The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe MON gets the bland considering it's nearly 2years since he walked!

quite simply becasue he spent ridiculous amounts of money on very poor players and paid them silly money. We losty £50m last year and £37m the year before it's becasue we have the 13th higherst average football club wages in the entire world.

Becasue he gave them those silly wages it's why we've not been able to offload them. Who in their right minds will pay £50k a week for warnock? 65k Heskey, 40k beye etc. 55k sidwell, etc

When we've got rid of these players we've had to pay them off, Beye has cost us £2m this season - doncaster can't pay £40k and they didn't thwy paid 1k we paid the rest and when he left we had to pay him the outstanding balance.

The same will have happened to Luke young, Shorewy, sidwell etc.

because no one will buy these wasters, and oullier couldmn't get them playing his way i.e. football - the board decided to employ a manager similar to MON i.e. hoofball and we ended up with Mcleish.

So yep I still think we have an after effect of MON even though he left 2 years a ago. I still think we'll be suffering form MON in another 3-5 years time. His spending was ridiculous and lerner must've been mad to back him.

No Mantis, ive said that a new manager needs at least 2 years, but given how shocking bad we have been this season and the fans feeling towards the manager then any sensible person would sack him now.

I was against sacking him 5 games ago because that would just have been disruptive in our survival chances.

None of this means i wanted him as manager though. I dont know why youre so determined to make out otherwise. It was a disaster from the start and we shouldnt even be in this situation talking about alex **** mcleish

You've clearly changed your tune (which is good) but a few weeks ago you were talking about how he should get another season. How does that not count as wanting him?

All I'm doing is refuting your claim that nobody ever wanted him.

I've quite regularly disagreed with stu_the_villan on various things not least the belief he should be given a 2nd year however to be fair Mantis on this point I agree with him.

He never wanted him and has to my knowledge never said he wants him to be our manager. He has said he should be given a 2nd season because he believes all managers should be which is a different stance altogether.

How does that not count as wanting him though?

Its really fairly simple.

To say someone "wanted him" suggests that they wanted him appointed in the first place, that they 'wanted him' as manager and quite simply he didn't.

Thinking a manager once appointed should be given a certain amount of time before being judged is entirely different to 'wanting' that manager.

Martinez is favourite for villa job at 5/4

Lambert 6/1

Scary

That's ridiculous isn't it.

Martinez decided against taking the Villa job last summer and things have significantly deteriorated since then so there has to be a very small chance of him accepting this summer IF McLeish leaves.

Lambert 6/1

Scary

haha... so what...

You can judge Lambert over the past 2 months and claim he's rubbish.

But the amazing past 2 months Martinez has had is just ignored?

You keep telling yourself that CI, but I don't think it appears this way and I don't think Randy would either.

We won't be getting Capello or Scolari I'm afraid. Hell, I'm not even convinced we'll be getting a new manager at all but if we're going to discuss potential candidates, let's at least be realistic.

Its really fairly simple.

To say someone "wanted him" suggests that they wanted him appointed in the first place, that they 'wanted him' as manager and quite simply he didn't.

Thinking a manager once appointed should be given a certain amount of time before being judged is entirely different to 'wanting' that manager.

I'm not claiming he wanted him to begin with, but thinking a manager should get another season certain;y doesn't count as not wanting him. If you don't want a manager then you certainly wouldn't want them in charge for a second season.

Lambert 6/1

Scary

Martinez decided against taking the Villa job last summer and things have significantly deteriorated since then so there has to be a very small chance of him accepting this summer IF McLeish leaves.

I believe Martinez's decision to stay at Wigan were all about Wigan and not so much about Villa.

Collymore is partly (not completely because the players have to take a proportion of the blame for being absolutely pathetic after the Bolton goals) right about the Bolton game as some fans at the back of the Holte sang '**** off mcleish, the Villa are down'. Is that getting behind the team? It was a very sad, totally pathetic song which was fairly quickly drowned out but nevertheless sung and heard. Some of our fans deserve our **** of a manager.

It is very nice being able to watch the Blackburn - Wigan game not worrying about relegation.

Their fans are already shouting "Kean out".

Actually it is Kean out, Venkys out

Some of our fans deserve our **** of a manager.
That's a horrible thing to say. I wouldn't wish McLeish on my worst enemy. He's horrible and he brings nothing but gloom, negativity and poor results to clubs. He's the footballing equivalent of the black death.

Lambert 6/1

Scary

I believe Martinez's decision to stay at Wigan were all about Wigan and not so much about Villa.

Granted.

However, if Man Utd came knocking for him he would of left to join. In which case he can be swayed to leave and join another club, but the pull of Villa last season was not strong enough and so the pull this season is certainly not going to of improved.

Either way, I think putting a bet on Martinez not being the next Villa at those odds is almost like owning a money printing machine.

Lambert 6/1

Scary

haha... so what...

You can judge Lambert over the past 2 months and claim he's rubbish.

But the amazing past 2 months Martinez has had is just ignored?

Where did you get these odds from??

Some of our fans deserve our **** of a manager.
That's a horrible thing to say. I wouldn't wish McLeish on my worst enemy. He's horrible and he brings nothing but gloom, negativity and poor results to clubs. He's the footballing equivalent of the black death.

I have to disagree, medical science has been able to hold the 'Black Death' at bay. There is no cure for McLeishitis.

Â