The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder which abject defeat has been McContain's favourite match this season, nominees include:

Spurs away (0-2)

Man United home (0-1)

Liverpool home (0-2)

Swansea home (0-2)

Arsenal away (0-3)

Man United away (0-4)

I've supported the Villa all my life, but I'm the first to admit I watch them very rarely nowadays, so must bow to the superior knowledge of those who follow them on a weekly basis. However, I wish to make the following 3 points:

1. Clearly Lerner thought a premier football club would be a cash cow... and perhaps for him it already is... I don't know... but it most certainly is not a labour of love into which he is prepared to pour his private wealth, as the Villa might be for the rest of us. Incidentally I understand his 'beloved' Cleveland Browns are in an even worse state than are we... or perhaps I'm misinformed

2. I left Brum when I was 4 years old, so I never have to suffer the Blue Brigade. Consequently it was a matter of indifference to me that we picked up their manager. I like McLeish. It was not his fault we lost Milner, Barry, Young and Downing. Until we can hold on to such players mid table mediocrity is the very best we can ever hope for.

3. I can not give chapter and verse on the ability or potential the McLeish team, but I am delighted he is playing the youngsters... this is a policy I have long advocated. Whether or not this particular batch are up to it, who knows... I just hope we stick with both them and McLeish for a few more years yet... otherwise it's 'all back to the starting line' once again... and we will truly never get anywhere.

You have moved away and you don't watch the team play, and you don't know much about the youngsters.?

So, How the **** can you comment on something you clearly know nothing about ?.

Because he is a Villa supporter contributing to a forum where Villa supporters share their different, and some times opposing views?

There are no better, or more qualified supporters, we are all just supporters.

I've supported the Villa all my life, but I'm the first to admit I watch them very rarely nowadays, so must bow to the superior knowledge of those who follow them on a weekly basis. However, I wish to make the following 3 points:

1. Clearly Lerner thought a premier football club would be a cash cow... and perhaps for him it already is... I don't know... but it most certainly is not a labour of love into which he is prepared to pour his private wealth, as the Villa might be for the rest of us. Incidentally I understand his 'beloved' Cleveland Browns are in an even worse state than are we... or perhaps I'm misinformed

2. I left Brum when I was 4 years old, so I never have to suffer the Blue Brigade. Consequently it was a matter of indifference to me that we picked up their manager. I like McLeish. It was not his fault we lost Milner, Barry, Young and Downing. Until we can hold on to such players mid table mediocrity is the very best we can ever hope for.

3. I can not give chapter and verse on the ability or potential the McLeish team, but I am delighted he is playing the youngsters... this is a policy I have long advocated. Whether or not this particular batch are up to it, who knows... I just hope we stick with both them and McLeish for a few more years yet... otherwise it's 'all back to the starting line' once again... and we will truly never get anywhere.

You have moved away and you don't watch the team play, and you don't know much about the youngsters.?

And who are you to pass judgement on him?

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, however extreme and opinions can change such is the nature of football

And it doesn't need one fan abusing another fan and vice versa if opinions differ

Usually he plays for a 0-0 'win' but yesterday he played for a 2-0 'win' (i.e, he classes it as a hard fought game with positives, for him looking for a 2-0 loss is a good result) and he came away with a 4-0 loss (in his eyes would equal a 2-0 loss) he is so **** anti football. It is about keeping his loss levels down rather than win levels up.

First thing I do every morning is check if he has been sacked.

Anyone who thinks he is doing a good job must be blind, because we finished 9th last year and this year we are battling relegation.. something is very wrong.. McLeish is not the right man for the job, and never will be.

Now we are **** be he is going to bring in all his shitty players this summer, and when he gets sacked we will be left with a squad full of AM shit players.. we are screwed.

Spurs away (0-2)

Man United home (0-1)

Liverpool home (0-2)

Swansea home (0-2)

Arsenal away (0-3)

Man United away (0-4)

spurs, horrible horrible game

6 defenders in one team absolute garbage, most embarassing moment in my history of supporting the club

Agreed!

read carefully what he says.

He admits he knows virtually nothing about ANYTHING going on at the club.

So, how can he then state he hope it carries on in the same vein, with a totally inept and unpopular manager.

He is not a supporter, he may be a fan, but he is not a supporter.

It does not make his point any less valid, but he may as well be a Crewe or Aldershot fan coming on here and giving his two pence worth.

He has gotta go whatever happens. After 18 seasons of having a season ticket i am seriously now considering not renewing if he is in charge next season. Of all the years ive been going down the villa i have never seen the players lack so much belief about winning a game of football and that all comes from the manager.

The board deserve critisism for appointing him too and if the papers are right about us having a £40,000 a week wage cap for new signings then if it isn't this year we go down it will be next season or the season after the way were going.

read carefully what he says.

He admits he knows virtually nothing about ANYTHING going on at the club.

So, how can he then state he hope it carries on in the same vein, with a totally inept and unpopular manager.

He is not a supporter, he may be a fan, but he is not a supporter.

It does not make his point any less valid, but he may as well be a Crewe or Aldershot fan coming on here and giving his two pence worth.

Maybe you should re-read what he said?

All he says is...

I've supported the Villa all my life, but I'm the first to admit I watch them very rarely nowadays.

He doesnt say anything about not knowing much about the youngsters. How does he admit that he knows nothing about the whats going on at the club? He just states that he doesnt watch them often.

Â