4, Swe+3, Aus+1 whereas the other way around would be Ire+4, Swe+4, Aus+0.

My God in this life played for Villa and ROI. Im from Sweden but I dont support the national team very much but Zlatan comes from my swedish teams academy and from the part I'm from...to finalise this...dont care if Sweden goes to Brazil or not but I do like it when Zlatan is superb....

Â