How much is Gabby worth ?

walesavfc

£8m for VDV saves real Madrid £100k a week in wages though

and don't forget 2 days before he was joining Munich for £20m but old candle face pulled off a blinder

I think arsenal and Chelsea have both shown even if gabby isn't playing out of his skin or scoring teams will still set ip their entire defence based on him, we don't use it well enough IMO he's easily worth double figures I'd say £14m realistic maybe as much as £18m in silly season

£8m for VDV saves real Madrid £100k a week in wages though

and don't forget 2 days before he was joining Munich for £20m but old candle face pulled off a blinder

I think arsenal and Chelsea have both shown even if gabby isn't playing out of his skin or scoring teams will still set ip their entire defence based on him, we don't use it well enough IMO he's easily worth double figures I'd say £14m realistic maybe as much as £18m in silly season

I rate Gabby for Villa, but I think if he was really as good as some are saying we would have seen some bids for him last summer when we know he wasn't too happy.......nobody bid though.

He was great yesterday that's for sure, but even then he missed the kind of chance you'd expect top strikers to put away every time.

Gabby is good, and maybe £6M is too low a valuation, but what's his worth to a buying club ? He's an enigma at Villa, with an outstanding match every 3 or 4 games, and not a lot inbetween.

He's primarily a striker, and has never scored more than 16 goals in a season. In the 5 seasons before this he's only scored 54 goals in 207 appearances, that's not the kind of figures you'd expect to pay big bucks for.

but I think if he was really as good as some are saying we would have seen some bids for him last summer when we know he wasn't too happy.......nobody bid though.

Because the press never reported it doesnt mean that their wasnt a bid last summer.

He's primarily a striker, and has never scored more than 16 goals in a season. In the 5 seasons before this he's only scored 54 goals in 207 appearances, that's not the kind of figures you'd expect to pay big bucks for.

But you're completely ignoring the fact that a very large proportion of those appearances he played on the wing.

But you're completely ignoring the fact that a very large proportion of those appearances he played on the wing.

Under MON he played upfront with Carew, with Young on the left wing (Young got 38 goals from 190 appearances). Most of the games where he's been played wider it's been on the left of a front 3 why would that result in such a poor goals return ?

I can't find Gabbys assist figures for the same period, but I suspect they would also not be great despite him having set up half of Darren Bents goals this season (3 assists ?).

He's not that prolific, he's around a 1 in 3 goalscorer these days if he played upfront all season but I think he adds a lot to a team when he's up front, I watched the game on Football first last night and he looked very good. Holds the ball up well, was constantly running the channels and providing an outlet for our players on the break. He's as good as we're going to get really. If he was scoring 18-20+ a season, he wouldn't be at Villa I imagine.

He's not that prolific, he's around a 1 in 3 goalscorer these days if he played upfront all season but I think he adds a lot to a team when he's up front, I watched the game on Football first last night and he looked very good. Holds the ball up well, was constantly running the channels and providing an outlet for our players on the break. He's as good as we're going to get really. If he was scoring 18-20+ a season, he wouldn't be at Villa I imagine.

That's been my point all along. For s he's great, but he's not quite good enough to attract the big 4. If anything we need 11 players of equivalent standard in Ryder for us to do well and not risk losing our best players.

Looking at this season, I don't even think Gabby is a striker really. He's got pace and strength but not a natural eye for goal. Look at his one-on-one finish against Chelsea - you'd think Bent would put that away but I never felt confident that Gabby would.

For me, he's better out on the wing. He looks so much more dangerous when he's doing less chasing around of the central defenders, and given more space to actually run directly at players. He's been so good for us this season, whether it's sticking crosses in or cutting inside and having a shot.

Glad to see N'Zogbia has stepped up his performances the last couple of games, but it's nice having lots of competition in and around the front players. I'd love to see us against Swansea play:

---------------Guzan-----------------

Cuellar--Collins--Dunne--Warnock

----------Petrov---Clark-------------

Gabby-------Ireland-------N'Zogbia

----------------Bent------------------

He didn't have a good game yesterday. Luiz had him in his pocket and his 1 on 1 hasn't improved at all. Why does he always hit the ball towards the goalkeeper without any force?

But he still remains our best player this season and deserves to start.

Gabby's worth whatever someone would be prepared to offer for him.

I'd certainly put him in the double figure bracket, maybe £12m? He just needs to get arrogant; an arrogant, confident striker would have dropped the left shoulder and calmly slotted that one-on-one yesterday to Cechs right.

He didn't have a good game yesterday. Luiz had him in his pocket and his 1 on 1 hasn't improved at all. Why does he always hit the ball towards the goalkeeper without any force?

But he still remains our best player this season and deserves to start.

He really didn't. 2nd half Luiz started to nick the ball off him more often but I put that down to tiredness, he worked extremely hard all game.

I don't think he is the most naturally talented footballer but he has pace, power, has a great work ethic and decent instincts. He also, as importantly, bleeds claret and blue. But what I really love about Gabby is that he is always working hard to improve. He will go away over a summer and work on a certain area and come back a better player.

The only problem is that he is being shifted around quite a bit and is having to work on wing play and forward play. I think, to get the maximum out of him, he needs to take a position and work at one position.

Â