The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

The Tottenham protest 100% needs to go ahead. It will be confirmation McLeish had better not be here next season. The little protest at the Bolton game, has finally got us noticed in the media and the Tottenham game i believe will be the demise of Mcleish and a reason he personally will not want to be here next season weather Lerner wants him here or not.
Agreed. We can't stop now. We're almost there.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the level of personal abuse directed at him against Bolton really got to him.

Seems like the way forward is to increase the personal abuse. It sounds harsh but if it works the **** it. Give him loads :lol:

mcleish is the master of his own downfall at villa.

i agree a minority of fans have stupid expectations, all clubs have these types, but most villa fans i meet, speak to at the game are all in agreement that the emergance of man city curtailed our ambitions and think around the top 10 is our level, such as everton.

after last seasons turmoil we needed a manager who could install confidence in players after houllier destroyed it within a month of joining the club, the players had gone from having MON telling them everyday how good they were and to believe in themselves. to houllier telling them they were unfit and not good enough, end then onto mcleish

he blames the players for his shortcomings. it is so **** obvious that we cant defend and we buckle under any sort of sustained pressure, so he sets us up to defend and then hit the long ball. then when we inevitably concede his standing on the touch line flailing his arms around like a coke head at a rave going tits at the players.

not once this season has he stood infront of the camera and said "i take the blame, i got the tactics wrong on this one" its always "how can you win games when we defend as bad as that?" i dunno alex, you were the defender that, as you so smugly say won the cup winners cup with aberdeen so you have some pedigree as a centre half, yet cant teach ours how to clear a **** corner or even attack one at the opposite end.

our players look scared to go past the half way line, the only players in our team that have any sort of self confidence are ireland and zog, the 2 players his fallen out with because they dont defend for 90 minutes like he asks. we the fans have to take some blame, the atmosphere at villa park over the last 18 months has been poisonous. every pass that goes astray, wrong decision is greeted with groans and boos, hardly a conductive atmos that only seems to scare the players even more.

is lambert the answer? id say he has a better chance of succeding than mcleish, because he is like MON, makes ok players look good. wheres as mcleish makes ok players shocking.

You mean Houllier told them the truth. How bloody dare he!

Player power is a pandmenic and it pisses me off. They were not fit enough, Bodymoor was like a holiday camp under ONeill. Three day week? No wonder they were fed up with training morning AND afternoon, jeez.

You want to win things, you work at it. If you are not prepared too (Dunne, Collins, Warnock etc) then get out, simple as.

The Tottenham protest 100% needs to go ahead. It will be confirmation McLeish had better not be here next season. The little protest at the Bolton game, has finally got us noticed in the media and the Tottenham game i believe will be the demise of Mcleish and a reason he personally will not want to be here next season weather Lerner wants him here or not.

I actually thinks if he makes a decent pitch at the end of season review - he will get the green light to carry on.

With 2 relegations in 3 PL season - and likley to escape this one by 1 point - he must know that things aren't going to get better next season - especially with limited funds.

I think the instigator of a parting of the waves will be Mcleish - I think Randy will see a falling wage bill \ a injury list - and tell him to carry on. I don't think Mcleish however will put his family through all that stress again.

I don't care what you say. Houllier would have had us playing great football at AVFC , he had great training methods and after maybe 3 seasons we would have been a winning club. I never cared what he said in the media about Liverpool blah blah, he could have called my sister a slut, if he was entertaining me which I believe he would have been , I would have been happy to have him here long term. I haven't got sister by the way. :)

Player power is a pandmenic and it pisses me off. They were not fit enough, Bodymoor was like a holiday camp under ONeill. Three day week? No wonder they were fed up with training morning AND afternoon, jeez.

Under houllier and Mcleish we've had terrible injury problems.

Maybe MON had his training methods for a reason and not to just let players do what they want.

I don't care what you say. Houllier would have had us playing great football at AVFC , he had great training methods and after maybe 3 seasons we would have been a winning club. I never cared what he said in the media about Liverpool blah blah, he could have called my sister a slut, if he was entertaining me which I believe he would have been , I would have been happy to have him here long term. I haven't got sister by the way. :)

You haven't got a sister!

Shit, then who's sister was it who I called a slut earlier?

There were some rumours about MON that I am not allowed to post here, but they definitely make sense.

As for McLeish, he is gone. Stop panicking. Concentrate on survival and maybe we can believe again but we must also make sure Randy is held accountable.

I actually thinks if he makes a decent pitch at the end of season review - he will get the green light to carry on.

With 2 relegations in 3 PL season - and likley to escape this one by 1 point - he must know that things aren't going to get better next season - especially with limited funds.

I think the instigator of a parting of the waves will be Mcleish - I think Randy will see a falling wage bill \ a injury list - and tell him to carry on. I don't think Mcleish however will put his family through all that stress again.

No no no! Randy cannot risk it surely. Falling wage bill yeah, but with our league position McLeish has lost Randy millions and with a low number of season tickets being purchased he will only lose him more. Its a risk I don't think even Randy could take. Although with the shit we will give him at the Tottenham game he will not want to be here anyway.

There is some talk of some kind of 'release clause' in McLeish's contract if we underperform...I would assume that he needs to see out the full season for any clause to kick-in, hence no sacking now

I think the level of personal abuse directed at him against Bolton really got to him.

Seems like the way forward is to increase the personal abuse. It sounds harsh but if it works the **** it. Give him loads :lol:

I agree entirely, we must do eveything we can to get him out. Keep the pressure on until he goes.

He says he is thick skinned, if I was on his salary then I would be.

Obviously our first priority is survival but Mcleish has got to go ASAP.

Agreed. We can't stop now. We're almost there.
I also agree. We need the press and TV media to take notice. Need it to be on all back pages and headline news on SSN TV, national and local sports news, also MOTD.

I remember the General saying that if Randy is not at a game, he gets live TV feeds so we need to make constant loud noise at Mcleish to make Randy aware, while also giving loud support for our team to keep us up. If we walk out of Villa Park with sore throats it'll be worth it.

Relegation would be a travesty, keeping Mcleish is just as painful.

Lets hope Randy don't give him 40 million to spend in the summer thinking it'll make us accept him and keep us happy, I can see him doing this, we know what the **** like.

Not that I think he is staying???

I agree entirely, we must do eveything we can to get him out. Keep the pressure on until he goes.

I actually disagree with this.

He will certainly leave at the end of the season so there is no need to give him personal abuse. He wants to succeed and has worked hard for our club, but he just hasn't been good enough. It is RL who is culpable for appointing him in the first place. No one deserves that abuse for trying and failing.

As much as I want him to go, I believe it is already all over for him and to personally abuse him wil reflect poorly on the integrity of the Villa fans so I won't be joining in with any chanting.

Lets hope Randy don't give him 40 million to spend in the summer thinking it'll make us accept him and keep us happy, I can see him doing this, we know what the **** like.

Not that I think he is staying???

NO, we need him to be gone before then. We must tell Mcleish how welcome he is at Villa Park on Sunday. I predict a ........resignation

Is the Spuds match being televised?

If it is and there is a demonstration then it will be like pissing in the wind. You'll get rid of the problem but it will come back on you.

McLeish will get the sympathy vote from the media and fellow managers while the fans will be made to look foolish.

He's already gone after the next two games so let the chairman do his job and let him pull the trigger.

Is the Spuds match being televised?

If it is and there is a demonstration then it will be like pissing in the wind. You'll get rid of the problem but it will come back on you.

McLeish will get the sympathy vote from the media and fellow managers while the fans will be made to look foolish.

He's already gone after the next two games so let the chairman do his job and let him pull the trigger.

It is not guaranteed, I don't think we can risk being quiet!

I actually disagree with this.

He will certainly leave at the end of the season so there is no need to give him personal abuse. He wants to succeed and has worked hard for our club, but he just hasn't been good enough. It is RL who is culpable for appointing him in the first place. No one deserves that abuse for trying and failing.

As much as I want him to go, I believe it is already all over for him and to personally abuse him wil reflect poorly on the integrity of the Villa fans so I won't be joining in with any chanting.

THIS.

The bloke has undoubtedly put all his effort into this, he'd have wanted to have proven the doubters wrong, have made the minority who hold his Blues background against him eat humble pie. He's done nothing to deserve the level of hounding people are directing at him. Inadequate coach for our football team - yes....vile human being - no.

People, it's football, get a grip.

Some fans believe McLeish will definitely be gone at the end of the season, others don't trust Lerner and think McLeish will still be around for next season.

Those of us that want to protest to get a message across will do so and those that don't won't.

That's it. End of.

Â