The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

The annoying thing is DOL and Houllier are seen as pricks on here (fair enough) yet Saint Alex is seen as a "nice bloke".

I don't know why it's annoying. Being a prick or being nice is no reflection on their (in)ability to manage. It's far more annoying to see things like 'Saint Alex' being posted and getting the impression that you think he's being given an easy ride in this forum when I can't see a single poster who wants him to stay. Plenty of people wanted Houllier (the pr*ck) to stay.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'm saying is it's possible to be nice but shit. Once we keep them separate then there's no problem.

The annoying thing is DOL and Houllier are seen as pricks on here (fair enough) yet Saint Alex is seen as a "nice bloke".

I don't know why it's annoying. Being a prick or being nice is no reflection on their (in)ability to manage. It's far more annoying to see things like 'Saint Alex' being posted and getting the impression that you think he's being given an easy ride in this forum when I can't see a single poster who wants him to stay. Plenty of people wanted Houllier (the pr*ck) to stay.

But this is the thing, McLeish has been just as much of a prick as DOL and Houllier were.

I know calling someone nice isn't the same as calling someone a good manager, but I'm struggling to see what makes McLeish so nice in the first place. That's what's annoying me.

But this is the thing, McLeish has been just as much of a prick as DOL and Houllier were.

The 'nice' thing is about how those who work with him find him. Whereas people couldn't stand DOL or MON. It's nothing to do with how 'we' find him. I've never had a conversation with the man.

Mantis I don't see why you think AM is a prick. Granted you dislike him, but surely you can see that he comes across as a genuinely decent dude (and by all accounts, is) whereas Houllier came across as a douche.

I don't see why our fans thinks he's a decent bloke, he's smug prat, and i'm actually with Mantis on this. Houllier got slated for saying we were mid-table side, this prat says the same but turns us into a relegation threatened side and then says he's acheived as he knew we would be in trouble at the start! Plus I couldn't stand Foolier either, but McLeish is up there for being a prat, lets not forget his comments at Arsenal fella's, yeh top bloke, he's a deluded fool, also to add he's a bottler!

Mantis I don't see why you think AM is a prick. Granted you dislike him, but surely you can see that he comes across as a genuinely decent dude (and by all accounts, is) whereas Houllier came across as a douche.
This is what I mean, I don't think he comes across as genuine or decent either. I don't agree on Houllier. I wouldn't specifically call him nice (like many here do with McLeish) but I don't think he came across as a prick either.

I don't see why our fans thinks he's a decent bloke, he's smug prat, and i'm actually with Mantis on this. Houllier got slated for saying we were mid-table side, this prat says the same but turns us into a relegation threatened side and then says he's acheived as he knew we would be in trouble at the start! Plus I couldn't stand Foolier either, but McLeish is up there for being a prat, lets not forget his comments at Arsenal fella's, yeh top bloke, he's a deluded fool, also to add he's a bottler!
Exactly. Houllier kept on trying to shift the blame away from himself, but McLeish is doing the exact same thing. Houllier made some ridiculous comments, but McLeish has been just as bad.

If McLeish stays, Randy will have to give him millions this summer to bring in McLeish type players.

If McLeish stays, Randys' income from AVFC will reduce further next season.

Why would Randy pay out millions to guarantee a bigger loss?

If McLeish stays, the vitriolic protests that have been directed at McLeish recently will most definitely be directed at Randy.

Why would he put himself in that position?

If McLeish stays, the bookies will make Villa short odds to be relegated next season.

Why would Randy gamble with Villas' future?

etc. etc.

If McLeish stays, Randy will have to give him millions this summer to bring in McLeish type players.

If McLeish stays, Randys' income from AVFC will reduce further next season.

Why would Randy pay out millions to guarantee a bigger loss?

If McLeish stays, the vitriolic protests that have been directed at McLeish recently will most definitely be directed at Randy.

Why would he put himself in that position?

If McLeish stays, the bookies will make Villa short odds to be relegated next season.

Why would Randy gamble with Villas' future?

etc. etc.

If we approach this logically then yes it would appear that there's no chance of McLeish staying. However, appointing McLeish in the first place wasn't logic either so I don't think we can take anything for granted with Lerner.

Randy might geniunly think that the loss of an £18m striker, our best central defender & our captain (coupled with injuries to other key players throughout the year) has given McLeish a worse ride than he deserved.

He might also think that bringing in another manager could lead to another 'transition season' and relegation battle.

He might think that giving McLeish another £20m+ to spend will be enough to get us fighting at the top half of the table again.

OR, he might cast his mind back to this time last year, when he had ambitions for us to become a 'footballing side' and he might bite the bullet, sack McLeish, pay the compensation, approach Roberto Martinez and give him the funds to build a new team.

Who knows.

'PussEKatt' we lost our label as an attacking team once Downing and Young were sold.

Dont agree with that.We are still a team that prefers to attack,its just that without Downing and Young we dont do it as well.And then McLeish came along and now we have players that want to attack bieng told to defend.No wonder we are crap on the field, the players are bieng asked to play a style of football that is completly alien to them.

Attack with what exactly?

Before Keane was signed in January neither of our wingers was playing to form so no supply to Bent.

Very little creativity in midfield until Ireland started to find some form and when he did, then Bent got a bad injury.

However when Keane arrived in January we had more of an attacking threat through the middle but when Keane left that attacking threat went with him.

You also have to factor in Gabby's injury, his subsequent loss of form and please tell me how then could McLeish set us up as an attacking team?

He simply couldn't so he made us hard to beat to try and get enough points to keep us safe.

You are looking at the symptoms but ignoring the underlying disease.

NZogbia came to us on a high having almost single handedly keeping Wigan up.

Albrighton should have made this his break through season.

Ireland in and out of the team due to "illness" and "injury"

Gabby being played as a winger even though McLeish said he wouldnt

Bent touching the ball less than any other player in the premier league

All of those were down to bad luck and Downing/Young going.

Come off it.

I think he is a nice bloke, i'm a nice bloke, theres nothing wrong with being a nice bloke, but it does'nt mean your a competant manager.

I changed my view about McL about 3 weeks ago, too many occassions we were out thought, and out fought in the 2nd half of games, against teams who should'nt, Bburn/Bolton/Sunderland.Thats when i realised he was incompetant.

No he wont, McLeish will sell some of the big assets and 4/5 other players and bring in a rake of Bosmans like he did in Glasgow.

Lerner wont have to give him millions to do this at all. He could probably generate £30m + by selling players and use less than half of that to replace everybody.

He could save about 30% off the wage bill at the same time too.

Stop panicking

Nothing will happen before Norwich either way

Then there will be an end of season mop up / post Mortem

Why do you always post as if you know something, when time and again your prophecies are based on an overactive imagination and a two year old copy of football manager?

No he wont, McLeish will sell some of the big assets and 4/5 other players and bring in a rake of Bosmans like he did in Glasgow.

Lerner wont have to give him millions to do this at all. He could probably generate £30m + by selling players and use less than half of that to replace everybody.

He could save about 30% off the wage bill at the same time too.

There's a myth about Bosmans .... that they're cheap. The wages that a good player on a Bosman will ask for are far more than Randy will want to pay. That just leaves average players and if you multiply their wage expectations (coming on a free) by 4/5 players x 3 years, it's still a big multi million pound sum!

Â