The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I'd say with the players we have, we are slightly underachieving

We should be about 12th not 15th

8th-10th for me. 11th maybe.

We're massively underachieving, just like last season. However, last season we managed to finish in a respectable position. Will it be the same this season? Probably not. McLeish is just too negative. We'll never finish higher than 12th with him.

There is very little to choose between the squads and abilities of the teams between 8th and 14th I would say, they all have their strengths and weaknesses in equal measure. Some have excellent managers getting poor squads to over achieve, some have poor managers underachieving with quality squads (I'm looking/laughing at you Liverpool).

Unfortunately we are not even in the midtable group, we have managed to create a little mini section all for ourselves where we are not quite as shite as the relegation fodder but not good enough for midtable, 5 points to the nearest team below, 5 points to the nearest team above. A poor manager combined with an imbalanced squad will do that.

He is turning us into Birmingham City, he was given both time and money there and filled his team with hard working but uninspiring players. They were always low scoring, they always drew alot, they were always dull and boring. He will turn us into that too, because that is his way. He knows no other way.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morpheus, wake up. Negative tactics waste players like Bent Nzog, not losing young or downing. I dread to think who McLeish will bring in If he is given money in the summer. He spent plenty with his time at blues but still managed to get them relegated twice????

It does'nt really matter how much money he has to spend or who he spends it on,with his negative tactics and pathetic man management skills he will turn anyone he buys into useless defensive players who can't defend.

We could buy Messi and McStupid would turn him into a defensive forward.

This is so true. If he stays and is given substantial transfer funds in the summer i will be even more pissed than i am now with his style of play. Please please Randy wake up and fire this poor excuse of a manager or you will be wasting more money. He has no future here at our club. I would rather not buy any players and use the money to sack McLeish and bring in Someone with a bit of managerial quality.

I just cant wait till we get a new manager in so that we can start playing like Barca again. We have the players to do it but Mcnegative is holding us back. I want sexy football back at Villa park and all it will take is for Randy ro sack this clown and the new guy to come in and wave his magic wand and... Kazzam! All the overpaid underperforming clowns in the squad will suddenly turn into world beaters. That includes the magical stevie Ireland. We know hes class but mcnegative is holding him back. Did nobody see that pass he made ten games ago in the 17th minute that almost found its target?? It was a glimpse of his wonder season at shitty. The messiah is waiting in the wings to save us from obscurity but megative is holding him back

I just cant wait till we get a new manager in so that we can start playing like Barca again. We have the players to do it but Mcnegative is holding us back. I want sexy football back at Villa park and all it will take is for Randy ro sack this clown and the new guy to come in and wave his magic wand and... Kazzam! All the overpaid underperforming clowns in the squad will suddenly turn into world beaters. That includes the magical stevie Ireland. We know hes class but mcnegative is holding him back. Did nobody see that pass he made ten games ago in the 17th minute that almost found its target?? It was a glimpse of his wonder season at shitty. The messiah is waiting in the wings to save us from obscurity but megative is holding him back

Ohhh I get ya. So the best way forward is keep McLeish and give him 50-60 million to spend bring in his sort of quality players and then he will train them to play like Barca. Happy families!

It's the lowest form of wit you know? :winkold:

How sad can you get?

Sorry. I stepped out of line there for a moment. Dont know what came over me. Please allow me to fall back into line.

Mcleish out.

Am i back in the cool gang now?

No! But your back in the sane gang!

If you want him to stay, please give your reasons, we would love to know?

You're clearly missing the point. Nobody thinks everything will be all fine once McLeish leaves. Our squad is average and people know that. However, we've still underachieved this season and the standard of football has been shocking. We are negative and that's a fact. This is what people are unhappy about. I think the fact that you've resorted to belittling others for their opinions instead of actually providing a credible defence of McLeish just shows what a poor job he's done.

I don't think he's saying that he wants McLeish to stay, more about how everyone thinks the club would suddenly play better football and winning games once he goes..
Nobody thinks we will suddenly be world beaters if McLeish goes. However, things will be better than they are now. I don't know why this opinion is being mocked so much.

If you think sticking with McLeish is the way forward then you honestly have no place to mock others' points of view.

I don't think he's saying that he wants McLeish to stay, more about how everyone thinks the club would suddenly play better football and winning games once he goes..

I don't think it's that we suddenly would do that it's that we might give ourselves the chance of doing that. Under this manager we know the football will always be dull, negative and played to not lose rather than to win.

How do people KNOW we will suddenly be better once he goes?? I mean, everybody thought we would improve instantly once Houllier left. Look what happened.

Im not mocking anybody btw. Im just trying to offer an alternative viewpoint to the usual dross thats took up 700+ pages in this thread

How do people KNOW we will suddenly be better once he goes?? I mean, everybody thought we would improve instantly once Houllier left. Look what happened.

Im not mocking anybody btw. Im just trying to offer an alternative viewpoint to the usual dross thats took up 700+ pages in this thread

We need some fresh players there's no doubt. But we even improved when McAllister took the reins, also there's prove in O'Neil taking Sunderland and even AVB leaving Chelsea gving them a lift. remember DiMatteo got sacked by West Brom but is making Chesea look like a new team.

Â