The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

yep, **** fergie and his remarkable job bollocks and lee dixon, the back patting that this clown will get if he keeps us up will be shambolic

If we stay up it'll be "McLeish has done a fantastic job this season to keep Villa up after the injuries and the sales of Young and Downing. If the Villa fans can get behind McLeish they'll be competing for Europe next season. McLeish is a top manager". Then when we're struggling next season it'll be "McLeish wasn't backed. Any manager would've struggled under those circumstances. The Villa fans need to get off his back and forget about where he came from".

Bunch of rocket polishers the lot of them.

This sums it up perfectly forms.

Fergie going on yesterday about what a great job McUseless is doing. **** off Fergie. This bloke is a clown of the highest order.

Why can't anyone outside Villa Park see that this guy is a **** idiot and shit at his job?

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, **** fergie and his remarkable job bollocks and lee dixon, the back patting that this clown will get if he keeps us up will be shambolic

If we stay up it'll be "McLeish has done a fantastic job this season to keep Villa up after the injuries and the sales of Young and Downing. If the Villa fans can get behind McLeish they'll be competing for Europe next season. McLeish is a top manager". Then when we're struggling next season it'll be "McLeish wasn't backed. Any manager would've struggled under those circumstances. The Villa fans need to get off his back and forget about where he came from".

Bunch of rocket polishers the lot of them.

This sums it up perfectly forms.

Fergie going on yesterday about what a great job McUseless is doing. **** off Fergie. This bloke is a clown of the highest order.

Why can't anyone outside Villa Park see that this guy is a **** idiot and shit at his job?

I think they can. Quite a few are starting to have digs. mark lawrenson used to say he was a good manager every week. He doesnt now, says hes been too negative and has mentioned links to Lambert taking over

Oh, and about Fergie, he even came out and backed McLeish when he was appointed as well. Seriously, I wish he'd just **** off sticking his nose into the business of other clubs. If he likes him so much why doesn't he appoint him assistant manager?

They are not going to just come out slating him. They have to form professional opinions. Its not Villa Talk you know :D

I wonder what the professional take on 1 home win in 6 months is

...Kendrick hasn't got a back bone. A recent article he did, which was suppose to be on a number of topics involving the Villa, with questions coming from fans, was a joke. The clown edited it so the first question was from someone asking him whether he was annoyed at the anti-Mcleish Brigade.

He knows how the fans feel, and knew this would annoy a lot of us, so god know why he thought it would be a good idea to the edit the piece in this way.

A pedant points out that he's not the editor. I doubt he edited it. I agree with the sentiment re easy ride etc. but to blame him for editing decisions would be unfair. Alternatively he might have written it that way to start with, in which case it's an even fairer point.

And I agree with Trent, Tim Abraham is very good.

They are not going to just come out slating him. They have to form professional opinions. Its not Villa Talk you know :D

I wonder what the professional take on 1 home win in 6 months is

As Dwight Yorke says - not good enough

As Ray Wilkins says - Shouldnt be happening

They are not going to start the 'who the **** in the right mind would appoint this MClueless word removed'! They can also probably see that our vastly overpaid players are as much if not more of a disgrace to themselves and the fans.

There's considered opinions taking everything into account, and there's going easy on people so as to keep everything nice and shiny and happy and smiley. I know which I think they do.

There's considered opinions taking everything into account, and there's going easy on people so as to keep everything nice and shiny and happy and smiley. I know which I think they do.
Exactly. I don't expect the pundits to sound like us on here. However, it would be nice for them to at least recognise that the job McLeish has done is not good enough and that he was never accepted here not because of where he came from but because of results and performances. I am so sick of the media implying that we're against him because of where he came from.

A few weeks ago I would have agreed, but I sense a slow and small shift in opinions.

And whatever people say, and i am firmly against Mcleish following the Arsenal joke - no one can deny that the injuries have been ridiculous. Every game we have lost somebody.

Yes we should have gained more points by now, but I dont think anyone can argue that with a full squad or a near full squad for the last 2 months, we would have at least 2 or 3 more points and would be safe.

Another thing we don't really take into account with McLeish is that he playing the same football every game, other teams now know how to play against us. It easy watch a couple of our games you can see ya self how easy it is to beat us. This is why im finding it hard to think we will wjn any more games this season.

...Kendrick hasn't got a back bone. A recent article he did, which was suppose to be on a number of topics involving the Villa, with questions coming from fans, was a joke. The clown edited it so the first question was from someone asking him whether he was annoyed at the anti-Mcleish Brigade.

He knows how the fans feel, and knew this would annoy a lot of us, so god know why he thought it would be a good idea to the edit the piece in this way.

A pedant points out that he's not the editor. I doubt he edited it. I agree with the sentiment re easy ride etc. but to blame him for editing decisions would be unfair. Alternatively he might have written it that way to start with, in which case it's an even fairer point.

And I agree with Trent, Tim Abraham is very good.

Also, to expand on that point, I think one thing we can all agree on is our current Board are not a fan of the media.

I know for a fact that employees of the Club are banned from saying anything negative about the results/Villa in general and there have been reports that they have banned anti-McLeish/Lerner banners from the ground. All of this points to a very paranoid and dictatorial Board. The Birmingham Mail, like all newspapers, is struggling and relies massively on having a healthy relationship with the Villa. Do you honestly think it's surprising that ultra negative comments are edited somewhat? The last thing they want is being banned from approaching the Villa/ interviewing the manager etc - you may laugh - but it has happened at other Clubs and it could quite easily happen here unless the Mail 'play the game'.

Mat Kendrick is fully aware of the fans' feelings and I'm sure he would, in an ideal world, love to report in a way which better represents the majority opinion of the fanbase. Like it or not, that is the situation and accusing Mat of having 'no backbone' really isn't looking at the bigger picture.

I agree I get the impression Kendrick in particular relises McLiesh is shit but how harsh can he be ,he has a job to do to pay the bills.He piss's Villa off then they won't let him have any stories.

The PR from the club in the main when it comes to football matter's is shit.Sponsorship , charity events etc they are fine but from the moment MON walked the messing around getting Houllier in , the debacle replacing him have left us looking like a conference side ..then employing a relegated manager from our derby rivals was so unbelievably bad in the PR stakes.If that wasn't bad enough they organise a get together with some fans and Mcliesh to smooth things over in which we are told Downing won't go for less than 50 mil and we will play attacking forward ,Mcliesh was held back by the players he had at Birmingham all proving to be utter bollocks !!

Doesn't Kendrick post on here? Or is that some other hack?

I think you'll find a far less unbiased Kendrickposts on here. And when I'm ready the useless ginger jock c-unit will feel my wrath. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

It is obvious every time we play how badly coached we are. The positioning and movement of our players is attrocious and has been all season, this is directly due to coaching. There are no excuses for this, it is just manegerial incompetence. Just look at all the teams with 'lesser' players than us in the league who are streets ahead in terms of the way that they play. How the 'experts' on the media mostly overlook this is beyond me. These 'experts' were even saying we started the season well when we drew most of our games in the easiest set of fixtures of all time.

Our defending is obviously abysmal. Even the 'good' defending that we do is 'last ditch defending' where players throw themselves in the way of shots or slide in from miles away because they were out of position in the first place.

We have been rank all season in almost every game I have seen. I'm not even sure if we play negative/defensive football as this would mean we were well set up and hard to break down. The problem is we just can't play any kind of football full stop. If we avoid relegation then it's only because of how bad other teams are.

No team Mc***** has managed has ever had more than 1 good season under his 'stewardship', and I grew up in scotland and have seen his teams play on hundreds of occasions. I think he has had about 4 good seasons in 17 odd years as a manager, been relegated 3 times, had 4+ relegation battles and finished 3rd with Rangers including 10 games without a win. His signings have been mostly poor, he can't get the most out of limited players and he has no honour as he has quit every time a better offer has come along (the only exception was Rangers where he was forced out).

He is an unmitigated disaster as a manager with no redeeming qualities. I truly despise him as he has robbed me of my enjoyment of football; I feel nothing but apathy anymore.

Why should this buffoon be allowed to steal our club from us? He MUST be forced out.

Â