The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was pretty good when he was with Leicester and in the early days with 'pool, to be fair - definitely someone you'd want on your side, not your opponents, but that was getting on for 10 years ago.

I remember when he was at the scum and he gave Mellberg a torrid a time as any player I've seen at VP. I don't think Olof won a header all game? (can't remember the year but it was 2:1 and Barry got the consalation for us)

Plus he has had some decent games for England?

Big game for McLeish, does he stick with the current formation or revert to type with his negative brand of dross.... if it's the latter (again) he has to go!

Totally with you on this one. I shall be there again against my better judgement, but it could be for the last time whilst Eck is in charge. If he has not learned his lesson yet I'm not sure he ever will.

Big game for McLeish, does he stick with the current formation or revert to type with his negative brand of dross.... if it's the latter (again) he has to go!

Even if we get a positive result?

When has his negativity got us a positive result?

I'm talking about his tactics ala Man Citeh, United, Spurzzz etc - giving up before giving it a go.

I'm talking about his tactics ala Man Citeh, United, Spurzzz etc - giving up before giving it a go.

We scored against City pretty late on. How can we have given up on it?

I agree with the other 2 but what people need to realise is that in football there is an opposition trying to win the game too. To have a go, you need the ball and Tottenham and United kept it very very well.

I think its ludicrus to say that he should be sacked without even contemplating the outcome of the match.

For me, McLeish is taking one step forward, two steps back...

Fair play, he changed the formation and personnel against Bolton and we won (playing well for the first 45 minutes)

But that was Bolton, who are at the bottom of the league.

We now face Liverpool, an entirely different prospect and to date, McLeish has always set us up negatively against teams he obviously believes we can't compete against.

If this is what we're to expect from him when facing the bigger teams then what is the point in turning up???

I'm all for keeping a clean sheet and countering but his tactics don't even equate to that....

Manure and liverpool, yes, man citeh, no. We actually gave that game a go. Wasn't successive, but at least we tried. Swansea away though, he could've tried a bit more with team.

Manure and liverpool, yes, man citeh, no. We actually gave that game a go. Wasn't successive, but at least we tried. Swansea away though, he could've tried a bit more with team.

the whole Swansea game was totally overshadowed by the shock news of Gary Speed... surprised it even went ahead

the whole Swansea game was totally overshadowed by the shock news of Gary Speed... surprised it even went ahead

Very true and a fact that shouldn't ne neglected. But even so I thought the line up was a bit too defensiva for playing against a team like Swansea.

Fair play, he changed the formation and personnel against Bolton and we won (playing well for the first 45 minutes)

We now face Liverpool, an entirely different prospect and to date, McLeish has always set us up negatively against teams he obviously believes we can't compete against.

If this is what we're to expect from him when facing the bigger teams then what is the point in turning up???

I'm all for keeping a clean sheet and countering but his tactics don't even equate to that....

So he hasnt taken two steps back yet then?

Agreed. I think 4-4-2 against the big 6 would leave us open to being dominated in CM where they will typically have three and Stan struggles with the pace of the game. However, we could still play an attacking 4-5-1 with two wide players that are encouraged to get forward at every opportunity and a three man CM that should retain possession more.

The killer for me in 4-3-3/4-5-1 is Heskey in CM!

I expect him to get 3 points against Liverpool tommorow. Suarez being the exception they're a laughable team considering all the money they've spent. They're no where near the level when they trashed us 5-0 and we can normally beat them once per season now. Even Gary Mac managed it....

Honestly, if he parks the bus against that team then he deserves all the abuse he gets even if it finishes 0-0. They are now one of the worst clinical sides in the entire Premier League. There's nothing to fear.

Its a big 4 days for McLeish. If he has a go in the next two games and comes out with at least one positive result then the tide might slightly turn in his favour. If we serve up the same negative crap we did against Spurs and Man Utd then he will have 99% of the fans on his back.

I really hope for all our sakes he at least sends the lads out with a positive attitude to have a go. I can take losing but what I can't take is accepting defeat before a ball has even been kicked. Aston Villa are far bigger than that.

I fear RVP FC more than Suarez FC.

It's definitely christmas come early for him where all he has to do is a simple trick and our pisshead defenders will no doubt bump heads with each other, trip themselves up and wave their arms like babies when his miles onside with a numerous amount of space to finish.

Â