The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grant was a bit more involved at Wigan

Up off the bench shouting directions, note taking etc

He is about as much use as a chocolate tea pot

No, I disagree, at least you can eat a chocolate teapot!

He is about as much use as a Eunoch in a whore house.

I disagree a eunuch is really useful in a whorehouse as they will not be distracted by the goings on so can do useful stuff like keep things nice and tidy and perhaps the book-keeping. I'm going to so with as useful as a waterproof teabag

On a bored day at work, I decided to find out Mysteryman's identity using Google - I failed. But I found this article:

http://avillafan.com/site/2011/06/22/mysteryman-returns-and-discusses-am-open-forum-with-fans/

Now this is a post about MM's points taken from a meeting between AMc and the fans back in the Summer, I've picked a few points out, which I find... interesting:

Mysteryman had the below to say about the event:

-Headlines Robert Green aint coming good simply not on the radar but was on GH radar

- Downing staying unless its 50 mill !

- Craig Gardner desperate to come to Villa FACT but we aren’t interested his words not mine !

- Grilled over his style of football said down to resources and will play a high tempo attacking style at home using wingers and raiding full backs !

- Raved about our kids and wants to give the likes of Delph and Albrighton the chance

- Wants to re-sign Reo Coker / was told FA Cup our holy grail and to respect it / Also can the players start respecting the club unlike the antics from last season !

- Said his key priority is GK and then to look at what he has said there are a lot of ‘ dormant talents ‘ he wants to awaken and can’t just write off aka Ireland and Warnock ! Hence he aint just going to go after people until he assesses what we have first

- He said he would get rid of the deadwood and sort out the perceived ill discipline with people on a one to one basis

- Said wants to pair Gabby with Bent thinks Gabby was wasted on the wing and wants to get him back to the level he was at !

I'm not ardently anti-McLeish, but why have we not got rid of him yet? What is Randy waiting for? Unless he was exceptional, which he isn't, he was never going to make it at Villa and he currently far from that. What is the hold-up? I just don't understand how there is any justification for keeping McLeish when the fans and quite possibly some players are totally against him. If we got somebody with a bit more of a track record in now, we could still easily push into the top half.

McLeish was doomed to fail, but it is getting ridiculous now.

If you take the time to listen to the daft prat, how he talks of not asking them to play negative, there are only two conclusions I can come to -

1. They're not listening to him. In which case it can be deemed that he has "lost" the dressing room.

2. He's lying.

I think its a little from 1 and a lot from 2, regardless he's passing the buck and just like O'Leary and Houllier before him it isn't befitting of the manager of Aston Villa FC. He's not standing up to be counted.

If anyone is kind enough to offer a reasoned defence I'm all ears.

If you take the time to listen to the daft prat, how he talks of not asking them to play negative, there are only two conclusions I can come to -

1. They're not listening to him. In which case it can be deemed that he has "lost" the dressing room.

2. He's lying.

I think its a little from 1 and a lot from 2, regardless he's passing the buck and just like O'Leary and Houllier before him it isn't befitting of the manager of Aston Villa FC. He's not standing up to be counted.

If anyone is kind enough to offer a reasoned defence I'm all ears.

Ahh but you see mate Eck has a different mindset over what is or is not a defence dominated performance. You heard him after Man City moaning at the reporter for labelling him too defence minded. Eck thought that performance was not defensive at all...I bet he thought the same about Wigan last weekend :(

As for the guy above asking "why dont they sack him?". Well if they were foolish enough to get him in the first place they are also on a different mindset to most of the fans (its the wrong mindest of people who dont understand Villa and dont understand football fans)

We dont want a side to challenge the top 4 anymore we just want a team that will play football like Swansea or Norwich or any other half decent side!! :shock:

i want a side that doesnt label "stay up" as a priority for the season

the amount of times ive heard this week everything is ok at villa because there is no danger of us going down, i think mcleish made reference to it today, **** great we have the same ambitions as bolton and wolves

We dont want a side to challenge the top 4 anymore we just want a team that will play football like Swansea or Norwich or any other half decent side!!

Even Cardiff City, one division down.

Mysteryman had the below to say about the event:

- Grilled over his style of football said down to resources and will play a high tempo attacking style at home using wingers and raiding full backs !

- Said wants to pair Gabby with Bent thinks Gabby was wasted on the wing and wants to get him back to the level he was at !

What a bullshitter. Don't think he can class playing Ireland or Heskey on the wings as high tempo wingers and if Gabby is wasted on the wing, why has he played him their all season? The guy is a rubbish football manager.

he's gone on the defensive by the looks of twitter

"If players are having a bad game, it's not because Alex McLeish is negative."

That is a myth, that statement is very attacking and almost Dutch like.

People are saying they're worried about who he'll buy in the summer (if, god forbid, he's still here). It doesn't matter if he somehow makes great signings. He'll still play them in the wrong position and express his negative philosophy in 90% of our games.

People are saying they're worried about who he'll buy in the summer (if, god forbid, he's still here). It doesn't matter if he somehow makes great signings. He'll still play them in the wrong position and express his negative philosophy in 90% of our games.

This.

Look at Nzogia`s statement about not enjoying the football and Gabby saying he wants the season to end. IMO cracks showing that the players are not enjoying playing in Eck`s dinosaur Blues tactics formation!

McLeish has bought creative players in the past and failed to get anything out of them

Didn't he sign that Michel who was a creative player according to a blues fan at work he spent 18 months chasing him then he never got a game because he wouldn't work under the mcleish style of football

Im sure Steven Davis will fit in somewhere

This is the sad thing. No matter how long he's here for nothing will really change that much. We are always going to be negative and boring under him.

^ A certain Rollins Band song comes to mind.
What's The Matter Man? ;)

I love that song.

McLeish has bought creative players in the past and failed to get anything out of them

Didn't he sign that Michel who was a creative player according to a blues fan at work he spent 18 months chasing him then he never got a game because he wouldn't work under the mcleish style of football

Hleb and to a lesser degree Bentley. Hleb tore him to pieces in an interview saying he wasn't interested in playing football. It's not the money and it's not the squad at your disposal. It's the manager.

Â