The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last season under Gerard Houllier: P23 Pts 25 Pos 16th Goal diff -14......

this season under Alex McLeish: P23 Pts 28 Pos 12th Goal diff -3

MON's 1st season... P23 Pts 26 Pos 14th Goal diff -4

stats speak for themselves

Not really, stats can be used to suit any argument. A case can be made for in O'neill's defence for his first year, for instance we came 16th the year before, he was only employed in early August so didn't have a pre-season. and inheritted one hell of a piss poor squad.

I'm not an O'Neill fan by the way, he had many many flaws.

the is true but at the end of the seaon all that mattaers is how many points u have and where u finish

Oh the old MON chestnut

MON has won more games at painfully average Sunderland in 2 and half months than McLeish has managed all season.

MON 7 wins in 11 games

McLeish 6 wins in 23 games .... :oops:

I watched the Sunderland/Norwich game and suddenly they look anything but painfully average.

Whew! Can we have some of that at Villa Park please?

Back slightly on topic...the apparent problems with McLeish, in order:

1. He used to manage at he sty

2. He is not Martin O'Neill

3. He is 'ginger'

4. One of his signings is Alan Hutton

5. When we win at Wolves, it is down to the players

6. When we lose at Arsenal, it is down to the manager

It takes a tough man to accept all of this shit and carry on with the job. Fortunately, he is tough. If his ambition is to see a Villa side playing decent football, after the years of dross that we have endured, then i am happy that he as that toughness.

Does the support of Mcleish which goes "he isn't a negative manager he just had to be that way given the club he was at and players he had to work with" still hold true given that Hughton is at the same club and looks anything but negative?

For me it doesn't have much to do with the players, aside from how the manager directs them to play

Does the support of Mcleish which goes "he isn't a negative manager he just had to be that way given the club he was at and players he had to work with" still hold true given that Hughton is at the same club and looks anything but negative?

For me it doesn't have much to do with the players, aside from how the manager directs them to play

SHA do have a more attacking team now but still dont play amazing football in the games that i have watched

McLeish is here to stay, so you may as well, however grudgingly, cut him some slack and try to enjoy the football.
You know what, I don't think I will.

Contrary to popular belief he hasn't suddenly turned it around in the last month. We're not as poor as we were in late November/December but we're still pretty damn shit. The football is still on the whole boring and negative and the results are still terrible. A 29% win record (which includes wins over Hereford and Bristol Rovers) is shocking.

I'm not cutting him any slack unless things start to change.

McLeish is here to stay, so you may as well, however grudgingly, cut him some slack and try to enjoy the football.

Contrary to popular belief he hasn't suddenly turned it around in the last month. We're not as poor as we were in late November/December but we're still pretty damn shit. The football is still on the whole boring and negative and the results are still terrible. A 29% win record (which includes wins over Hereford and Bristol Rovers) is shocking.

tbh i dont know how you can go to the games feeling like that

Back slightly on topic...the apparent problems with McLeish, in order:

1. He used to manage at he sty

2. He is not Martin O'Neill

3. He is 'ginger'

4. One of his signings is Alan Hutton

5. When we win at Wolves, it is down to the players

6. When we lose at Arsenal, it is down to the manager

It takes a tough man to accept all of this shit and carry on with the job. Fortunately, he is tough. If his ambition is to see a Villa side playing decent football, after the years of dross that we have endured, then i am happy that he as that toughness.

Hang on a second, one of the reasons, some of his supporters have said he failed at the sty (he also said this himself) was due to players were bought without his knowledge. Any manager worth his salt would've told the board where to go, but he didn't

So the fact he is willing to take criticism at the Villa is, I suspect, the same reason he accepted these goings on at Blues, due to the fat wedge he is being paid and that he ain't going to get a job anywhere else.

Your saying he's tough, but what's so brave about what he has done. He's managed Rangers so he is used to taking flak. He's not exactly going on the front line

tbh i dont know how you can go to the games feeling like that

My love of Villa overrides my hate for McLeish.

fair enough, thought you may have been one of those who will go just to moan & boo

What?

Nobody goes just to moan and boo.

Who in their right mind would fork out the cost of a ticket and trudge all the way to VP on a freezing cold night just to moan and boo when they could do this in the warmth of their own home for free?

fair enough, thought you may have been one of those who will go just to moan & boo

Would be a huge waste of time and money in my case given that I live a 3 hours drive (when the traffic is good) away from VP.

The saying patience is a virtue falls short in so many ways here at VT.
Sorry I'm not prepared to wait for McLeish to take us down.

Oh the old MON chestnut

MON has won more games at painfully average Sunderland in 2 and half months than McLeish has managed all season.

MON 7 wins in 11 games

You may as well make that your sig since you love posting it so much.

Oh the old MON chestnut

MON 7 wins in 11 games

You may as well make that your sig since you love posting it so much.

Its the MON effect but it wont last as long as it did with us imo. I might place a bet on Boro knocking them out of the cup in the replay 8)

SHA do have a more attacking team now but still dont play amazing football in the games that i have watched

Did I say it was amazing? or did I say that it looks anything but negative?

Change of manager , change of tactics

Not saying I want Hughton here by the way.

Â