The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

We are a small minority, we are not being heard. There are still more fans happy to keep him, this is the problem. We get carried away on this forum thinking everyone is anti McLeish. Look outside the box, not many can be bothered and are happy for him to stay and give him a chance. Someone said to me yesterday, "he can do nothing in 1 season", it so makes me mad. I told them there is not 1% of progress or development under McLeish. They said "give him time"......arrrrghhhhh!

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest if we sack McLeish and appoint Martinez its just another false dawn

We need a proven, high calibre manager that befits a club of our potential

We are not Wigan or Norwich or Swansea

Scholari, Capello, Koeman, Rijkaard, that's the type of short list randy needs to work on

Houllier was a proven big name/wage manager. His last jobs before us were Liverpool and Lyon. McLiesh wasn't a false dawn, don't think anyone thought anything good would come of the appointment.

Scholari = Massive flop in the Premier League.

Capello = He's old and would want about £5 million a year. Not for Villa.

Koeman = Never seems to last much longer than a season at a club.

Frank Rijkaard, yeah maybe he might work, would he come here?

Martinez builds teams and legacy's for the teams when he leaves, we need someone like that. You only have to look what he got going at Swansea to see. He's got Wigan playing some decent football now too on a pretty non existent budget. Seems well tuned into football, a clever bloke.

And he's Spanish.

To be honest if we sack McLeish and appoint Martinez its just another false dawn

Scholari, Capello, Koeman, Rijkaard, that's the type of short list randy needs to work on

For a start, take a look at the league, those clubs you mention are not only for the most part above us, but every one of them plays better football.

The rest sounds like you found the foreign LMA list. We do not need a fancy dan, we need to change the habits of a Villa lifetime. That takes a young progressive manager, a clear mandate, a few quid and the most important ingredient, TIME.

Look at what your list has achieved managing in Europe then argue your case.

The question is (apart from a Facebook group trying to get banners and leaflets produced for a protest at the home game to Spurs) what is anyone doing about it?

The answer is '**** All'.

Aren't those renewing their season tickets giving a mandate to Lerner to basically say "carry on regardless because we will still be pumping money into your business"?

So if McLeish is still here next season then there are 1000's who will have to look at themselves and say "what did I do to help when my club needed it"?

In my opinion, it is a bit like voting Tory at the last general election and then spending the next 4-5 years moaning about the fact that the government has stitched you up.

Totally unbelievable!

Good shout mate, that's exactly how I feel about it all.

where is this fbook group?

Facebook Page:

Aston Villa Supporters - We don't want Alex McLeish

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aston-Villa-Supporters-We-dont-want-Alex-McLeish/138020092940721

The question is (apart from a Facebook group trying to get banners and leaflets produced for a protest at the home game to Spurs) what is anyone doing about it?

Aren't those renewing their season tickets giving a mandate to Lerner to basically say "carry on regardless because we will still be pumping money into your business"?

So if McLeish is still here next season then there are 1000's who will have to look at themselves and say "what did I do to help when my club needed it"?

In my opinion, it is a bit like voting Tory at the last general election and then spending the next 4-5 years moaning about the fact that the government has stitched you up.

Totally unbelievable!

I don't think you can say attending games (let alone renewing a season ticket for half a grand) can in any way be interpreted as a negative thing to do. Jesus, the people renewing now deserve **** medals.

For a start, take a look at the league, those clubs you mention are not only for the most part above us, but every one of them plays better football.

The rest sounds like you found the foreign LMA list. We do not need a fancy dan, we need to change the habits of a Villa lifetime. That takes a young progressive manager, a clear mandate, a few quid and the most important ingredient, TIME.

Look at what your list has achieved managing in Europe then argue your case.

They are all proven winners in the game

Winning is a state of mind, it's something we haven't had down the villa for decades

Totally unbelievable!

I don't think you can say attending games (let alone renewing a season ticket for half a grand) can in any way be interpreted as a negative thing to do. Jesus, the people renewing now deserve **** medals.

I didn't say it was a negative thing to do. I asked the question:

It is possible that the action of renewal will be seen in this way by Lerner and co.

Well if I were AMC and I knew I was losing Downing and Young the first thing i'd say to Randy before taking the job is that "I will lower the wage bill and lose quality players as long as you give me time to get my own players" ......... This summer I can only imagine there's going to be a huge overhaul in the squad. AMC will have a chance to bring in his own players and Randy will give him the opportunity to do that. If we're still in a relegation battle by Xmas next season then he will be gone IMO.

Whilst I think our squad are capable of a higher position then where are at the minute, I don't think our squad is very good at all. In a way McLeish deserves the chance to get in his own players and then try it.... but i'd rather he didn't. :D

don't forget when we were fielding, Bent, Dunne, Petrov, the results weren't great.

I think until around a month ago Mcleish may have got another season (but i don't agree he was getting funds). The failure of the £300 season ticket offer - and the closeness of the relegation zone have changed all that.

You can't just give up the villa, I tried under GED, I found it hard to stay away for more than a month

I haven't given up the Villa. I even tolerated going down under O'Leary and Houllier and was still prepared to renew my season tickets.

However, the brand of football under McLeish and the lack of consideration for the fans by our owner (even Ellis went to games!) will not see another penny come out of my pocket and into the AVFC bank account until such time as I can see that there is hope.

I have supported Villa since the 1960's and will continue to support them and I have had two season tickets for a number of years but there comes a time when I say enough is enough and that time is now as I will no longer be treated like shit and expected to watch it too.

"on April 21st 2012, Alex McLeish produced an outstanding display of tactical awareness by securing a 0-0 win against the formidable Sunderland. Following the final wistle, McLeish and his tactical genius assistant, Peter Grant, Celebrated in a mature and professional manner by giving each other piggy backs up and down the touch line whilst clenching their fists and saluting the crowd.

The calls for McLeish to be the man that leads England into the European Championships have grown louder following the performance of his men, with certain sections of the media calling him "The man to motivate a nation"

"on April 21st 2012, Alex McLeish produced an outstanding display of tactical awareness by securing a 0-0 win against the formidable Sunderland. Following the final wistle, McLeish and his tactical genius assistant, Peter Grant, Celebrated in a mature and professional manner by giving each other piggy backs up and down the touch line whilst clenching their fists and saluting the crowd.

The calls for McLeish to be the man that leads England into the European Championships have grown louder following the performance of his men, with certain sections of the media calling him "The man to motivate a nation"

Blose fans have been all over that page recently. Just a couple of weeks ago the picture at the top was updated to this:

Alexmcleish2012.jpg

And if you click on it, it says it was submitted by a user called "the great mcleish".

We are a small minority, we are not being heard. There are still more fans happy to keep him, this is the problem. We get carried away on this forum thinking everyone is anti McLeish. Look outside the box, not many can be bothered and are happy for him to stay and give him a chance. Someone said to me yesterday, "he can do nothing in 1 season", it so makes me mad. I told them there is not 1% of progress or development under McLeish. They said "give him time"......arrrrghhhhh!

Most of you have just proved this theory by not even responding to this. I dont think there is more than 25% of fans on here who would protest at a match. This is the problem, we can all talk about how shit he is (proof is over 900 pages) but when it comes down to action we all bottle it. Same situation at the ground. We will be seeing him at the start of next season I promise you. Its only a handful of fans who disagree with his management the board will be saying and we will only have ourselves to blame.

Protesting is pointless. We protested when he was appointed and it meant nothing. It just makes a club look small-time and the fans look ridiculous.

As others have said staying away is the only way to really protest. I will be at the Bolton game on Tuesday supporting the players but still giving shit to McLeish whenever possible.

Most of you have just proved this theory by not even responding to this. I dont think there is more than 25% of fans on here who would protest at a match. This is the problem, we can all talk about how shit he is (proof is over 900 pages) but when it comes down to action we all bottle it. Same situation at the ground. We will be seeing him at the start of next season I promise you. Its only a handful of fans who disagree with his management the board will be saying and we will only have ourselves to blame.

Whilst there's 900 pages of people moaning, there's only about 300 season ticket holders on this forum judging by the other thread.

As the above poster states, protesting is pointless because as posted over and over again, McLeish is doing exactly what Randy wants... his immediate concern is the wage bill and McLeish is lowering it. There's nothing more to it then that. Houllier got far more shit then McLeish is getting and Randy didnt sack him. Randy will not give in to fan pressure. His long term plan for the club doesnt involve sacking the man achieving his plans.

Protests are pointless,Banners inside the ground are forbidden,support the team but let McLeish/Board know our feelings at appropriate times vocally,the main thing for now is survival in the PL above all else,the players need our support.

Â