The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the Holte End will vent their fury towards the useless one on saturday.

A call for the Holte to boo us into the Championship :shock: <-----

Nice

For your information "The Championship" is inevitable anyway especially under the current regime...

Martinez hasn't been relegated as a manager though.

And he also isn't shit. The way he keeps Wigan going is impressive. Any decent player gets cherry picked by an other Premier League side. The fact he kept them up last season was a huge achievement.

Yep that's the way to do it. Appoint another manager that is good at one thing, getting teams relegated.

Who has Martinez relegated?

On a shoestring, he has single handedly kept Wigan in the premier league and played fairly decent football to boot.

Did you know see Wigan, yes Wigan, play keep ball against Liverpool last week?

No Martinez is a shit manager. Wigan play like shit and Swansea under him played like shit, unlike now under a decent manager where they play well. It is bollocks he has his teams play beautiful football , its just a myth. Go actually WATCH Wigan play. They are terrible and play terrible ugly tactics.

No he would be a step sideways or backwards from McLeish.

So his team got lucky against Liverpool, McLeish's team got lucky against Chelsea. It happens from time to time but both of them are consistently poor managers.

No Martinez is a shit manager. Wigan play like shit and Swansea under him played like shit, unlike now under a decent manager where they play well. It is bollocks he has his teams play beautiful football , its just a myth. Go actually WATCH Wigan play. They are terrible and play terrible ugly tactics.

So his team got lucky against Liverpool, McLeish's team got lucky against Chelsea. It happens from time to time but both of them are consistently poor managers.

I doubt that you've ever watched Wigan play. They play very good passing football, and are near the top of the possession stats. They also create far more chances per game than the teams around them, and for a team who's main striker is Franco Di Danto, that is in impressive. Also, lucky? Did you even see Wigan quite literally play Liverpool off the park?

Don't want Martinez anywhere near B6 thanks

You will forgive me if I dont value the opinion of someone who two weeks ago didnt want McLeish, but did last week and now doesnt again.

I get the feeling your footballing opinion varies dependent upon which side of bed you got out of! :-)

I doubt that you've ever watched Wigan play. They play very good passing football, and are near the top of the possession stats. They also create far more chances per game than the teams around them, and for a team who's main striker is Franco Di Danto, that is in impressive. Also, lucky? Did you even see Wigan quite literally play Liverpool off the park?

Saved me the problem of typing, this!

For the club to move forward, their needs to be a shift change in the way the club plays, coaches and nurtures its players. Martinez, Rogers, Zola, Adkins and Matthews all offer that potential.

Suppose you were banging on about Owen Coyle last summer too

Ridiculous suggestions for the next manager

This is Aston Villa FC, not a Tinpot outfit like Swansea or Wigan

We need a Van Gaal or a Rijkaard or Koeman

If we're going to change runners and riders lets do it properly next time

I doubt you have watched Wigan play with any regularity, dont be fooled by your match of the day highlights. They play shit.

Wigan didnt play anywhere near as well as Villa did when we played Chelsea off the park (ie: had a good lucky game like Wigan). So if thats your only example clearly McLeish is a better manager as Chelsea is the better team. Wolves played ManU "off the park" last year, should we get big Mick in as well?

Regardless of whether you think McLeish or Martinez is the better bottom feeder manager we should not be satisfied with our club scouring clubs who bobble long in the relegation zone.

If you want some good football and dont care about losing then lets get AVB in, it would be exciting t least. With Martinez we would lose and play dross football.

What??? Rijkaard was shit at Barcalona and Koeman was even worse at Valencia. Neither should be let near our club.

With the massive succes of our "Premiership experience-policy" towards managers i can't help wonder why people are hell bent on recruting yet another one from inside the isles?

Martinez, Hughes, Ericksson!?

Not only are they on massive wages, they are in my opinion distinctly average at best. Granted so are we atm but that's not our aim is it?

Im sure it's posted before but here's the list of the 30 highest paid managers in the world: http://www.futebolfinance.com/os-30-maiores-salarios-de-treinadores-de-futebol-2012

The premier league is heavily represented and our beloved McLeish is #20 in the world!!

If we are looking to cut cost a Premier League manager is not the way to go

The difference between Coyle and Martinez is that Martinez isn't a one-season wondrer. The job he's done at Wigan is impressive given the resources and he's not negative nor do his teams play shit football, unlike some.

Stop with the whole "We are Aston Villa FC" rubbish. You sound like a Liverpool fan. It doesn't necessarily have to be a big name manager, just the right manager.

Â