The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I think your forgetting that we have suffered from a severe injury crisis this season so McLeish had to play players out of position in the same way many teams have to if they are missing players.

If both Keane and Bent had been available to the end of the season then we wouldn't have been so defensive. With Keane in the team we were more offensive but you cannot play offensively when your best attacking players are either not available or off form.

It is my belief that if McLeish had set us up to play more offensively with the injuries to key players then we would have certainly been relegated.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks as if he will be staying with us for next season, I just don't feel confident that RL has the nuts to sack him.. I cant go through another season like this, its been so depsressing....

So honest answer from everyone

Do you think Alex McLeish will be Aston villa manager next season?

Probably should have done a poll or something.

I think your forgetting that we have suffered from a severe injury crisis this season so McLeish had to play players out of position in the same way many teams have to if they are missing players.

If both Keane and Bent had been available to the end of the season then we wouldn't have been so defensive. With Keane in the team we were more offensive but you cannot play offensively when your best attacking players are either not available or off form.

It is my belief that if McLeish had set us up to play more offensively with the injuries to key players then we would have certainly been relegated.

That's a nice belief to have and looks like McLeish agrees

Still the problem that McLeish didn't get the best out of the players he had at his disposal that were fit for each game.

I think your forgetting that we have suffered from a severe injury crisis this season so McLeish had to play players out of position in the same way many teams have to if they are missing players

Interesting but please profer some sort of excuse for the period from August until February when he had almost a full team to pick from?

Don't know why everyone is so confident he's going. No pressure from above at all.

I don't think McLeish will leave this Summer, Faulkner will made an absolute hash of it and sack him in November when we're bottom, wasting another season.

I'd like Poyet. AVB might be a decent shout you know, much less pressure than Chelsea, no big characters to upset, and I'd back him if he wanted to ship out the likes of Dunne and Collins.

Don't know why everyone is so confident he's going. No pressure from above at all.

I don't think McLeish will leave this Summer, Faulkner will made an absolute hash of it and sack him in November when we're bottom, wasting another season.

I'd like Poyet. AVB might be a decent shout you know, much less pressure than Chelsea, no big characters to upset, and I'd back him if he wanted to ship out the likes of Dunne and Collins.

Trouble is AVB took on the Chelsea dressing room and lost which will give comfort to our muppets to do the same

I do feel for McLeish though, he never stood a chance here
What do you mean? He was given a fair chance by the fans. People were very supportive of him in the beginning.

The media like to make out that he's been hated and abused from day one (because of where he came from obviously) but that just isn't the case. If anything he's had it quite easy from fans, compared to Houllier at least.

We didn't want him in the first place. He has now given us our shittest season in the Premier League. Yet somehow Lerner & McLeish still believe that this mismatch should continue into next season. **** off.

Get him out ASAP after the Norwich game.

If they keep McLeish on we have to do something. I'm sorry but sitting around doing nothing is not going to help us.

Unfortunately whenever anyone does try and do something people just dismiss it as "smalltime", yet these same people are just as against McLeish as everyone else.

Before the excuse of "injuries" falls into folklore and becomes a recognised and valid reason for our problems this season can we just analyse the injuires we have had that could have been a problem? I mean I have seen this from a number of areas now that injuries are the reason we have been struggling but to me I just do not see it.

BENT - Long term and whilst he is an obvious talent and the most valuable asset we have in the team at the time he got the injury he was not being used to his maximum potential anyway, there were lots of people saying we should flog him and that Mcleish was not going to be able to get anything from Bent so was his injury a real problem ? I think not

DUNNE - Described as error prone, too old, a troublemaker who likes the pop and as someone we should be replacing and who would have gone last summer if Houllier had remained. On everyone's list of players to go this summer yet we are to believe that his absence for a couple of months is the reason we are not safe from relegation ? I think not

PETROV - Hiis enforced absence is terrible news and no one could do a thing about it. But again prior to his illness he was hardly tearing up trees and would have been in the list to replace this summer being too old and past it . If anything his absence should have been a catalyst given the circumstances surrounding it.

Truth is we were shit before the injuries so for me they have nothing to do with our problems. In addition you cannot say on the one hand we have had injuries then on the other say Mcleish has done well to blood the youth players.

Whilst we mess around deciding whether to sack AM, WBA are approaching Rainieri to be their boss ...

http://ow.ly/aLwJn

He won't go there.... right?

He would, wants to get back to English football! Their the highest club in the midlands! But trust me with the players we have Tinkerbell would have a nightmare! If we want an Italian manager, Cappello would the one I'd get, wouldn't take no shit of any of the ****!

Before the excuse of "injuries" falls into folklore and becomes a recognised and valid reason for our problems this season can we just analyse the injuires we have had that could have been a problem? I mean I have seen this from a number of areas now that injuries are the reason we have been struggling but to me I just do not see it.

BENT - Long term and whilst he is an obvious talent and the most valuable asset we have in the team at the time he got the injury he was not being used to his maximum potential anyway, there were lots of people saying we should flog him and that Mcleish was not going to be able to get anything from Bent so was his injury a real problem ? I think not

DUNNE - Described as error prone, too old, a troublemaker who likes the pop and as someone we should be replacing and who would have gone last summer if Houllier had remained. On everyone's list of players to go this summer yet we are to believe that his absence for a couple of months is the reason we are not safe from relegation ? I think not

PETROV - Hiis enforced absence is terrible news and no one could do a thing about it. But again prior to his illness he was hardly tearing up trees and would have been in the list to replace this summer being too old and past it . If anything his absence should have been a catalyst given the circumstances surrounding it.

Truth is we were shit before the injuries so for me they have nothing to do with our problems. In addition you cannot say on the one hand we have had injuries then on the other say Mcleish has done well to blood the youth players.

Spot on, totally agree.

Â