The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good today, we'll pick up a lot more points playing like that. We did concede too many corners though, and it cost us right at the bitter end. Hope Cuellar keeps his places, better than Collins. Clark played well too.

how many points did we pick up again?

None, but the point is, that our performance was very good and the crowd knew that. We were controlling possession in long spells against one of the best in the league. We were dangerous, could have scored more. If only Arsenal still played Almunia! It was entertaining, a defeat, but a spirited one, if can play near that in games coming up we should pick up points. Stoke away is a good chance to pick up a point or more. Chelsea away will be a big ask, but there is a long run of games following that in which we should pick up more points.

Just back from VP. The very positive crowd response at half time and full time said it all. The lads played really well, gave their all and deserved at least a point and probably all three. As many have said over the last few months you can take losing its the negative attitude that couldn't be stomached. Well tonight the attitude was spot on. Hopefully despite the defeat it could be a turning point. Regardless of what anyone thinks of McLeish lets hope its a performance we can build on.

I didn't go despite being offered a free ticket.

Lets hope you are right, its a performance we can build on, despite Wenger claiming his team were leg weary after Man City.

I believe some of our performances have been that bad there is no future with McLeish, despite me hoping he proves me wrong.

I understand we played better tonight, but we still lost and while you lose, you run the risk of saying did the opposition just do enough..... could they have stepped up a gear if we had of been in front.... its anyones guess.

Mcleish won't work out.

Very good today, we'll pick up a lot more points playing like that. We did concede too many corners though, and it cost us right at the bitter end. Hope Cuellar keeps his places, better than Collins. Clark played well too.

None, but the point is, that our performance was very good and the crowd knew that. We were controlling possession in long spells against one of the best in the league. We were dangerous, could have scored more. If only Arsenal still played Almunia! It was entertaining, a defeat, but a spirited one, if can play near that in games coming up we should pick up points. Stoke away is a good chance to pick up a point or more. Chelsea away will be a big ask, but there is a long run of games following that in which we should pick up more points.

Your talking out your arse. But thats reinforced by your picture

Your talking out your arse. But thats reinforced by your picture

Good comment Sir...

Trouble is despite a better performance, another set piece goal cost us a point and we now have won only one of the last 10 games!

To be fair, we defended the 13 previous corners well. The problem today, was we gave away far too many corners rather than the overall defending of them. Any team that concedes 15 corners are likely to concede 1.

I'm sorry but whilst tonights performance was an improvement it was only better in certain areas. Marc, Zog, Dunne and our willingness to go forward AT TIMES were the only positives.

How many times did we actually test Szczesny? Hardly ever as usual. McLeish was happy at 1-1 and wanted to sit on it possibly hoping for a cheeky goal. Any manager with guts would have made a positive substitution and take off any of our many knackered players to try and win the game but not him. WE WERE THE HOME SIDE PEOPLE.

This was a tired Arsenal team playing in second gear and we STILL make the same mistakes because McShitey is incapable of fixing our constant errors. He doesn't actually have a clue how to amend this guff.

We'll be in the bottom five in January.

I can't believe he has only picked up 4 wins out of 17. MON has already picked up 2 wins out of 3. I **** miss that guy now.

We're **** under this useless manager. Some fans may over excited for now that we put in our first performance despite gifting away goals from set pieces near the end of the clock, but when we're going lower and lower in the table it won't matter. At least SHA had their Carling Cup as a consolation gift. They didn't even have to pay to get rid of him either.

I think we could be stuck with him in the Championship. The board won't be able to afford to get rid of him by that point and they'll say he's the best possible man to bring us back up anyway. Would fans actually stand for that?

I'm sorry but whilst tonights performance was an improvement it was only better in certain areas. Marc, Zog, Dunne and our willingness to go forward AT TIMES were the only positives.

How many times did we actually test Szczesny?

We'll be in the bottom five in January.

I agree. I was pleased with the endeavour and passion shown tonight. The support certainly spurred the players on. At least we had a go tonight. But, like you say, how many times did we test Szczesny? I can't think of hardly any.

Yes, Nzogbia was a threat at times; Albrighton put in some testing deliveries. However, we still look like a team lacking enough goals in our side. Ok, granted, Darren Bent was missing tonight...But, I can't help but feel that without him and Gabby in our side, we offer nothing in the attacking third. Albrighton has to play regularly now. I still want AMc to play Nzogbia in the role he played at Wigan. Just behind the striker in a free roaming role.

Like I say, it was slightly more positive tonight. But, at the end of the day, we go home with no points after another set piece. Ok, we defended well for the majority of the game, but I counted at least 15 corners tonight. And who is the worse team to play against when you are struggling against set-pieces - Stoke City. Well, I don't feel optimistic about our chances on Boxing Day. Then we have Chelsea to finish the year off. I am encouraged about tonights endeavour, but, I still cannot see enough to warrant any change in my opinions of the side going forward. The next two games are crucial. If we get 1 point out of a possible 6, I will be surprised.

I remember when the weasle, also known as the General, started to indirectly talk shit about MON and how we were better off....

Says so much about him when we look about our current dire situation and also see the 2 wins MON has put up in 3 games for Sunderland.

The General knew nothing about football and he should never have been connected to this club. I know, he was only a non-executive, but in many ways he was not given the amount of publicity he came across - as he acted as the only link between the official club and the fans. He gave us hope in some way, and he manipulated fans with his "wisdom".

Sure, the idea of him coming on here was kind of cool, but I questioned his competency after one week and was (perhaps rightfully given my manor) attacked by his followers.

The football was not always beautiful under MON, but he put up miracles and we always hoped for wins against the big sides. I looked forward to every game and I also expected wins at times, somthing which is utopia this day and age. It is not a godgiven right to win football games when we look at the teams in our league, but we are now nothing but an unexciting mid-table club with absolutely no chance of getting any good players in.

I pray to god the rumours about the new takeover is true, even though I was wildly against the invasion of Arabian oil money. They say in business you have to adapt to what the best guys do or you go bust. I'd rather get some oil money compared to vanish down the drain.

I remember when the weasle, also known as the General, started to indirectly talk shit about MON and how we were better off....

Says so much about him when we look about our current dire situation and also see the 2 wins MON has put up in 3 games for Sunderland.

The General knew nothing about football and he should never have been connected to this club. I know, he was only a non-executive, but in many ways he was not given the amount of publicity he came across - as he acted as the only link between the official club and the fans. He gave us hope in some way, and he manipulated fans with his "wisdom".

Sure, the idea of him coming on here was kind of cool, but I questioned his competency after one week and was (perhaps rightfully given my manor) attacked by his followers.

The football was not always beautiful under MON, but he put up miracles and we always hoped for wins against the big sides. I looked forward to every game and I also expected wins at times, somthing which is utopia this day and age. It is not a godgiven right to win football games when we look at the teams in our league, but we are now nothing but an unexciting mid-table club with absolutely no chance of getting any good players in.

I pray to god the rumours about the new takeover is true, even though I was wildly against the invasion of Arabian oil money. They say in business you have to adapt to what the best guys do or you go bust. I'd rather get some oil money compared to vanish down the drain.

I don't know why people keep on using our current situation to big up MON. McLeish doing crap does not make MON great or anything close.

That said, I would like those takeover rumours to be true, if only so we can get rid of McLeish.

Absolutely fuming - McLeish cost us the game 100^ tonight.

Not gonna duplicate why, I'm far too annoyed - if you want to look , page 5 of the match summary thread.

FUMING and I definately want him OUT !

Yeah I saw AM telling everyone to move back. What the **** was he thinking? He reverted back to his old ways where he was desperate of keeping the 1-1 instead of going for the 2-1 and what do you know it ends 1-2 instead.

Undeniably a LOT better tho.

I expected nothing but a good beating tonight . We played some alright stuff for once which made a change. We actually passed the ball a bit and had some possession.

I can accept losing like this rather than the likes of the truly woeful debacles we turned out against Spurs , Liverpool , Man U .

Â