The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sorry but Mcleish is a better manager than Allardyce, so no.

Haha brilliant, I needed a laugh.I'm not a big fan of Alaardyce's, but there's no way we'd be in the trouble we are now under him.

I know some muppet's gonna point at the fact he was sacked as Blackburn manager as a reason he's no good, but they were 9th/10th when he left, and look at them now.

If we have to cut costs and wages and have a decent manager then there is only one choice, S.Alladice.Look what he did at Bolton and look at what he is doing at the Hammers now.

He would not be my first choice as A MANAGER ....BUT when you take into account the conditions he will have to go by,he is the only choice.

Have you actually looked at what he's doing at West Ham?!!

FFS he's about as popular with their lot as AML is here. His football is sh1te.....we have had enough of that….and their imploding by the way

We need a new philosophy at this club. It’s such a pity Martinez turned us down as he started Swansea’s evolution into a good footballing side. It’s exactly what we need here. It would take time but it would be well worth it in the end.

I'm listening to the Guardian's Football Weekly podcast and one of the hosts just said 'if there's any justice in football Villa will go down' and I really can't argue with that.

He went on to say 'I feel sorry for the fans and some of the players but they are barely even trying. McLeish just seems to accept mediocrity'

Listen here http://bit.ly/H6SDMZ - 16 mins in

@Villastine:

As I said in my post " He would not be my first choice as manager But consider what conditions he will have to go by under Lerner.

What conditions?? Play sh1te football??

I think he means financial conditions. The football is just as bad under Eck as it would be under Allaradyce, we'd just be higher in the league under Allardyce IMO.

@Villastine:

As I said in my post " He would not be my first choice as manager But consider what conditions he will have to go by under Lerner.

What conditions?? Play sh1te football??

The conditions of,selling the best players,replace with bargain buys,cut wages.

Playing shite football is not a condition, it's a byproduct of having McStupid as manager.

The football is mainly shite due to the manager !!!

MON's footy was tons better than this even though our football was obvious to all we were still in for the european places.

TBH MON should never of been sacked when i put the blame mainly with Lerner because he is such an inept chairman.

I mean sending AML to see the Cleveland Browns coach who's also shocking i may add is hilarious.

Does Lerner even know the difference between a good side and a bad one or is he one of those deluded old men whos clueless.

The football is mainly shite due to the manager !!!

MON's footy was tons better than this even though our football was obvious to all we were still in for the european places.

TBH MON should never of been sacked when i put the blame mainly with Lerner because he is such an inept chairman.

I mean sending AML to see the Cleveland Browns coach who's also shocking i may add is hilarious.

Does Lerner even know the difference between a good side and a bad one or is he one of those deluded old men whos clueless.

:clap:

Yep that's the way to do it. Appoint another manager that is good at one thing, getting teams relegated.

Who has Martinez relegated?

On a shoestring, he has single handedly kept Wigan in the premier league and played fairly decent football to boot.

Did you know see Wigan, yes Wigan, play keep ball against Liverpool last week?

So what if they kept the ball and won at Liverpool. Have you not seen their league position? We beat Chelsea don't you know. Are we now saying he's a good manager because Wigan are in a relegation fight all season, Every season just to escape at the last minute? Sounds like fun.

I'm listening to the Guardian's Football Weekly podcast and one of the hosts just said 'if there's any justice in football Villa will go down' and I really can't argue with that.

Erm, I can!

If there's any justice we'll go down? Why? Because we have a shit manager and players who aren't playing to the best of their ability because they're uninspired by our shit manager?

It's a ridiculous statement. It makes it sound like Aston Villa F.C have done some harm to people, or gone on a murdeorus rampage or something. If there's any justice? What a stupid thing to say. If there are three worse teams than us in the league come the end of the season then "justice" will have been done. We don't deserve to go down any more than any other team down at the bottom of the table.

What a crock of shit.

Yep that's the way to do it. Appoint another manager that is good at one thing, getting teams relegated.

On a shoestring, he has single handedly kept Wigan in the premier league and played fairly decent football to boot.

So what if they kept the ball and won at Liverpool. Have you not seen their league position? We beat Chelsea don't you know. Are we now saying he's a good manager because Wigan are in a relegation fight all season, Every season just to escape at the last minute? Sounds like fun.

Watching Wigan under Martinez will be like watching Villa under McStupid.....only we won't be as good.

It's to be expected with the funds and the squad they have. In fact, it's an achievement that they even do escape every season.

Â