The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

If i had to pick a new manager it would be Lambert all day long. I wouldnt want any of these big name european coaches beacuse, quite frankly, theyre shite. They are only good at managing clubs with massive chequebooks, they wouldnt last 5 minutes here. Im talking the Ranieri's, Ancelottis, Benitez's of this world. I saw Rijkaards name mentioned the other day. Good grief do me a favour.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Juan Ignacio Martínez - Levante

Lucien Favre - Borussia Monchengladbach

René Girard - Montpellier

Francesco Guidolin - Udinese

These are the type of managers we should be looking at, atm maybe not realistic but still...

René Girard - René Girard Montpellier

These are the type of managers we should be looking at, atm maybe not realistic but still...

Wow I want him. He must be amazing if they re-named the team after him! :winkold:

René Girard - René Girard Montpellier

Wow I want him. He must be amazing if they re-named the team after him! :winkold:

Ha ha yes indeed!

Fixed...

We already have several Basil Fawltys at our club on the board and as manager. No need for more.

We need to bring in someone who has a long term vision for our club and indeed has the club and fans at heart. He would also need the full backing of our board for players. When Fergie became manager of Man U while watching his first game with his new club the Man U chairman asked him how many new players he would need? Fergie simply replied to a stunned chairman, 'a new team!'

While there aren't too many managers left of Fergie's quality, probably only two and they wouldn't come to us, we should however be looking at an up and coming manager who wants to build his own club from the bottom up. The very same principle that Man U used with Ferguson. He would have to be given time and in that respect it would need patience from us as well as our board. Our present board has already shown that patience in abundance, albeit criminally so with the present manager. I think we as fans would also show that patience if we could see our team making small strides forward in the way that we play and indeed the players that are signed if they are young, hungry and capable on the ball.

So, presently, is that manager out there? Rather than head hunting another team's manager such as Rodgers who is doing exactly for Swansea what we need at our club, why not look at ex villa players or go to Stan Petrov and offer him the job if we are to sack AM. He knows the club inside out. We the fans appreciate his efforts on the pitch and would certainly give him time and he could start fast tracking those coaching badges ready to take charge next season.

It is only a suggestion but as Petrov is coming to the end of his career as a first choice midfielder i think he'd jump at the chance of becoming our manager and building a new exciting dynasty at Villa and he would have the full backing of the fans and hopefully our board.

We already have several Basil Fawltys at our club on the board and as manager. No need for more.

We need to bring in someone who has a long term vision for our club and indeed has the club and fans at heart. He would also need the full backing of our board for players. When Fergie became manager of Man U while watching his first game with his new club the Man U chairman asked him how many new players he would need? Fergie simply replied to a stunned chairman, 'a new team!'

While there aren't too many managers left of Fergie's quality, probably only two and they wouldn't come to us, we should however be looking at an up and coming manager who wants to build his own club from the bottom up. The very same principle that Man U used with Ferguson. He would have to be given time and in that respect it would need patience from us as well as our board. Our present board has already shown that patience in abundance, albeit criminally so with the present manager. I think we as fans would also show that patience if we could see our team making small strides forward in the way that we play and indeed the players that are signed if they are young, hungry and capable on the ball.

So, presently, is that manager out there? Rather than head hunting another team's manager such as Rodgers who is doing exactly for Swansea what we need at our club, why not look at ex villa players or go to Stan Petrov and offer him the job if we are to sack AM. He knows the club inside out. We the fans appreciate his efforts on the pitch and would certainly give him time and he could start fast tracking those coaching badges ready to take charge next season.

It is only a suggestion but as Petrov is coming to the end of his career as a first choice midfielder i think he'd jump at the chance of becoming our manager and building a new exciting dynasty at Villa and he would have the full backing of the fans and hopefully our board.

Just in case this was lost on the back pages so to speak does anyone think Petrov would make a good manager for the reasons that i have stated above?

Too soon for Petrov, maybe in 5-10 years.

I like the idea but it's not for us atm. Im not sure we have any rescent player who is tactically astute enough. Petrov would be a huge gamble as manager but as an assistant im all for it, especially if it gets him out of the squad

If Petrov gets these ubiquitous coaching badges and earns his stripes in a smaller league for a few seasons then it might be worth considering. Otherwise it is similar to the dewy-eyed comments about getting Laursen to manage us.

OMG, Just no, I cannot wait for Petrov to go and he has shown little by way of leadership to suggest he has enough nous and strength of character to sort out those who are bleeding the club dry.

Martin Laursen springs to mind, strong character and leader but you only have to look at Southgate and Shearer to see that good players dont necesserily make good managers.

I would go for Adkins, Matthews or Poyet.

Petrov would probably make a good coach.. manager? I doubt it and I think the club needs someone who will be determined to piss off a few players if it means they leave the club otherwise they are/would be too comfortable with someone like Petrov as manager imo.

If we have to cut costs and wages and have a decent manager then there is only one choice, S.Alladice.Look what he did at Bolton and look at what he is doing at the Hammers now.

He would not be my first choice as A MANAGER ....BUT when you take into account the conditions he will have to go by,he is the only choice.

Im sorry but Mcleish is a better manager than Allardyce, so no.

I bet West Ham finish above us next season ?

Why are we looking at managers who are one trick ponies. The likes of Allardyce will sort out some of the shite and tidy up the squad, but can you see him imposing any form of football blueprint that will see us grow and compete at a higher level over the next 5 or 10 years?

I know McLeish is woeful, but jumping from the frying pan into the fire is not a good course of action.

At top level, the club should look at the work of european coaches in building a footballing side, not a football team, a footballing team. If they have a record of building a sustainable infrastructure over the next 3-5 years I would consider them as a candidate.

We are feast or famine at the moment and we seem to be lurching from one rash decision to another. Lets get the next one right!

How the feck is McLeish better than Allardyce? Allardyce never suffered relegation with Bolton in what, 6 seasons in the top flight, and took them to a 6th place finish and Europe. Add to the fact that they had 2 FA Cup semis (one where they could have beaten us in 2000) and a league cup final and it's no contest.

Nevermind the fact we could have appointed Big Sam for nothing before we paid for the 'privilege' of McLeish coming here.

Â