The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

we need Andres Villas Boas he is the man to take us forward. he was never going to do well at chelski with all the player power but at villa he could bring back the glory

You do realise that a few of our senior players have the same jumped up attitude as some of those at Chelsea??

Like who?

Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Ireland.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you do realise that AVB is so far above us it's untrue. Huge foreign teams are going to be looking at him. There's no way he's going to join a rudderless ambitionless bit-part member of the Premier League. Because that's what we look like to outsiders at the moment, no matter whether we believe it to be true or not.

Its all a bit cringeworthy isnt it BOF.

Its like Carlo Ancelloti all over again...

If you remember Mantis, i was of the same attitude when Houllier was here. Willing to give him a chance.

The fans then drove him out and look what happened next...

The fans never drove him out, he became to I'll to continue.

Stu, how can McLeish improve our attacking intent, we have nzog, Ireland, gabby, bent and he still can't get us goals. Forget it he is done at our club.

How can missing chances be blamed on the manager? Its not like hes got an Xbox controller in his hand and making them put it wide is it?

And you reakon the fans didnt drive Houllier out of here??

Bollocks.

Stu, if we kept the same tactics as the first half instead on sitting back and inviting the pressure, they probably would'nt have got that goal and we would have had far more chances than a couple of lucky breaks.

If you remember Mantis, i was of the same attitude when Houllier was here. Willing to give him a chance.

The fans never drove him out, he became to I'll to continue.

Stu, how can McLeish improve our attacking intent, we have nzog, Ireland, gabby, bent and he still can't get us goals. Forget it he is done at our club.

How can missing chances be blamed on the manager? Its not like hes got an Xbox controller in his hand and making them put it wide is it?

And you reakon the fans didnt drive Houllier out of here??

Bollocks.

Yeah the fans caused him to have an aortic dissection. :lol:

we need Andres Villas Boas he is the man to take us forward. he was never going to do well at chelski with all the player power but at villa he could bring back the glory

You do realise that a few of our senior players have the same jumped up attitude as some of those at Chelsea??

Like who?

Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Ireland.

To be fair, they're not nearly as bad as JT, Lampard and co. who think they are the club. Players who think they are bigger than the manager because a.) they think they're world class, and AVB hasn't played at the highest level and b.) he's pretty much the same age as them.

But as BOF says, way out of our league (which in itself would probably be enough to keep said Villa players in check if he were to come here by some miracle).

So us giving blackburn the entire pitch and reverting to the typical anti-football dross in the 2nd half was not McLeish's fault

What you babbling on about?? We played well in the second half and could have easily scored another 2-3 goals. Like i said, we could have easily scored 8 goals on Saturday. How the **** is that 'negative'???

To be fair Stu, we were shite 2nd half. Sitting back on a 0-1 lead?!?!?

i think its a case of we were shite in comparison to the 1st half, in which blackburn were absolutely **** awful and we played some really good stuff, 2nd half it was a case of blackburn playing better so we decided to stop playing the succesful way we had been and play deep and counter instead, its mind boggling as to why, we reacted far too late to their dominance, didnt change the shape despite it not working, made the subs too late

at half time steve kean showed more tactical nous than our manager...

stamina imho. both petrov and herd were just returning from injuries. manager's error was that he did not substitute both herd and petrov around 60 minutes. gardner and bannan for them. after that i would wait to see if nzog or marc would need to be substituted. instead of this AMcL did substitute nzog - mistake (nzog was not happy about it again rightly) and waited too long to substitute herd - mistake. also to play bannan on the right wing is a waste - another mistake. if you analyse our goals against we are prone from free kicks / corners and crosses from wings. as far as i know warnock is the most liability in the team right now so i would substitute marc just for a fresh cover to help warnock (he is prone to errors more and more as time is nearer and nearer to 90 mins - weak mentally).

We're not getting AVB but obviously the troublemakers would be shipped out. They need to be shipped out regardless of what happens.

Odd. I thought his departure was down to his health rather than fans pressure.

Yeah, nothing at all to do with the constant abuse

I'm not in agreement that we are too small fry for a big manager. We have wasted 12mil on managers, your telling me if we offered big doe no one big would come here for the challenge. Before you ssy we are skint, the manager is a bit more of a investment than a player, sp lerner its over to you. Or maybe We're **** if we ever get taken over cause the billionaire owners would only be able to employ the likes of macarthy I suppose.

McLeish has been crap so far

but lets stick with him?

Sorry I am all for consistency and sticking with a plan if it is apparent that the plan is correct.

Constant abuse? Houllier wasn't subject to constant abuse that is an utter fabrication of your mind. Don't confuse people posting on here complaining about him or having a pop at him as being constant abuse, to my knowledge Houllier didn't visit VT. He certainly didn't receive constant abuse during games.

I think you will find Houllier's health problems that drove him out of the job owed more to his previous health problems and the stress of the job than it did his standing with the fans.

Yes. Not quite as bad as the Ancelotti thing but it's in the same boat. The S.S. Delusional.
:?

Hardly think it is fair to lump together fans who are hoping that the clubs aims for a higher grade of appointment that way.

Constant abuse? Houllier wasn't subject to constant abuse that is an utter fabrication of your mind. Don't confuse people posting on here complaining about him or having a pop at him as being constant abuse, to my knowledge Houllier didn't visit VT. He certainly didn't receive constant abuse during games.

I think you will find Houllier's health problems that drove him out of the job owed more to his previous health problems and the stress of the job than it did his standing with the fans.

You seriously trying to tell me that Houllier didnt get abuse at games?

Bollocks.

Similarly Stu are you saying that any negative reaction he did get was the cause of his illness?

In addition in the game of football management I think it is only reasonable to expect that some fans will not be happy and that they will express that discontent quite vocally, most managers get it it comes with the territory

If you cannot cope with that again shows that he did not possess all the qualities needed.

Have to say though I do not for one minute accept he got the level of vitriol that you seem to suggest or that it is what caused him to have a relapse

Â