Republic of Ireland

Voinjama

think only for a competitive games and we have 2 friendly matches before a competitive game and I think we can call him 4 days before and then can invoke that rule

with the makalele thing clubs cant stop a player ......but he will play when trapp heads back to italy soon

If the national side dig their heels in then that's true, but it can (and does) cause more trouble than it solves - as the fallout from the Makelele thing proved. Plus Trap has proven several times that if you don't want to play for him then he certainly ain't gonna force you. If anything he'll blacklist you.

Pilkington has pulled out of the squad again. I really wonder if he even wants to play for us?

Wouldn't be right for him to play against his own country.

Pilkington has pulled out of the squad again. I really wonder if he even wants to play for us?

Plenty of people in the stands at Wembley on the 29th sporting green will have English accents, do feel free to come up and tell them what their country is  ;)

Plenty of people in the stands at Wembley on the 29th sporting green will have English accents, do feel free to come up and tell them what their country is  ;)

The easiest response to an Englishman bleating on about nationality is to cite their cricket team. That usually shuts them up :)

The easiest response to an Englishman bleating on about nationality is to cite their cricket team. That usually shuts them up :)

don't forget their Rugby Union team, or their Royal family  :crylaugh: 

Anyone here going to Wemberlee on Wednesday?

Edited by Corcaigh

don't forget their Rugby Union team  :P

Yes but y'see with cricket being the quintessentially English sport, there's much more resonance to the point when you use cricket as your example :D
  • Like 1

I thought Ireland did OK. I think whisper it quietly but Trap is changing. 

2 years ago we would never have had young players like Hendrick, McClean McCarthy and Coleman near the team and on fringes Clark, Brady. Kelly fell out with him, is back in and starts and has allegedly told players like Duff and Given they arent welcome back.

Austria vs Sweden next week a draw there and we are right in this playoff hunt

Thought first half Ireland were the better team. Very unfortunate to go in 1-1.

Second half England came back into it, but certainly a better night for the Irish than the English.

don't forget their Rugby Union team  :P

Yes but y'see with cricket being the quintessentially English sport, there's much more resonance to the point when you use cricket as your example :D

Y'owm just jealous cos yow ain't got an empire, like wot we have.

Â