The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Have just watched his press conference on AVTV.

He doesn't look or sound likes he's handling the pressure at the moment in my opinion. His dour demeanour has got even worse and he was talking about himself in the third person (never a good sign!)

Some of his comments are laughable and contradict everything displayed on the pitch by this season's Villa.

He just doesn't come over as a motivator to me, god knows how he's going to fire up the players for Saturday's (yet again) crucial match.

Journo's, whilst being polite gave him some stick over his style of play and poor results which was refreshing to hear!

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone got AVTV? On the article on the OS it says he discussed other things, "supposed" negative tactics being one of them. Would be very interested to hear him try and call that a myth now.

Has anyone got AVTV? On the article on the OS it says he discussed other things, "supposed" negative tactics being one of them. Would be very interested to hear him try and call that a myth now.

He basically said, Alec McLeish never sends out his players with a negative game plan and Alec McLeish wants his team to attack....

So basically, deflecting all of the on-pitch dross onto his playing staff and washing his hands of any involvement!!!!

Way to motivate those players AMc!!!!

He is under pressure because he is being found out, he can hide at a small club, play negative football and come out looking ok (which points to our owners being negligent and ignorant in general) but at a bigger club, with fans who want to win, he is being discovered as an antifootball fraud!

That has to be it surely?

Smacks of a man on his knees saying "I know I'm not good enough but please don't sack me".

In any other 40k stadium club with a rich history that would be game, set and match. The bow on the top as maqroll said.

Come on Randy.

I think sooner or later Lerner's going to realise that in the long run by keeping McLeish in the job he's going to lose more money. He doesn't even have to have a replacement lined up immediately as K-Mac would certainly be fine to see us through to the end of the season.

Yep and if they got McLeish's contract clauses correct, they could surely fire him on performance grounds

Let's face it, Eck took the job without being in a position to negotiate a favourable contract

If the club has any nous we will be in a strong position

We can't even afford money for players, let alone pissing money up the wall sacking and getting a new manager.

There is surely a tipping point where the balance of how much it is going to cost us keeping him vs getting rid will make the latter a more viable risk.

For example, how much are we going to lose if we are relegated? Lose against Blackburn, a couple of the others win and you know what, that becomes a distinct possibility.

How much are we already losing in revenue and how much do we continue to lose as a result of keeping him in the job?

As much as my faith is dwindling they will be looking at this as we speak. You know, Randy doesn't mind dropping the axe. He has done it many times over in Cleveland and I think his cutting of Houllier at first real chance shows it too. I believe the only reason he stuck by GH as long as he did was the progression in philosophy taking place behind the scenes and the occasional glimpses of progression on the pitch. With McLeish there is neither.

Lose to Blackburn and he's gone.

If the club has any nous we will be in a strong position

Can you spot the problem?

Houllier was in semi-retirement earning relatively bugger all with the French FA. You'd like to think that Lerner learns from his mistakes, but then if he did McLeish wouldn't be boss in the first place.

He aint going anywhere if we lose to Blackburn... Randy is now in a position of somewhere inbetween a rock and a hard place of his own doing. Hold out with AM and we have a real chance of going down. Lose to Blackburn and then sack him and we have a real chance of going down. Thanks to AM we are fudged!!!!!

Whilst the average players in the squad do take part of the blame McLeish really doesn't help himself in that regard. Besides, Blackburn haven't kept a clean sheet in the league all season, if we fail to win then really there's no excuse. I do think if Lerner wanted him gone he would sack him.

Just like last season it feels like management and players aren't a cohesive unit.

Â