The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

AM on the OS

"We were much more aggressive in the business end of the field in the first half. It's alright playing pretty football but you need crosses into the box. Emile held it up well".

Hmmm? Pretty football? Crosses? Didn't see either of those yesterday

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is either completely deluded or trying to save face for when the inevitable happens. I think it's highly unlikely that any chairman in the country would employ this man again, and AM knows it.

I dont know a single Villa fan who holds his previous club against him, I'm confident saying that generally speaking, us Villa fans, we're above that.

:lol:

With a near 7 year history on VT, are you sure about this statement?

I think Shearer's comments were along the lines of feeling sorry for McLeish as he was a dead man walking with the fans (he was/is) and he was very unlucky with injuries (he has been).

Because he failed to add that the McLeish has been pretty much clueless in organising the team, has failed abysmally to bring results at home, and has delivered a points total that no amount of animosity or injuries can justify, he hasn't fulfilled the wishes of a few on here, and has therefore been subjected to the usual abuse.

But what he actually said was correct.

Gary Lineker on Twitter:‏

Thanks all for watching. Most Villa fans disagree with Shearer, which I shall pass on

That's all very well, but it means nothing. Shearer has berated us live on MOTD in front of many millions but will be told privately he was wrong?

It would mean so much more if Lineker comes out live on air and tells Shearer he was wrong.

All you get in the press is that we don't want McLeish because he came from Birmingham. It's so wrong and it's frustrating the correct reasons don't get brought up... or maybe it is because that would make boring TV/reading?

I know its frustrating but its not worth getting worked up over, its not going to change. When you hear comments like that from Shearer you realise just how little some of the media "experts" actually know about what is happening at the clubs they are passing comment on.

Would fans be protesting about McLeish if we were sitting in 6th or 7th because he came from Birmingham? No they wouldn't, we all know that and I think most fans of other clubs know that but some of those paid to comment on the game can't be arsed to do the most basic of research or actually think about what they are passing comment on.

Alan Shearer was a great great player no question but a terrible manager and a rather clueless pundit.

All these so called pundits need to **** right off. They are paid a lot of money to watch football whereas we PAY a lot of money to watch HOOFBALL!

In all my years supporting Villa this is by far the worst season I can remember. The team was sent out to not concede. Well McLeish, we conceded too **** many because you couldn't organise the team or motivate the players. Who in their right mind puts the emphasis on the part of the team that is weakest? When fit we have Gabby and Bent as our strikers. We have N'Zobgia on one wing and Albrighton/Carruthers on the other. We have Petrov and Ireland in midfield. Dunne and Collins/Cuellar at centre back. We had a choice of Lichaj, Herd, Cuellar, Clark, Warnock and Hutton at full back. Any half decent manager would have avoided a relegation battle with that lot. The injuries only really started to arrive when we were already in trouble.

Right now I am not renewing because of McLeish. If Lerner keeps him for at least another season of that dire hoofball, he won't get another penny out of me!

We saw the exact same thing last season where gary mac was saying houllier is planning for next season and is looking forward to it. I think its 50-50 if he goes. Unfortunatley were not going to attract big managers but what worries me is by the time we act (if we do get rid) martinez will be at wba and lambert signing a contract extension. Mcleish out NOW

Talksport are about to discuss Villa now, Should be interesting as they are setting up with the tagline of "Are McLeish, Allardyce and McCarthy the has-beens of football and is it time for the breed of manager who are prepared to play football"

Should be interesting.

In addition, according to many, what manager would want the job anyway under the current constraints?

As much as we have the right to an opinion, the barracking of O'Leary, Houllier and now McLeish will look as if the fans are the problem, not the manager.

The only constraints are getting the overpaid and overrated players off our books: Collins, Dunne, Heskey, (each earn above 50,000 a week), Warnock, Cuellar.

Once the wage bill is under control we can bring in better players for better value of money. Someone like Lambert will be able to motivate the squad and our young players far beyond a defensive McLeish.

Talksport are about to discuss Villa now, Should be interesting as they are setting up with the tagline of "Are McLeish, Allardyce and McCarthy the has-beens of football and is it time for the breed of manager who are prepared to play football"

Should be interesting.

It won't be. It will likely be infuriating as its intended to be so that people pick up the phone and call them.

I simply can't understand why people listen to it or fall for it.

McLeish is getting the wage bill down whilst maintaining PL football

Clearly that's his brief for 2-3 years

Still think Lerner will take action though after Norwich, albeit yesterday's attendance of 36k was encouraging

Does anyone know how ST sales are going ?

How many did we sell this season? Was it about 20,000

Should be interesting.

It won't be. It will likely be infuriating as its intended to be so that people pick up the phone and call them.

You do realise that not all people who listen to the radio are stupid enough to fall for the "make sweeping statements with the intent to annoy" routine don't you?

If you look at what the discussion is about you will see that it isn't soley about Aston Villa but more so a discussion about the has-beens of football and the negative, anti football tactics they employ.

Light entertainment on a Bank holiday my friend :winkold:

Should be interesting.

You do realise that not all people who listen to the radio are stupid enough to fall for the "make sweeping statements with the intent to annoy" routine don't you?

If you look at what the discussion is about you will see that it isn't soley about Aston Villa but more so a discussion about the has-beens of football and the negative, anti football tactics they employ.

Light entertainment for those with a light mind.

It doesn't matter how broad the discussion is the aim and end result will be the same.

McLeish is getting the wage bill down whilst maintaining PL football

Clearly that's his brief for 2-3 years

Still think Lerner will take action though after Norwich, albeit yesterday's attendance of 36k was encouraging

Does anyone know how ST sales are going ?

How many did we sell this season? Was it about 20,000

I`m not sure that was the brief mate, mcleish has done his best to lower expectations.

“I think Europe sits there as a goal and this year that would be our goal – that’s what we want to try to achieve,” said Faulkner.

“It’s not easy because there’s other clubs trying to do the same, but I believe it’s do-able this year.

“We’ve got lots of ambition. The Premier League is a very, very tough league, but Aston Villa is a great club and we should be up there challenging at the top of the league and we should be there pushing for Europe.

“I really do think if we can put a good run together we’ve got a good squad.

“I think this year is one where we want to be there pushing to qualify for Europe."

Paul faulkners comments.

Should be interesting.

Light entertainment for those with a light mind.

It doesn't matter how broad the discussion is the aim and end result will be the same.

OK, well I'll take my light mind off to listen to the radio and mull over how to improve my intelligence to a level that allows me to transcend this kind of entertainment.

Yeah I remember Faulkner saying that, but in reality nobody wants to be in the Europa league

It's a poisoned chalice

Thats not the point, the point is even by the ceo`s standards mcleish has failed big time.

The other point being mcleish has made out like all he had to do was stay in the prem and lower the wage bill.

OK, well I'll take my light mind off to listen to the radio and mull over how to improve my intelligence to a level that allows me to transcend this kind of entertainment.

Best of luck mate ;)

I doubt it will work today though as the morons have opened with the tagline I mentioned earlier but then proceeded to ramble on about Citeh......

I don't think I've ever been so absolutely underwhelmed by the prospect of another season of THAT dross. And if Randy Lerner wants his 'stars' to perform to a half-empty Villa Park every other week, then he might just get his wishes.

Â