The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I recently took on a new client, the company owner is a SHA fan.

He said that for the last few years he has really dread going to the sty (obviously he didn't call it that) and he had to drag himself to attend. He said the football was boring and negative.

Now he loves going down and can't wait for match days and the football is now exciting to watch.

So, based on the fact that McLeish bored the soul out of loyal fans for four years at the sty what makes anyone think he is suddenly going to have a management style change and offer us something different?

Answers on a postcard please.

THEY ARE WINNING.

Just like they never moaned about Eck's football in the Championship because THEY WERE WINNING.

If we were sat in 6th place not a single **** would be given about the "negative" football.

But we dont play negative football mate. It's a myth that all the haters cant let go of.

To be fair, we did set out negatively in quite a few games earlier in the season. Spurs, United, Newcastle at home come to mind.

Yeah, thats probably fair. Was that down to AM being cautious while he settled in and found his best line-up? Who knows. But over the last 2 months, i think the tactics, brand of football and attacking intent have improved 10-fold.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keyblade wrote:

wiggyrichard wrote:

Eames wrote:

pacbuddies wrote:

He said that for the last few years he has really dread going to the sty (obviously he didn't call it that) and he had to drag himself to attend. He said the football was boring and negative.

Now he loves going down and can't wait for match days and the football is now exciting to watch.

So, based on the fact that McLeish bored the soul out of loyal fans for four years at the sty what makes anyone think he is suddenly going to have a management style change and offer us something different?

THEY ARE WINNING.

Just like they never moaned about Eck's football in the Championship because THEY WERE WINNING.

If we were sat in 6th place not a single **** would be given about the "negative" football.

But we dont play negative football mate. It's a myth that all the haters cant let go of.

To be fair, we did set out negatively in quite a few games earlier in the season. Spurs, United, Newcastle at home come to mind.

Yeah, thats probably fair. Was that down to AM being cautious while he settled in and found his best line-up? Who knows. But over the last 2 months, i think the tactics, brand of football and attacking intent have improved 10-fold.

especially away from home

Yeah, it's funny how the noses are happy to see him gone. They fooking loved him last February, my mate has a nephew called Alex, named after him.

By all means, hate McLeish, but judge him on his time at B6, don't listen to blues fans. Their opinion is going to be somewhat...(I'm really struggling for the right word here)...damaged...(I need a thesaurus.)

At the end of the day, AM deserves some credit for they way he is now approaching games and trying to be attacking and play football.

Unfortunatly there are many on here who walk round with their head so far up their arse they cant/refuse to admit it.

quote]

my mates did, yes they were happy for winning, but always commented on the style. They were never impressed with his tactics or way of playing.

are they serious?

they had terrible players and expected to play some of the best football ever seen?[

THEY ARE WINNING.

Yep, agreed. Let's hope it continues.

perhaps we should speak to mourinhio about coming back to the UK. give him a good £50m to play with in the summer.

tell him "now you've won all three major league trophies" why not try something proper difficult and get a team outside the top 6 to win the league.

At the end of the day, AM deserves some credit for they way he is now approaching games and trying to be attacking and play football.

Unfortunatly there are many on here who walk round with their head so far up their arse they cant/refuse to admit it.

Similar can be said for certain people who are sticking up for Mcleish. People from both sides seem to go over the top. i personally haven't been too impressed with some of his selections so far this season, and think the club could've gone with a better suited manager. I agree he is trying to get to be more attacking, but i worry about his capabilities in rebuilding the team over the next few years.

my mate has a nephew called Alex, named after him.

Why would you do that, let alone admit it! :shock:

:lol:

The baby was born a few weeks after the cup win. I'd start telling people it was after a different Alex. Alexandra Burke or something

Similar can be said for certain people who are sticking up for Mcleish. People from both sides seem to go over the top. i personally haven't been too impressed with some of his selections so far this season, and think the club could've gone with a better suited manager. I agree he is trying to get to be more attacking, but i worry about his capabilities in rebuilding the team over the next few years.

I agree that some of his tactics and selections at the start of the season were a little strange, but over the last 2 months, i dont really see what there is to complain about? I didnt want him, but was prepared to give him a go and support him for the sake of the team, but as i say, i dont see what there is to moan about at the moment?

Im sticking up for him because i feel at the moment he is getting a rough time from some fans when he really doesnt deserve it.

What was boring about the football played on Wednesday ?

People will always see what they want to see, but under McLeish, Villa haven't played any more long ball football than they did under MON, or even Houllier.

When you have players of limited football ability you play football of limited quality, and that will of course result in players not being able to string a few passes together or launching the ball forward at every given opportunity.

You're really stopping to Blues level when you compare them with us. Quite simply there is no comparison, at Blues Mcleish's remit was survival, here it's at worst Mid Table, i suggest at Blues he cut his cloth to suit.

I'm not saying he's without his faults, he would not have been my choice of manager, but some fans will always tar him with this 'boring football' or 'long ball' tag no matter what.

I'm not saying he's without his faults, he would not have been my choice of manager, but some fans will always tar him with this 'boring football' or 'long ball' tag no matter what.

:thumb:

Agreed. I think alot of it is to do with people not wanting to lose face and admit that he's not really as bad as they make out.

I agree that some of his tactics and selections at the start of the season were a little strange, but over the last 2 months, i dont really see what there is to complain about? I didnt want him, but was prepared to give him a go and support him for the sake of the team, but as i say, i dont see what there is to moan about at the moment?

Im sticking up for him because i feel at the moment he is getting a rough time from some fans when he really doesnt deserve it.

Fair play to you, I definitely feel he is getting stick for some things that are not within his control. Now we've got breathing space from the bottom clubs, we should maybe lay off him and see how things pan out over the coming months. who knows, he may surprise some people.

F***ing comment came out twice, sorry. Shockingly slow computer system at work.

wiggyrichard wrote:

djamfisher wrote:

wiggyrichard wrote:

when he was appointed hes wasnt my first choice but after feeling sorry for him earlier in the season, i a have recently startde to like him

Attendances continue to drop.

Out of both cups straight away.

6 wins in the league and only 1 win against a decent team.

We were 1 loss away from equalling a club record for consecutive losses at home.

I just don't see how a draw at home to QPR is such a positive thing. The negatives for me still outweigh any positives I've seen this season.

I see you can't blame Mcleish for warnock's mistake so then surely he doesn't get credit for a great finish from nzogbia.

I'm happy to give him credit for improving in the second half and scoring two but we were still down at half time by two goals and he has to take some blame for that.

At the end of the day it was still another **** draw at home. And still nothing to make you think Mcleish will build something good here.

need to look at recent performances. they have been very good recently (since xmas)

good at chelsea

swnsea was shite (but imo swnsea won from 2 individual mistakes)

good at bristol

everton was mostly good

wolves was good apart from 20 minutes

arsenal was good until 9 minutes after half time

qpr (forgetting the result) was positive 21 shots speaks for its self and they were not long range shots but from in and around the penalty area

AM & the boys are improving, just lacking some consistenscy. we seem to have a 10-20 minute spell were we are poor and concede sloppy goals, mainly from individual mistakes that can be cut out

Â