The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

So us giving blackburn the entire pitch and reverting to the typical anti-football dross in the 2nd half was not McLeish's fault

What you babbling on about?? We played well in the second half and could have easily scored another 2-3 goals. Like i said, we could have easily scored 8 goals on Saturday. How the **** is that 'negative'???

To be fair Stu, we were shite 2nd half. Sitting back on a 0-1 lead?!?!?

We played well and had our fair share of chances in the second. Blackburns response to us going a goal up is normal for a home team, they were bound to have spells in the second where we were on the back foot. Thats not Mcleish 'telling' them to be negative, its just the result of the home team looking to get a goal back!!

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing in particular, but sacking him and bringing somebody else in will leave us with the same average squad he had when he left. What we need is a bit of continuity and to be able to give the manager (whoever that is) a bit of time.

Im willing to give mcleish another season after hes had the chance to get rid of some of the dross in the squad and replace them with younger hungrier players who actually want to play for Villa.

Its obvious, if we played the same attacking football in the second half the game would have been won. Blackburn's subs could not be that fantastic that it nullifies and pushes all our attacking intent back. That came from the managers second half tactics. Ireland, nzog, gabby are not that type of player that drops back so far to defend, that's why second half we were shit.

You wait if McLeish stays next season the type of players he brings in. Perish the thought!

If you remember Mantis, i was of the same attitude when Houllier was here. Willing to give him a chance.

The fans then drove him out and look what happened next...

The fans never drove him out, he became to I'll to continue.

Stu, how can McLeish improve our attacking intent, we have nzog, Ireland, gabby, bent and he still can't get us goals. Forget it he is done at our club.

So us giving blackburn the entire pitch and reverting to the typical anti-football dross in the 2nd half was not McLeish's fault

What you babbling on about?? We played well in the second half and could have easily scored another 2-3 goals. Like i said, we could have easily scored 8 goals on Saturday. How the **** is that 'negative'???

We played well and had our fair share of chances in the second. Blackburns response to us going a goal up is normal for a home team, they were bound to have spells in the second where we were on the back foot. Thats not Mcleish 'telling' them to be negative, its just the result of the home team looking to get a goal back!!

This was a Blackburn side who had next to nothing going forward. Looking at the quality of our side, we should have been able to contain their attacks and apply some pressure of our own.

Neither of these happened, and on the rare forays into their half we managed to create 3 very real goalscoring opportunities. It took them almost an entire half of giving it everything they had to get an equalizer, and we could have scored three whimsically in the same period of time. That was the difference in the second half. Blackburn wanted something more out of the game...we were just content with what we have, and imo that's down to the manager. I was all for giving him time, but his (numerous) shortcomings are becoming all too apparent, and damaging.

The simple reality is that we're not going to be challenging for the title or even for a top 4 spot any time soon. The best we can hope for over the next few years is to get back in and around the Europa spots. With that in mind, why not give McLeish a real chance? Obviously results have been crap this season, but that's mostly in the form of too many draws as we have actually only lost one more game than Arsenal.

The one thing that we haven't had in the 20 or so years of the Prem is consistency. We've never had a manager for more than a few seasons, and if we're actually going to be good for a long time we need a manager who can stick around for 5-10 years rather than just 3 or 4. I'm not saying that manager should be McLeish, I'm not sure I could put up with the quality of football for that long even if results are fantastic, but this constant cycle of a new manager every few years is going to get us nowhere as we'll always be in a state of transition.

McLeish has been crap so far, though no more so than Houllier and no more so than O'Neill in his first season (though he does have a better first 11). Against all my better instincts, I say let's give him time and see what happens. If not McLeish, then we need to make sure the next manager that comes in can stay for the long term (i.e. 10+ years).

I'm very much in favour of giving the manager time but it's painfully clear for all to see that McLeish is not the man for us. Under Houllier we would occasionally see some good signs, and towards the end of the season we did start to do better. We don't even get that with McLeish. We can't even play well for the entirety of one single game. The negative manner with which he approaches games is driving fans away as well.

I guess I can understand not wanting to get rid of him until the end of the season, but under no circumstances should he be here at the start of next season.

i think its a case of we were shite in comparison to the 1st half, in which blackburn were absolutely **** awful and we played some really good stuff, 2nd half it was a case of blackburn playing better so we decided to stop playing the succesful way we had been and play deep and counter instead, its mind boggling as to why, we reacted far too late to their dominance, didnt change the shape despite it not working, made the subs too late

at half time steve kean showed more tactical nous than our manager...

we need Andres Villas Boas he is the man to take us forward. he was never going to do well at chelski with all the player power but at villa he could bring back the glory, the deisre and the passion. the board need to move quicker than ever and make the appointment!

I dont see how Mcleish can be blamed for us not taking any of our 8 clear chances on Saturday. Unless this new manager moonlights as a 20 goal a season striker then it makes no difference who is in charge!!

it does make a difference mentally, because if you have a confident manager that ends up being projected onto the players, e.g. a confident striker is more likely to score than a non-confident one.. So if we had a manager that he players looked up to and had confidence in, they would be performing better I believe, but we do not.. AM does not inspire confidence, which in turn rubs of on the players, hence they will miss more chances..

What...like Villas Boas you mean?? Yeah he did great with that multi million pound squad he had didnt he?

Bringing in a manger is no guarantee you will instantly improve, no matter who he is. And looking at some of the shit that could possibly take over (Curbishley??) id rather stick with Mcleish.

Harry Redknapp as spurs.. inspired them with confiedence got them playing good football.. They were bottom of the league when he took over.. Now they are 3rd.. because he gave the players the confidence they were lacking. Alex McLeish does not give players confidence therefore we play shit, same with Villas-Boas the players did not have confidence in him, he lost the dressing room..so i dont really get what you saying because AVB did not inspire the multi million pound chelsea squad with Confidence, hence they were not playing well. Same with AM.

we need Andres Villas Boas he is the man to take us forward. he was never going to do well at chelski with all the player power but at villa he could bring back the glory, the deisre and the passion. the board need to move quicker than ever and make the appointment!

This.

we need Andres Villas Boas he is the man to take us forward. he was never going to do well at chelski with all the player power but at villa he could bring back the glory

You do realise that a few of our senior players have the same jumped up attitude as some of those at Chelsea??

we need Andres Villas Boas he is the man to take us forward. he was never going to do well at chelski with all the player power but at villa he could bring back the glory

You do realise that a few of our senior players have the same jumped up attitude as some of those at Chelsea??

Like who?

If you remember Mantis, i was of the same attitude when Houllier was here. Willing to give him a chance.

The fans then drove him out and look what happened next...

The fans never drove him out, he became to I'll to continue.

Stu, how can McLeish improve our attacking intent, we have nzog, Ireland, gabby, bent and he still can't get us goals. Forget it he is done at our club.

How can missing chances be blamed on the manager? Its not like hes got an Xbox controller in his hand and making them put it wide is it?

And you reakon the fans didnt drive Houllier out of here??

Bollocks.

And you do realise that AVB is so far above us it's untrue. Huge foreign teams are going to be looking at him. There's no way he's going to join a rudderless ambitionless bit-part member of the Premier League. Because that's what we look like to outsiders at the moment, no matter whether we believe it to be true or not.

Â