The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last season after 22 games we had 22 points this season 27 points, last season we'd conceded 39 goals this season 29 goals, last season we'd scored 24 goal this season 26 goals.

We therefore have 5 more points, have scored 2 more goals and conceded 10 goals less and our goals difference is better by 13 goals.

The above isn't a massive improvement but its OK especially when you consider that we have a weaker squad. I'm sure we all hope that it will continue.

Where I feel mcleish has a slight edge of Houllier is that AM can run the dressing room. I think that the fine ideals that Houllier spoke of - were wasted - the dressing room wasn't listening.

Mcleish has far more limited footballing ideals - but at least he gets his ideas through.

Houllier - may have had high ideas - but his plan would never have been implemented - no matter how many of his own players he brought in.

Im no Mcleish fan - and the Everton match was a complete turn off for me. But i think the houllier chaos would have spilled over into this season had he stayed.

But i think the houllier chaos would have spilled over into this season had he stayed.
How so? There were bright signs when he got his own players in.

I'll admit that Houllier didn't really do well with the squad he had but I think he had the long term plan where as with McLeish there isn't one. I mean if you're a club that's fighting relegation and looking to stay up you probably wouldn't bring Houllier in to sort that out (then again, McLeish didn't exactly do a great job of keeping SHA up) but if you're looking to set the foundations for a better future then Houllier isn't a bad manager for that. That IMO is what the board were trying to do. I have no idea why they got McLeish though because as I said, there's no long term plan with him.

Why is it when McLeish wins he gets credit but when he loses it's the players fault?

Not that I've read much of that but yes, that's just as bad as allowing previous managers excuses and McLeish none.

Instead of jumping in feet first and making fools of themselves (see Keane thread for examples), why don't more VillaTalkers judge at the end of a full season?

It's not like any of us have the call to replace McLeish, let alone know for certain whether the replacement would improve matters.

We did well under Houllier in the second half of the season and I was looking forward to seeing what he could've done. Unfortunately he never got that chance and we ended up with McLeish. While I would love to see him go on a similar upturn of form like Houllier did last year I just can't see it.

That’s not true; we did well in patches, and were awful as well...

why are you and others willing to give him a go

the more important question is why you aren't willing to give him a go.

I support Villa, AMC is currently Villa, and so by not supporting AMC you are not supporting Villa.

I support Villa, AMC is currently Villa, and so by not supporting AMC you are not supporting Villa.

Err, what?

I support Villa. However I do not support McLeish. This doesn't mean I don't want to see him do well, I just don't want to see him in the job.

We did well under Houllier in the second half of the season and I was looking forward to seeing what he could've done. Unfortunately he never got that chance and we ended up with McLeish. While I would love to see him go on a similar upturn of form like Houllier did last year I just can't see it.

That’s not true; we did well in patches, and were awful as well...

On the whole we did well under Houllier in 2011.

Houllier was a clown and a disaster.

Will wait until the summer to see how McLeish is doing, but it looks like he is a lot better than the clown.

How is McLeish a lot better and how was Houllier a disaster?

Mcleish has far more limited footballing ideals - but at least he gets his ideas through.

Houllier - may have had high ideas - but his plan would never have been implemented - no matter how many of his own players he brought in.

And this is the problem with the club..

The McLeish appointment was there to cover up as much as possible with the problems at Villa Park, the club is just in a far too comfortable position and it seems some of the players are far too comfortable with mcleish that no matter what they will get there way and get picked.

That's ridiculous. Alex McLeish isn't Villa. He's a passenger. Just like the players and board. We support the ethos of the club, not individuals.

I support Villa. However I do not support McLeish. This doesn't mean I don't want to see him do well, I just don't want to see him in the job.

i also did not want AMC here, but now that he is, on a day when we have won, i don't get why there is so much negativity about him.

yes, we might lose the next game, but that makes it more important to savior todays win. (not talking specifically to you, just in general about a lot of posts on here tonight).

Houllier was a clown and a disaster.

Will wait until the summer to see how McLeish is doing, but it looks like he is a lot better than the clown.

How is McLeish a lot better and how was Houllier a disaster?

He is yielding more points per match, more goals scored per match and we let in less goals per match even after losing vital players.

He is also not destroying player values by doing the isolation trick against certain players (Warnock, Carew, Ireland).

He is also not doing silly double standard desicions that makes the players lose respect for him (trying to force players to move to Birmingham area, while signing Pires who is allowed to live in London).

He is not disrespecting the club, like Houllier did when he touched the This is Liverpool sign and then forget about the Villa supporters and clapping the kop and then say when we were going to be crap, he was glad it was against Liverpool.

But i think the houllier chaos would have spilled over into this season had he stayed.
How so? There were bright signs when he got his own players in.

I'll admit that Houllier didn't really do well with the squad he had but I think he had the long term plan where as with McLeish there isn't one. I mean if you're a club that's fighting relegation and looking to stay up you probably wouldn't bring Houllier in to sort that out (then again, McLeish didn't exactly do a great job of keeping SHA up) but if you're looking to set the foundations for a better future then Houllier isn't a bad manager for that. That IMO is what the board were trying to do. I have no idea why they got McLeish though because as I said, there's no long term plan with him.

Houllier had a long term plan and McLeish has none? Is that your point? Prove it, please. Where has Mcleish said "I have no long term plan? Lerner? Faulkner? Surely you must have proof when you assert such a damning accusation. Surely you're not mean spirited, petty, or desperate enough to just make up pure crap and use it as proof that McLeish is the wrong man for Villa? What with all the certain facts that could prove it, why would you resort to making crap up? So, I request a citation to the statement "I have no long term plan for this club."

Â