How much is Gabby worth ?

walesavfc

I loved recently when he spent the day at the children's hospital. He went on his own accord and I read somewhere that he donated a 6 figure sum to the hospital too. What a guy. Proud to have him at our club.

Yep, fair play to him.

Tell ya what would be even more impressive - if he didnt feel the need to tell everyone.

He's missing something though.

Needs more off-the-field antics a la Balotelli.

You haven't seen his contributions to monogamy then?

Literally? No, but I saw the stories.

I just feel Balotelli has taken things to a new level with his regular updates. Gabby's got to match up.

He's missing something though.

Needs more off-the-field antics a la Balotelli.

You haven't seen his contributions to monogamy then?

Literally? No, but I saw the stories.

I just feel Balotelli has taken things to a new level with his regular updates. Gabby's got to match up.

There's no equal to the madness of Balotelli!!!!

I loved recently when he spent the day at the children's hospital. He went on his own accord and I read somewhere that he donated a 6 figure sum to the hospital too. What a guy. Proud to have him at our club.

Yep, fair play to him.

Tell ya what would be even more impressive - if he didnt feel the need to tell everyone.

I don't really think he needed to tell anyone. That kind of donation is hardly common is it?

Yep, fair play to him.

I don't really think he needed to tell anyone. That kind of donation is hardly common is it?

Im not with ya Mantis, Are you agreeing that theres no need for him to tell us how much hes donating?

Answer to the thread title is not so easy. To other teams I reckon about £6M, maybe MON might feel different, but generally he's not a good enough footballer to be worth mega millions, and he's not a prolific enough scorer either.

To us though, I reckon he's priceless, more for the fact he feels like part of the club. As a footballer he's easily replaced, but right now he's the lifeblood of AVFC, and in a team full of over the hill mercenaries that makes him irreplaceable.

Yep, fair play to him.

Im not with ya Mantis, Are you agreeing that theres no need for him to tell us how much hes donating?

He doesn't have to. When you're donating that amount of money it's going to get out. I don't know if he told everyone about it himself but to be honest I don't care. He didn't have to donate that money.

Answer to the thread title is not so easy. To other teams I reckon about £6M, maybe MON might feel different, but generally he's not a good enough footballer to be worth mega millions, and he's not a prolific enough scorer either.

To us though, I reckon he's priceless, more for the fact he feels like part of the club. As a footballer he's easily replaced, but right now he's the lifeblood of AVFC, and in a team full of over the hill mercenaries that makes him irreplaceable.

You think an English striker, on the fringes of the national team, with years to run on his contract is worth £6m? This isn't 1995 son.

Yep, fair play to him.

He doesn't have to. When you're donating that amount of money it's going to get out. I don't know if he told everyone about it himself but to be honest I don't care. He didn't have to donate that money.

You can make an annonymous donation and any charity will respect that.

By no means criticising him, just that would make it more impressive.

I would love to see Gabby in a team that is set up to play to his strengths i.e.

------------- two sitting CM'ers ---------------

------------- a creative no. 10 ----------------

--- Albie (on form) ------- The Zog (on form)

------------------- Gabby ----------------------

I think he would score for fun with the right service and consistent delivery/opportunities.

You think an English striker, on the fringes of the national team, with years to run on his contract is worth £6m? This isn't 1995 son.

Kevin Davies was called up to the England squad in te last year. Gabby is a striker that doesn't score or a winger that rarely beats his man and can't cross. He's a speed merchant, and in a world where Van Der Vaart costs £8M I think £6M for Gabby is about right.

Who do you thnk is out there that wold pay more for him ? Being English is only a benefit to Englsh teams, and he simply isn't good enough for any of the top teams.

Gabby is a striker that doesn't score or a winger that rarely beats his man and can't cross.

Have you watched games this season or are you just watching the 2010/11 season review?

I've watched every home game this season and most away games.

It's my opinion. Even this season he's been completely inconsistent. If he was "all that" surely teams would have tested our resolve. Gabby is one of very few players that I can never remember being linked elsewhere.

As I have stated already though he's irreplaceable for us.

Yes he was excellent again today and put in a great shift. Shame he didn't take the chance he had but he played his part in a very good win. He is up there with Petrov in terms of our best/most consistent player this season.

Kevin Davies was called up to the England squad in te last year. Gabby is a striker that doesn't score or a winger that rarely beats his man and can't cross. He's a speed merchant, and in a world where Van Der Vaart costs £8M I think £6M for Gabby is about right.

Who do you thnk is out there that wold pay more for him ? Being English is only a benefit to Englsh teams, and he simply isn't good enough for any of the top teams.

Stoke signed Crouch for 10m who's 31 and isn't in the England squad anymore.

Â