The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I had to laugh at this from the Mail:

“I’m used to, having not been the manager until this year, expecting Villa to be in the upper tiers of the Premier League,” said McLeish.

At least he's realistic enough to drop his expectations once he becomes manager :lol:

He's got to be taking the piss!

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McLeish: I can't spoon feed players

Alex McLeish has told Aston Villa's players he can't "spoon feed" them during games.

The Villa chief was reacting to his side's 3-0 defeat at Arsenal with some poor defending for the Gunners' first two goals rightly leaving him frustrated.

"At some stage you can't spoon feed them every minute of the game with tactics," he said.

"You've got to let them play and at times express themselves.

"I didn't feel that the Emirates was a place to express ourselves in terms of passing about at the back because that's not a strength of ours.

"That's no disrespect to our players as they have other qualities."

McLeish wants Villa to be more dynamic and insists that is his focus rather than the frustrations for the club's fans.

"That's not in my control," he said when asked about the club's supporters.

"I have to try and get a team that can win football matches.

"We had a very good game against Fulham a couple of weeks ago with a dynamic performance and that's the type of performances we'll need.

"Today we played everything in front of Arsenal in the first half and that's tailor-made for a team with their speed and guile.

"We never asked the players to do that. We asked them to try and play in Arsenal's half and when they've done that in the second half we had a wee bit more joy."

dynamic performance against fulham?????????????

would that be the dynamic 1-0 win in the 93rd minute when their keeper dropped the ball and it hit every part of wiemanns body before rolling in.

Jesus Christ this guy needs a slap.

You have got to let the team play and express themselves????? he hasnt done this all season and as for spoon feeding tactics him and grant are constantly waving everybody behind the ball.

I hate Mcleish so much and it gets worse everytime he opens his mouth.

He talks such bollocks all the time, why did we ever employ this ginger knob jockey. AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

“I’m used to, having not been the manager until this year, expecting Villa to be in the upper tiers of the Premier League,” said McLeish.

At least he's realistic enough to drop his expectations once he becomes manager :lol:

He's got to be taking the piss!

He loves winding the fans up. he must do when he comes out with drivvle like this all the time.

Im amazed nobody has tried to chin him at villa park :lol:

Getting rather annoyed now reading so many articles from Alex McExcuses and his use of the word "experienced" players. Its our young guns that have been our shining lights this season and have bust more of a gut than our senior players. I feel the only reason he played Heskey on Saturday was because he is 34 and not early 20's. If it wern't for Weimann and his last minute goal vs Fulham, we'd be in real trouble right now, 3 points behind Blackburn.

That was another very poor performance on Saturday, but it did remind me that we have been a poor team playing boring negative football for quite some time now.

On December 27, 2009, in O’Neill last season, we went to the Emirates in 4th place in the League with 35 points from18 games. Hopes were high at that point, but we went away with a 3-0 defeat having been even more negative and created even less in attack than we did on Saturday under McLeish (which is saying something). The only positive thing that could be said about the performance back then was that the defence was reasonably competent, and managed to frustrate Arsenal for an hour before Fabregas came on and the goals started going in. We probably “deserved” to keep the score down to 2-0 that day (if you can deserve anything for being so negative), and until they scored there was always a chance we could hold out for a 0-0. It was still very poor though, and as a spectacle the match was even worse to watch than on Saturday.

For me, that game was the beginning of the end of the dream of Villa becoming a top club for the foreseeable future. With just a few exceptions, every time I have seen Villa play since then, the performance has been somewhere between poor and inept, and sorely lacking in creativity. Under O’Neill, MacDonald, Houiller, McAllister and McLeish, it’s all been largely the same.

Having said that, McLeish has probably made things even worse. He has innovated by introducing “total negativity” even in home games (such as that dreadful showing against Man City), and there is a fragility about the defence which makes the whole exercise seem not just boring but totally pointless.

So my "defence" of McLeish here is limited. I don't blame him for making Villa "boring" (we already were), but I would say he he has aggravated the situation.

Alex McLeish has told Aston Villa's players he can't "spoon feed" them during games.

The Villa chief was reacting to his side's 3-0 defeat at Arsenal with some poor defending for the Gunners' first two goals rightly leaving him frustrated.

"At some stage you can't spoon feed them every minute of the game with tactics," he said.

"I didn't feel that the Emirates was a place to express ourselves in terms of passing about at the back because that's not a strength of ours.

McLeish wants Villa to be more dynamic and insists that is his focus rather than the frustrations for the club's fans.

"We had a very good game against Fulham a couple of weeks ago with a dynamic performance and that's the type of performances we'll need.

"Today we played everything in front of Arsenal in the first half and that's tailor-made for a team with their speed and guile.

"We never asked the players to do that. We asked them to try and play in Arsenal's half and when they've done that in the second half we had a wee bit more joy."

would that be the dynamic 1-0 win in the 93rd minute when their keeper dropped the ball and it hit every part of wiemanns body before rolling in.

You have got to let the team play and express themselves????? he hasnt done this all season and as for spoon feeding tactics him and grant are constantly waving everybody behind the ball.

He talks such bollocks all the time, why did we ever employ this ginger knob jockey. AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

Hate is such a strong word.

I **** despise the man. I wanted to give him a chance but his continuous spouting of shit is really pissing me off now.

The fact that RL & PF seem happy with the job he's doing infuriates me just as much.

Our club is somehow more of a joke now than last season.

for the good of the club he needs to go, it's not anything that he's done, just simply him being our manager brings such a downer of the place, the fans really don't want to back the team whilst he's in charge and the football is of the poorest quality than i can remember, certainly nothing to do with the players ability as we have players who can play to a good level.

Hate is such a strong word.

I **** despise the man. I wanted to give him a chance but his continuous spouting of shit is really pissing me off now.

The fact that RL & PF seem happy with the job he's doing infuriates me just as much.

Our club is somehow more of a joke now than last season.

Hate is a strong word. however i genuinely HATE him.I have reached critical mass and can no longer cope with seeing him or hearing him. he makes me physically sick!

:mrgreen:

That's a brilliant quote and sums it all up really! :mrgreen:

No doubt now we have Hutton, Nzogbia and Bent out blame will be placed in the fact we have many injuries, totally ignoring the fact we have been shite all season under him

The job he's done here is nothing short of a **** disgrace. The attitude he shows is that of a conference manager. So many times this season he's talked us down both before and after games against the "elite" teams. The ridiculously negative and defeatist attitude he displays off the pitch is also evident on it.

If he's still here by pre-season we need to do something. I mean it. We're going down next season if he's still here.

I work in Sunderland and am surrounded by Sunderland fans who think it's great to watch me rant on whenever they mention McLeish. They all openly admit that even when they had Bruce as manager he was never as bad as our current gaffer.

For me it's the lies and bullshit he spouts that makes me hate him. He must realise that what he is saying is winding the fans and players up. I've thought for a while now he's trying to get the sack to pocket some compo.

The job he's done here is nothing short of a **** disgrace. The attitude he shows is that of a conference manager. So many times this season he's talked us down both before and after games against the "elite" teams. The ridiculously negative and defeatist attitude he displays off the pitch is also evident on it.

no offence but Houllier was same last year but you never slated him

He's the most uninspiring manager I can think of. It pains me to say it but he's turning us into that shower he used to manage.
Turning? We're already there. All we need to do is to get relegated for the transformation to be complete.

I always used to look on McLeish's SHA with delight. Even last season I'd look at them and think "at least we're not that negative and boring". Now look at us. In under a year he's turned us into the exact same team. We may have different players but the way we play and the way we approach games is exactly the same.

no offence but Houllier was same last year but you never slated him

He wasn't as bad. Granted he did say some stupid things but I was willing to let them slide because although we were in a relegation battle for a lot of the season I honestly felt our performances didn't deserve that. Also, I saw some signs that if Houllier got his own squad together we wouldn't be that bad. With McLeish on the other hand I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest that things are going to get better and I also think the position we're is about right given our performances. If anything, I think we should be lower. Even when we win our performances are often less than inspiring.

Mcleish is speaking with the confidence of knowing that his job is safe no matter how bad we are.

I'm not sure I agree, I put the comments down to the following.

a) he actually believes the deluded rubbish he comes out with

B) he knows that if he gets sacked he gets a huge payoff and most people not associated with the club will put it down to fans not giving him time because he is a former Blues manager and he will get another job.

McLeish can't lose which is ironic really as losing is actually something he is bloody good at.

To be honest I no longer give a shite what the media or anyone else put it down to. If they want to say it is because he is ex sha manager then it doesn't bother me, what is more important is that he is gone .

Â