The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Clearly to confirm I don't know what I was talking about regarding last nights performance McEck says

“I couldn’t believe the first-half performance. The goals were a joke. It was a pedestrian performance.

“We probably had more of the ball but we never penetrated. There was no running off the ball, no imagination, no creation, just before half-time the goal gave us an injection.”

Didn't I say similar? :)

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly to confirm I don't know what I was talking about regarding last nights performance McEck says

“I couldn’t believe the first-half performance. The goals were a joke. It was a pedestrian performance.

“We probably had more of the ball but we never penetrated. There was no running off the ball, no imagination, no creation, just before half-time the goal gave us an injection.”

big eck is saying same as most of the people say on here who slate hime for not having a clue about football :bonk:

big eck is saying same as most of the people say on here who slate hime for not having a clue about football

But not the same as those telling us how the 1st half wasn't dire - my missus doesn't know anything about football but could identify the same as above :)

Denis OUT!

Am i absolutely mental for thinking that last night was one of our best home performances under Eck? Controlled the play, nearly 70% possesion, no hoofing, ball kept on the deck, played to feet, created chances and should of won the game.

Apart from having a bunch of dickheads playing at the back we'd have won that game.

My only criticism of Mcleish is that he is still struggling to find a system to suite the players we have, I mean playing one winger is ridiculous, Although the fightback and spirit shown by the squad really surprised me last night.

big eck is saying same as most of the people say on here who slate hime for not having a clue about football

But not the same as those telling us how the 1st half wasn't dire - my missus doesn't know anything about football but could identify the same as above :)

Meh, still not dire. Pedestrian yes, unpenetrating sure. But we still managed to create a goal. Dire would be the performance against Swansea for example. Besides I thought Eck was a liar :winkold:

If we cut out the stupid mistakes we will be fine. There seems to be at least one clanger every single game now. Its getting silly. The players just need to concentrate more.

As has been said we played some great stuff last night but were let down by certain individuals yet again. And no matter how much you try and blame Mcleish for this one....it aint his fault!!

As has been said we played some great stuff last night but were let down by certain individuals yet again. And no matter how much you try and blame Mcleish for this one....it aint his fault!!

everything is his fault, suprised that he hasnt been blamed for the riots in eygpt.

hopefully all the haters leave VP. even if its just 24k i wouldnt mind as long as its a positive atmosphere for them to work in. as soon as we win a few everyone will be back

Am i absolutely mental for thinking that last night was one of our best home performances under Eck? Controlled the play, nearly 70% possesion, no hoofing, ball kept on the deck, played to feet, created chances and should of won the game.

Apart from having a bunch of dickheads playing at the back we'd have won that game.

My only criticism of Mcleish is that he is still struggling to find a system to suite the players we have, I mean playing one winger is ridiculous, Although the fightback and spirit shown by the squad really surprised me last night.

I wouldn't say you are, although there's not much competition for better games. If I'd have left at half time though, I'd think you were whacko.

I still believe the 'McLeish plays negative football' thing to be a myth, at least for the last handful of games. Whether it's been effective or entertaining is another matter, but negative? I don't believe so.

you need games like that to bring the team together. You feel a unit coming back like that.

especially winning games like that A La Everton game a couple of years ago. It gives you real momentum.

A Win at Newcastle and the players will be mega confident. I just hope we don't lose or draw doing something stupid.

In the first half we played with both Petrov and Clark as defensive midfielders. Neither of them would push on so it must have come from mcleish. In the 2nd half petrov was making runs all over the place and causing problems. why can't we start like this? if Mcleish went out to attack from the beginning most people would be happy with where we are and how things are shaping up BUT he seems to be scared to try. We can't defend a 1 nil lead so might aswell attack. The 2nd half showed we can have a go. At home thats the least we should expect. If he hasn't the guts or the know how to do this it could be a long end of season. I can't see us getting anything in our next 2 games but i would hope we have a go and don't roll over and try to keep the scores down. Then we have 2 massive away games. Should be fun!!!! UTV

with our current team our best form of defence really is attack. We cannot park the bus with our defence as it is, hence why Eck is struggling to do anything positive.

I think he feels like he needs two DMs just to try and stem the attacks. But I hope looking at our second half performance where we obliterated their defence for a good 30 minutes we should be attacking more.

QPR did an "us", rabbit in the headlights under a bit of pressure just kept hoofing it back to us and we came again.

when we play teams below us around that relegation zone we should try to panic them.

I don't think that tactic will work against the top5 or newcastle at home, but we can always try a spell of 10 minutes to see what they do. They may counter and score, or panic and hoof, or try and play from the back all the time and they make a mistake.

Football nowadays is made for attacking. If you are around their box enough you are going to get fouled.

I can't help but feel that if Gardner started instead of Clark (against Arsenal as well) he could have got himself a goal or two considering the promising goalscoring positions Ciaran got himself into. But being the defensive-minded player that he is, he couldn't take them.

I can't help but feel that if Gardner started instead of Clark (against Arsenal as well) he could have got himself a goal or two considering the promising goalscoring positions Ciaran got himself into. But being the defensive-minded player that he is, he couldn't take them.

Agree with this, a couple of times I was willing Clark to either have a dig or drive further towards goal when he had a bit of space in front of him but it was obvious he wasn't comfortable and kept looking for Zoggy to his left or Stan behind him.

This stat of 6 wins in 23 followed by the comment that any other manager would of been sacked. Martin Jol a manager that so many on here wanted both before GH and AMc has a very similar, in fact worse record and for a team that finished above us last season. I wonder if he is getting the same abuse? Maybe we are not as bad off as some think. Not great, but its not dooms day. UTV

Bolton have won the same amount of games as us but they are 8 points behind.

it's not just about wins, it's about points.

It's quite possible we could finish 10-12 points ahead of another team with the same number of wins as us.

We were unlucky last night because the referee doesn't know what handball is.

If you want to blame anyone for costing us 2 points last night, it's the B*stard in the black.

Â