The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Commoli thing is the only glimmer. Obviously a DOF will 'clip the managers wings' - Which AM may find unacceptable - he's obviously not going to resign though - it could all be a dance around compensation - but I don't think so.

I did hope before today that AM would instigate a parting of the waves - and Randy would pretty quickly agree a deal. That seems unlikley now - and its down to Randy to weild the axe. In a way if RL chooses not to - then he clearly doesn't give a flying f**k about the villa - other than getting his money back.

Feel so powerless right now. If Randy does indeed keep McLeish then there's not much we can do about it. It's so depressing.

Agreed - with one exception - if Randy chooses to keep AM - It will confirm our worst fears about Randy .......the problems then go beyond Mcleish as manager.

The club have played a blinder. Pushing the PR "get behind the boys" shite (which we have been doing all season by the way) has achieved its aim: to effectively silence the fans. What other voice do we have if not to shout our displeasure at matches? Write strongly worded emails to Faulkner? Shout at people in the club shop or on the phone? The only real voice we have is to not turn up or shout very loudly. Not turning up isn't a great option, so voicing our views at matches is the only answer. So, other than two minutes after the final whistle we behaved. McLeish is indicating he is staying. We have to protest as loudly and at every opportunity as we can from now on. The Norwich match needs to be a constant protest against McLeish; every moment. Otherwise, well, we'll all be here again same time next year, but probably won't escape next time because of the greater inadequacy of others.

The fact that the only way to get Randy to listen is to boycott the club and hit him financially is really a sad state of affairs. I don't for one minute think that the fans should run the club, but in this instance, he just needs to listen to us.

We won't escape again - 7 wins usually gets you relegated - a mathmetical fluke this season has kept us up. With more AM players in the team next season, at least one of bent\gabby not here - we will be pretty short odds for relegation

All I know is that our away support is fantastic and certainly know how to get themselves heard.

Now that we're safe I hope everyone will get behind getting rid of McLeish, for the good of the club.

The fear is that IF Commoli is being brought on board, then he's probably already met with McLeish and has agreed to work with him - hence McLeish's new found confidence in his job security.

Feel so powerless right now. If Randy does indeed keep McLeish then there's not much we can do about it. It's so depressing.

Don't buy season tickets and don't buy match day tickets.

Hurt the man where he will notice it.

I am not renewing. I won't be going to VP next season if McLeish is there.

I have been going down VP for years and it will be hard to stay away but even harder to watch shit and be depressed every week.

I found it staggering that some fans were prepared to set aside Eck's dismal record and give him a chance here to begin with. To set aside that now in addition to the reality of putting us in a relegation tussle that very nearly resulted in disaster, is asking for a full on miracle.

He has to go, or those attendances are going to get increasingly depressing which is damaging our club in itself.

How would Commoli coming in help matters? It won't change a single thing.

I just can't believed Randy would keep McLeish.

It's almost comical yes, it's like admitting to the mistake of appointment by saying 'ok so maybe mcleish is inept, but now we're bringing in someone above him who knows what's what!'

It's his inability to manage on the pitch and astounding lack of knowledge for what to do and when regarding subs&tactics, how is a DoF going to hep with that...

DOF is a great idea, he comes in officially, "yeah, Randy your fans are right, that McLeish guy is the problem", "Ohh and I have a young guy looking for some work, you might like him as his first initials are AV"

The appointment of DOF is irrelevant, my gripe is with the poor tactics, mismanagement of our squad, squandering of £10m on a winger who he's failed to get the best of. Not had a clue all season how he wants his team to play. Simply no excuse for him remaining at our club.

Smug rat even had the audacity to say what a tough job he'd had. Said Bent missed 18 games and any team would miss him, forgetting the fact that Mcleish's lake of playing style has meant he's been a passenger for the majority of games.

Â