The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Looking at ways to spend the £1000 plus I will save on season tickets in a few months. I think a holiday abroad would be nice.

I think you should send the club a picture of where you're going, showing how you're going to spend what was your season ticket money!!!

It would be quite funny if all season ticket non-renewing, email the club to let them know what they're buying instead!!!

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never wanted McLeish in the first place.

but now we have, we need to work with him until we are told different.

Not convinced directly that Mcleish is at fault for where we are. He has to take some responsibility of course.

McLeish is ultimately responsible for team affairs, but I suspect That the Owner also recognises that he inherited a load of poor quality players.

He has been brought in to see through an austerity programme, so I suppose survival is all that is expected from him.

We will have to wait and see if in fact he can unearth some diamonds, because after all said and done we are not finanacially capable of doing much else.

we need a prudent little scouting network to help him.

McLeish is ultimately responsible for team affairs, but I suspect That the Owner also recognises that he inherited a load of poor quality players.

What? Poorer quality than Wigan and Blackburn who we have just failed to beat!

McLeish inherited a better squad than some people realise. Yes, there may be one or two big egos in there who maybe can be disruptive at times but there is no way McLeish inherited a poor squad.

He has, however, turned them into a poor team.

Not convinced directly that Mcleish is at fault for where we are. He has to take some responsibility of course.

He has been brought in to see through an austerity programme, so I suppose survival is all that is expected from him.

We will have to wait and see if in fact he can unearth some diamonds, because after all said and done we are not finanacially capable of doing much else.

I never understand this argument.

Newcastle and Swansea are hardely rich clubs but look where abouts they are in the league!!

I never understand this argument.

Newcastle and Swansea are hardely rich clubs but look where abouts they are in the league!!

I agree

and the arguements i was putting forward was exactly that.

Brendan Rogers inherited some of Martinez's work to help him succeed.

Mcleish has inherited a pile of dung.

There are so many of our players that are simply not good enough.

O'Neill was sufficiently talented enough to get a silk purse out of a sows ear( but to pay a kings ransom for it)....FOR SO LONG until the wheels fell off c March time.

We simply havn't got the quality of player ( generally) to see a campaign out.

Jesus, talk about high standards

I Bailed out after 4 years of O'Neill

god knows what I would have done now..... its just got simply worse.

I find it hard to believe that many clubs from 7th/8th down wouldn't want to cherry pick the majority of our players given the chance and have them playing a damn sight better too. This team, while admittedly weakened, is hardly one which should be languishing in 15th just about scraping points from the bottom two.

TRO, there's absolutely no excuses for setting the team up so negatively. That is the biggest issue.

Mantis, I simply do not believe that to be true.

let me say this catergorically, before I go in to any detail, I am not a McLeish Fan or an Antagonist.

I believe we do not have enough players with sufficient self belief to see a win out.

The club as a whole is passive and does not possess enough desire to win....right through the ranks

That is simply my opinion.

I believe the whole structure is geared to treading water.

I believe Mcleish is cog in a very big wheel that is a symptom not the disease.

TRO, there's absolutely no excuses for setting the team up so negatively. That is the biggest issue.

let me say this catergorically, before I go in to any detail, I am not a McLeish Fan or an Antagonist.

I believe we do not have enough players with sufficient self belief to see a win out.

The club as a whole is passive and does not possess enough desire to win....right through the ranks

well it doesnt seem to effect the youth players, or infact the reserve players

they appear to always to quite well in their respective competitions, this season the youth are not doing quite so well but the reserves as per normal are top of the league

It's just a coincidence that we are set up in a similar way to McLeish's previous side and play negative football in a very similar way then.

so we were winning games right ,left and centre before he arrived ?

well it doesnt seem to effect the youth players, or infact the reserve players

they appear to always to quite well in their respective competitions, this season the youth are not doing quite so well but the reserves as per normal are top of the league

To be fair the reserve leagues are a bit of a joke. Anyone can play for a reserve team, experienced pro's to 15/16 year olds. Its no where near as competitive of the Prem, Championship, league 1, etc.

Interestingly, we've only lost one more game than Arsenal this season so it appears the the stereotype of McLeish teams being hard to beat and harder to watch is true. The key issue is that we're simply not going forward and attacking enough. If McLeish either let the players off the leash and attack, or figured out a way to squeeze one or two more goals out of the current set up (set pieces?), we'd be fine.

It's just a coincidence that we are set up in a similar way to McLeish's previous side and play negative football in a very similar way then.

so we were winning games right ,left and centre before he arrived ?

Huh? I said nothing about winning games. Mantis said, "TRO, there's absolutely no excuses for setting the team up so negatively. That is the biggest issue." You said you didn't believe that was the case, and my post was a response to that.

The appointment never did have any logic to it, why after Houiller couldn't continue did we go after Martinez? Even Faulkner would know that these are football managers who play the game in a ball playing, pass and move style and bought player like Makoun to fit in with that. So why do we then did we end up with Mr Anti football McLeish from our local rivals. Panic or sheer incompetence for me, I couldn't see anything good coming from it at the time and still can't.

To be fair the reserve leagues are a bit of a joke. Anyone can play for a reserve team, experienced pro's to 15/16 year olds. Its no where near as competitive of the Prem, Championship, league 1, etc.

your right, i do appreciate that but the actual winning mentality is still required no matter how poor the league

the tactics, the formation, the selections, they are still required and needed to go along with the winning mentality, the reserves have that mentality and they have the confidence in the people giving the orders and using the tactics and squad available

so there are people at our club with the winning mentality, it is just that they are 0 to do with the bumbling jock who has been forced onto us.

hence they are still winning

The appointment never did have any logic to it, why after Houiller couldn't continue did we go after Martinez? Even Faulkner would know that these are football managers who play the game in a ball playing, pass and move style and bought player like Makoun to fit in with that. So why do we then did we end up with Mr Anti football McLeish from our local rivals. Panic or sheer incompetence for me, I couldn't see anything good coming from it at the time and still can't.

They did go for Martinez but he turned us down.

Â