The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Guys,

with one game to go, it would show a lack of class is Eck was sacked at this very minute. I want him out as much as the next guy, but come on... I'd like to think that the club would at least have the decency to let him travel to Norwich with the team, experience the match and let him get home again before managing him out of the club starts... Let's have some dignity - which IIRC was sadly lacking when the SHAMMERS got rid of Avram Grant.

Our problems will start if we are here this time next week and nothing has happened. That's when you need to worry. Not now, not this week, not until after Sunday night.

After all, our away support will probably want one last dig at him won't they?

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last game Tottenham for example.

I was there, this is the game Heskey missed a sitter and Dunne wrecklessy handed them their equaliser

Take those individual errors out, we've won

How is that the manager fault

We had 4 shots in that game. Spurs (who were down to ten men for what, 40 minutes?) had more than 20.

That's why it's the managers fault. He sets the team up to sit back and not even bother with a counter attack.

Guys,

with one game to go, it would show a lack of class is Eck was sacked at this very minute. I want him out as much as the next guy, but come on... I'd like to think that the club would at least have the decency to let him travel to Norwich with the team, experience the match and let him get home again before managing him out of the club starts... Let's have some dignity - which IIRC was sadly lacking when the SHAMMERS got rid of Avram Grant.

Our problems will start if we are here this time next week and nothing has happened. That's when you need to worry. Not now, not this week, not until after Sunday night.

agree with this. The Club should at least be seen to run through its process, provided that it does, of course, come to the correct decision...

I think the classy thing to do would be to announce before the match that McLeish and the club have agreed by mutual consent that he will step down after the Norwich match. Might help to provide a decent send-off to the season, and might even cheer the fans up enough to give him some kind of send off rather than abuse all game.

I don't think the conversations will have happened yet to make this possible though.

I think the classy thing to do would be to announce before the match that McLeish and the club have agreed by mutual consent that he will step down after the Norwich match. Might help to provide a decent send-off to the season, and might even cheer the fans up enough to give him some kind of send off rather than abuse all game.

I don't think the conversations will have happened yet to make this possible though.

I disagree, think it would have. Maybe not advanced talks, but something about end of season.

I think he's gone anyway so I hope the fans are respectful and dignified on Sunday

He tried his best & never talked the club or fans down

You and Alex should get a room.

Guys,

On the contrary, I'd absolutely love to see him sacked straight away. Maximum humiliation. He's going to be getting a big fat payoff anyway so I wouldn't feel too sorry for him.

I think he's gone anyway so I hope the fans are respectful and dignified on Sunday

Oh FFS come off it. He may have tried his best but he's talked the club down several times. Remember the "elite club" comments? Remember after the 1-0 home defeat to Man City where he was clearly visibly delighted at only getting beat 1-0 and tried to defend his tactics even after we had lost? Remember the "silent majority" comments? Remember all the lies?

I find it ridiculous how you can sit there and slate Houllier for certain things and say he "talked the club down" yet when McLeish does the same things you say he never talked the club down.

I'm fed up of this McLeish love-in. He's had such an easy ride from fans it's unbelievable. He's acted like just as much of a word removed as DOL, MON and Houllier, yet while they're all seen as pricks by many on here, McLeish is almost universally seen as "a nice man". Yes I know saying he's a nice man isn't the same as saying he's a good manager but it's still annoying how some Villa managers get slated for saying certain things yet when another manager does the same thing he's still lauded as "a nice genuine bloke".

**** McLeish.

Agree DVIN, he has made references to Aston Villa with a smugness to try and make out were a small club! Even mentioned the European Cup. Such a nice man, bottom line is he is paid a wage, a very handsome wage in fact more than he ever got at Blues but he's a nice man. He'll get a nice pay off because he did a shit job, what a nice man. He stated we couldn't beat Arsenal, though a year before did he have the attitude with Blues? Then the usual comes out he has no money to spend, he had more money at Villa than he ever had at Blues 'FACT', he has given us the worst home record ever, he has the worst win ratio, then on top of all that we survive by the skin of our teeth and he see's it as an achievement, yes nice man, i have another word he's DELUDED!

:crylaugh:

No i dont care if he is never talked down to us, he nearly got us relegated.. He deserves everything he gets because of his negative anti-football tactics he forced upon the villa team.

Yes. Then bar it up from the outside.

That would be splendid.

So much wrong here it almost hurts. How many games did we not even attempt to win this season? There are loads of examples where we played for a 0-0, and after inevitably conceding a goal we played to only lose 1-0. Is that trying your best? Are the comments after games like Arsenal away not talking us down?

keep scouring sites for signs that he's deffo going to be gone. still nothing, i'd really like the last game to be pretty much all the kids and let them play with teh shackles and pressure off and see what happens.

can't see AM doing it though, can't see the club making any statements regarding his future till a week after the last game either.

you'd like to think they have a replacement pretty much lined up and we can start thinking about the rebuild...

keep scouring sites for signs that he's deffo going to be gone. still nothing, i'd really like the last game to be pretty much all the kids and let them play with teh shackles and pressure off and see what happens.

can't see AM doing it though, can't see the club making any statements regarding his future till a week after the last game either.

you'd like to think they have a replacement pretty much lined up and we can start thinking about the rebuild...

Even if McLeish gives the kids a run out and tells them to go for it it wont matter. We all know what he will be doing come the opening day of next season if he is still in charge, 10 men behind the ball and only cross the half way line if you really really have to.

So much wrong here it almost hurts. How many games did we not even attempt to win this season? There are loads of examples where we played for a 0-0, and after inevitably conceding a goal we played to only lose 1-0. Is that trying your best?

Sadly, I actually think that yes, that is him trying his best. We all knew what Birmingham were like under him, and we've been exactly the same. I have no doubts that he's given his best shot and done what he thinks is his right.

He's just not very good at his job. Which is nothing we didn't know before he came here. I find it hard to be too angry at McLeish, and I find it hard to believe that he tried to fail... or tried not to succeed. I put the blame 100% on the idiot who hired him.

Â