The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Is it time to protest the club? I mean REALLY protest the club?

I think the time has come... but it needs to be done properly, loads of different groups will not work, thuggery, swearing and stupid actions will not work. It needs to be combined, it needs to attract attention, it needs the media to see and listen to what we want them to know.

It needs to be a collective and it needs to be strong and firm.

We need people who can write, people who can talk, people who can motivate, people with time to do all the little bits, we need to combine forces for printing, posting letters, making phone calls.

We need to do it right and we need to make sure Lerner answers to us.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a decent protest song/chant. One that supports the team and makes everyone aware we want McLeish gone. Someone get Joan Baez on the phone.

McLeish out, my lord, McLeish out...

A protest will mean nothing to our absentee landlord, if you want to get his attention you just don't bother to attend anymore games, don't renew your season tickets and let the ticket office know why you are doing this when they contact you.

It's the only way you'll make Lerner & co sit up and take any notice.

one of the remaining home games should be totally boycotted.

the bolton game would be the best. a midweek game with nobody there would be a great way to make a statement

All the calls for protests, letters, phone calls whatever is reminiscent of the sketch from the film 'Life of Brian' where the People's Front of Judea sit around passing resolutions and debating and deliberating and making decisions but never actually do anything.

This is just like Villa fans.

We all sit and moan on here and in the Birmingham Mail and some of us even bothered to make a few banners and protest outside VP just before a game once but the reality is nobody will do anything.

Anyone that dares to suggest shouting anti McLeish comments during a game is criticised by others on here because it will 'Harm the Players' and anyone who dares to suggest holding a protest outside VP is criticised by others on here as it would be considered 'Small Time'. Anyone who dares to suggest boycotting a game or not renewing their season ticket is criticised by others on here and then brandished as 'Not Being a Real Fan'.

So there you have it. Nobody will do anything because that is what Villa fans do. We will moan and just put up with the shit we are being dealt.

We need a decent protest song/chant. One that supports the team and makes everyone aware we want McLeish gone. Someone get Joan Baez on the phone.

The problem with a protest song is that it involves being at Villa Park to actually sing it.

The best form of protest would be to simply not turn up at all until he's gone.

I'm going to the Sunderland game (£13 Viagogo :winkold:) and I usually buy alcohol in the ground to numb the pain. I'm may have to smuggle in some contraband to support the boycott.

The problem with a protest song is that it involves being at Villa Park to actually sing it.

The best form of protest would be to simply not turn up at all until he's gone.

Having said that, IF you must go then the Chelsea fans chanting for Jose Mourinho was pretty much the final nail in AVB's coffin. So chanting for a previous manager may be the way forwards.

Having said that, IF you must go then the Chelsea fans chanting for Jose Mourinho was pretty much the final nail in AVB's coffin. So chanting for a previous manager may be the way forwards.

I refuse to chant for MON... Gregory/Little?

Big Fat Rons claret and blue army 8)

Little or Big Fat Ron for me personally.

It's normally the away fans that do it but how about the old, "sacked in the morning, we hope you're sacked in the morning..."?

Coming from the home fans should be a pretty clear message.

A reminder of how deluded he is;

"I know that some people have sought to perpetuate a myth that I am a naturally defensively-minded manager. However, this is a case of certain people not letting the facts get in the way of a good story. Having played in an Aberdeen team that got used to winning trophies regularly - including the European Cup Winners Cup - and having steered Glasgow Rangers to seven trophies in three seasons, I can assure you that my appetite for attacking, winning football is second to none. I am aware that the myth about me being defensively-minded has concerned some Villa fans who rightly relish seeing their team playing fluent, attacking football. However, please be assured that I share your desire to see Villa play dynamic, exciting football which entertains whilst, of course, securing the results we all want."

Little or Big Fat Ron for me personally.

I dont remember little Ron :lol:

Â